Sign in to follow this  
KC Ghost Rider

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

KC Ghost Rider

I just found this site this morning and thought I'd check it out.

Typical of many baby boomers, I rode a lot when I was young, first a Honda 90 cc trail bike, later a 400 cc Honda four cylinder that I rode from Milwaukee to Daytona for spring break. I was in my late 20's at the time, so it seemed like a great adventure. I sold that bike right after getting it back home and didn't ride again for 28 years.

Once both of our children went off to college I quickly bored of yard work and was looking for something to do that was fun. I saw the movie Wild Hogs and got the fever to get a bike and see the country. I visited numerous Harley dealers around the country and didn't like the way I was treated, plus I figured if I didn't use the bike very much I didn't want a lot of money tied up in it. I ended up buying a VStar 1300 tourer, which was a great bike to get back into the sport. Last summer I took a trip from Kansas City to Glacier National Park and back, 1,328 miles in a week. Even with the Mustang seat and a lot of accessories, I learned that this was not the bike for a lot of long distance riding.

I read a lot on the IBA website about ST1300's and Gold Wings that held up well for long distance riding. I test drove a Wing and just had to have one. After some extensive shopping late last fall I ended up buying a new pearl white 2008 GL1800 with Navi, premim sound and comfort packages. I only have 900 miles on it and have a lot to learn, so I'll be reading everything I can and asking a lot of questions. Thanks in advance for all of the help I anticipate receiving on this forum.

Ride Safe

Cactus_Jack

Welcome to the forum! Hope you enjoy your stay.:wave::wave:

jpwalter

Welcome to the forum!!

Devans

Welcome to the forum Kc Ghost Rider :wave::wave:

Congratulations on the new Goldwing. I know you will not regret it. :egypt::dance:

Vegaswingnut

Welcome to the NAGF KC Ghost Rider. :wave:

Nice choice in wings! There are some good people here that will answer just about any of your questions.:COOL:

devansgirl
Welcome to the forum [user=731]KC Ghost Rider[/user]
:banana::banana::banana::banana:
:running:

Wvboy

Welcome to the forum

KC Ghost Rider

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome.

Flyone
Welcome to the forum from the State of Confusion......Kansas! :rage:

mikef

Welcome. You will love the comfort in long distance riding.