Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Buffdaddy55

trailer wiring

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Buffdaddy55

any one know where I can get a 6 flat to 4 flat connector adapter? Have 6 flat on my 1800 and need an adapter to get a r trailer that has 4 flat.:looking:

m2102

not sure but have you tried cyclemax?

Ghost Rider 2

For that you will need to go threw a tail light converter. The 6 wire has a seperate brake light. The 4 has a brake turn signal combo.

Buffdaddy55

Have you ever felt like a total idiot? I am going with that feeling now.Turns out that the connector on my bike is a Bushtec. Two of the wires are tied together at the bike end. Therefore I now need a 5 to 4 converter and Ishould be back in business. Will have to change out bike pigtail to 4 flat. Forgive my ignorance, but first time owning an 1800. Have a 1200 that ain't this complex.:baffled:

Ghost Rider 2

When u use the converter it comes out with 4 wires. some even come prepped with the 4 flat plug on it. Let me find it I will send u a link of the one I use.

Ghost Rider 2

I like this one it has a flat 4 plug on it. I use a turn signal harness from Cyclemax. I run the wires under the seat. Wire in converter, mount it to fender under seat and the wire with the plug is plenty long enough to reach the rear of the trailer hitch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Powered-Taillight-Converter-/160879406932?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item257528ef54

Buffdaddy55

Got one. Thanks.