Sign in to follow this  
Bamaeagle

Krispy Kreme Donut Shop Ride

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

Bamaeagle

The wife and I decided to do a ride today to Tuscaloosa to the Krispy Kreme Donut shop. Today was their GRAND Reopening after the Tornados of April 27,2011 totally destroyed the shop. They have rebuilt the shop and from the looks of the people there today they were welcomed back to the area BIG Time !! I spoke to a lady working there and they were to open this morning at 6 AM but opened the doors one hour early as they had people that camped out in the parking lot waiting on the doors to open. I had intended on parking up front of the store and get a picture of the wing there.....but the drive thru line was out of the parking lot and at least two miles down the road. So we parked the wing one block away and walked to the front of the store to stand in a line that was all the way around the building out to the drive thru speaker.

The ride there and back was great. Not to much traffic and the weather was nice. Did a total of 150 miles today.

Here are a few pics of Krispy Kreme......

Attached files 156492=4574-Krispy Kreme front.jpg

Bamaeagle

Drive thru traffic

Attached files 156493=4575-Krispy Kreme Drive thru traffic.jpg

Bamaeagle

Donut line...

Attached files 156494=4576-Krispy Kreme Donuts line 1.jpg

Bamaeagle

Cooked & Glazed.....& HOT!!!!!!!!

Attached files 156495=4577-Krispy Krem Donuts line 4.jpg

maestro319

YUM!!!!

aperry62

Wow...lots of people like doughnuts.

Ghost Rider 2

We have one of those in Bloomington now. Very fun to ride bike over get a cup of coffee and a couple of hot fresh doughnuts. It also great fun to watch the little kids with their faces in smiles as the doughnuts come down the conveyor belt.

Bamaeagle

Yeah I like doing that too. Maybe someday the newness will go away from this store and you could go in there and sit down to a cup of coffee. The wife and I was riding the wing one night back from Falkville to Demopolis and at 11:00 PM we came by the exit to where this shop is. We decided to stop for a cup of coffee and a couple of donuts. The place was packed ! ! We did stop and we did get the coffee and a small table to sit at. Right now they close at midnight and we closed them down that night.