Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Hatfield Motorsports in Muscatine Iowa

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

I dont know how many of you know the history behind how we got our new 1500, so Im going to tell it....

As many of you know, when I bought my 86 GW last year the stator went out about 2 weeks later. I called the Honda dealer where I purchased it, to see how much they would charge me to replace it. Knowing I had bought the bike as is, I was amazed when the owner, Pete Hatfield, told me to bring the bike in, and he would have it fixed for free. Not only that, Pete also gave us a 2004 Goldwing to ride for the entire time they were working on my GW. One hell of a guy to say the least!

Ok, so now to this year.... I called Pete about a month ago to let him know I was in the market for a 1500. He told me he didnt have any at that time, but when one came in, he would let us know. As luck would have it, Pete actually signed up for this forum a week or so later. He sent me a PM letting me know that a gentleman had purchased a new 1800 from him, and he was selling his 1500 privately. I contacted Pete, and he gave me the gentlemans name, address, and phone number. I called him, and after about a week we ended up buying the bike.

So whats so special about this...? Pete made no money on this deal. This was a totally private sale between myself and the owner of the 1500. Hatfields could have easily held out on telling anyone about this bike, as they had nothing to gain from it, not one penny. To me, that is one outstanding dealer. Pete could have waited until he had a 1500 n stock to sell to me, and made the money for himself.

Anyway, I just thought I would share this because there isn't to many dealers out there that would be willing to lose money to help a customer, but Hatfields, I feel, went above and beyond that.... and for that I say...

THANK YOU HATFIELD MOTORSPORTS

for all you have done, and for so unselfishly helping Donna and I have the bike we have always wanted.

And incase anyone is wondering....yes I hope Pete reads this so he can see how apprecitive we are to him and his great Dealership.

:Party:

:yes: A little plug for Pete Hatfield :yes:

devansgirl

[glow=blue]Thank you Pete Hatfield[/glow]

:clap: :bravo: :Party: :bravo: :clap:

Rudy

What if we read it first? :baffled:

Devans

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

What if we read it first? :baffled:

Then we appreciate you for being interested enough to read it :rofl::rofl:

Nightwing83

I wished I lived in Iowa so I could take my business to him on a regular basis

SilverHawk

I purchased an extended warranty from Pete Hatfield for my '07 Wing several months ago for a super low price. His personal service is outstanding and it was a pleasure doing business with him. I understand he is in the trike business as well. If anyone is in that market (extended warranty or trike) it couldn't hurt to give him a shout, or check out his web site. He seems like one of the dealers out there who cares about us. The usual -- I have no affiliation with Pete Hatfield, nor any portion of his business. I'm just a satisfied customer.

:bravo: Pete!! :clap:

Devans

[user=6]Nightwing83[/user] wrote:

I wished I lived in Iowa so I could take my business to him on a regular basis

When your in the market Nightwing... head over this way. :woohoo:

You wouldnt regret it....:egypt: It will be worth the drive....:yes::yes:

hatfield

Thank you guys for the kind words. I appreciate it!

Tattoo Taffy

welcome Pete, your business dealings with members here have not gone un-noticed and my hat goes off to you and your organisation for the true and honest way you go about your generosity. :clap::clap:

mikef

Sounds like a pretty decent dealership. Not that far from me. I may have to take a ride. Trike conversion interests me.

Devans

Im sure it would be worth the trip Mike. If you head this way, let us know, we'll have to meet at the DQ or something...:rofl:

Vegaswingnut

I went to my local Honda shop when I was looking to upgrade to the 1500 from my 1100. The salesman said he didn't have any 1500, but he took my number and said he would call me when one came in. He called me when "anything" came in even if it wasn't a gold wing, heck, even if it wasn't a Honda. I appreciated the effort, but he actually got to be irritating. I told him the first couple of times I was only in the market for a 1500. He didn't seem to care. The calls kept coming. I finally told him to stop with the calls. I guess I should give him an A for effort though.