Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Helemet Headsets

9 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

Ok, Ive been looking for a week or so and have a question on these helmets headsets...

Donna has the J&M Passenger Controller with the 7 pin (pretty sure its 7) helmet plug. The controller witht he push to talk for the cb and the headset volume control.

What headset do I get. All of them that I see are only the 5 pin din style plugs. Is there an adapter to go from the 5 pin to a 7 pin or what? :baffled:

This the the set I am planning to get...

http://www.wingworx.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1167

I noticed on the bottom of the description it says it works with the J&M Passenger Controller, but it looks to me like it is the 5 pin style.

Actually it is this set Im looking at... same thing only cheaper..

http://www.chromeworld.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=2826&categoryID=751

Rudy

Do what I always do.

Contact Jim and Sue Venne at Vencowings.com and ask them. Then do what they say.

You could do a hell of a lot worse.

Devans

Unrelated.... I have been to their site, but I can never get the photos to come up, do you have that problem? :baffled:

Also I would perfer to buy from someone else.... Their prices are to rich for my blood..:whip:

Devans

Ok, so I ordered the headsets yesterday....

Hopefully they work well, I havent seen any bad things about them so far.

Fatwing Chris

Got a couple of sets this winter from Cyclemax and so far they seem OK.We only use them for intercom though,so I can't comment on music quality.I like to be able to hear what's going on around me.First set we've had so I have nothing to compare to.

Devans

I ordered 2 of them saturday. They called today to let me know they are being shipped today, so I will find out soon enough if there any good...:running:

maddog

:banana:I ordered 2 also and recieved an email tonight saying they will be delivered thursday , 2d ay shipping great company.I hope they work good so me and devans can chat while we are cruising down the hard ball.:doh:Oh yah and so the women can chat to:blah::blah::blah:.:hi: donna love yah.

Devans

Got my headsets yesterday (Thursday).

Chrome World really impressed me. They called me the day the headsets were being shipped to let me know they were getting ready to ship them. They also sent me an email with tracking info.

I ordered the HS-8154-OF headsets.

So, I got the headsets installed in both helemts. They work and sound great. Much better than my home made set...:banana:go figure.:baffled: If there is a negitive to this model, it would be the depth of the speaker itself. The speakers are about 1/2" deep which makes for a lot of carving to get the speakers sitting flush inside the helmet. I dont really find it to be a negitive, but some might, due to the amount of material you need to remove. The install itself is very clean looking.

I tested them last night going down the highway at 75MPH with my face shield full up, and had very very little wind noise. With the shield full down, there was no wind noise at all. Conversation between Donna and I over the intercom was extremely clear. So far, I am very impressed with the sound and lack of wind noise with this particular headset. Time will tell.....

Rudy

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Unrelated.... I have been to their site, but I can never get the photos to come up, do you have that problem? :baffled:

Also I would perfer to buy from someone else.... Their prices are to rich for my blood..:whip:

I didn't say use their web store, I said:

" Contact Jim and Sue Venne at Vencowings.com and ask them."

Remind me not to suggest sources to you. :bang::bang::bang: