Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
beenshot

one of our members has fallen ill

56 posts in this topic Last Reply

SkinnyChic

May the almighty give all the strength to Rudy to fight with cancer. Our prayers are with him.

AspectTwo

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and assistance.

You can see the generosity of this family of people we associate ourselves with.

I appreciate you all for it.

I've got the big dogs on me right now but the fight ain't over.

Thank you

In true Rudy form....all our thoughts, prayers, you know....whatever we can do - you got it Ric!

Tris

Rudy, all the best to you and your family. Hopefully you will have some good news for us in the future.

Tris

tedmass

My prayers to Rudy and his family . You can beat this we are sure..ted

dwsonar

It's been a month since the last update. Anyone have anything new to tell us?

We're still here for you Rudy, if you need us.

Devans

Would anyone have any updates on this?

Hodgy

Stolen from the other forum as posted by Rudy on March 11. As of March 18 they have raised $13,967.63

"

Before this gets too far down the list, let me say again how thankful my wife and I are for all your support, prayers and well wishes.

We are eternally grateful for the self giving you have all made in our behalf.

I have not been making progress postings because there has not been a lot of progress so far. I keep meeting new doctors and I keep having more tests done but as to date, not one bit of treatment other than pain prescriptions.

I feel I am getting closer to something positive happening but as it has not yet happened, I have put off reporting it. I know people get tired of these things and I am pretty tired of it all myself. So, rather than having nothing to report or only negative things to report, I decided to hold off until there was something of value to send.

We wouldn't be this far along without you and I can't thank you enough.

I originally wanted to send thank you messages to every person who posted or assisted and I was able to do that in the beginning. The first list was around 500 messages.

Since then things have gotten past me and most who replied to the messages said they would rather I concentrated on the results, not the thanks. I still try to do what I can but I know I have missed many generous, giving individuals who are no less important in our hearts.

So please accept this as my sincere thanks while I continue to concentrate on the results.

Rudy

RudysProducts Info: The new guy is coming along nicely. I am helping him get out a large Cyclemax order then most items should return to normal availability. Right now we are shipping GL1500 trunk lid kits on a 5 day turn around.

"

joesnipes7

so sorry to hear this news,my prayers are with you

drtjr

Very Sorry to hear the news. Our thought and prayers are with him.

Wishing you the best Rudy

Hodgy

Rudy is busy with his issues so I went to Steves Forum and stole the latest update given by Rudy on March 30.

"Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been on very much lately. I have been taking everyone's advice and making a priority out of working on dealing with my medical problem.

I have been making regular trips to the doctors at the hospital where I am trying to get treated. I had one 6 hour appointment Wednesday and then another 6 hour session, yesterday. Bear in mind that none of the doctor sessions have been for treatment of any kind. Just 'working up to it'. Apparently you have to see every doctor there is before you evolve up the food chain far enough to actually get some help. Of course each of those visits involves fuel, parking, office visits, Dr fees and lab tests so sometimes I think they are just trying to milk me dry and pass me around to all their buddies before tossing the carcass in the ditch.

I try to hold off reporting stuff when it is not good or when nothing new has happened because the medical community moves so slow that nothing new may have transpired since the last report.

This time I have a little good news and some hopeful to report so let me dwell on that part of if...

So first the good news... I don't know if it is the prayer, the change of diet, the vitamins or what ( I like to think all three) but in the last week, my tumor has begun to shrink and be less hard and painful. I'm trying to freeze what I am doing to continue this effect as much as possible. Bear in mind this is without any treatment from the medical community so far.

Now for the hopeful news... All of these office and Dr visits have apparently risen me up through the ranks to the bigger dogs of the medical establishment. You may remember that the one hospital I can go to does not treat my kind of cancer but I have been turned down for various aid programs so that I cannot go to the other hospitals without a funding source. Turns out, many of the big dog doctors I have been paying to see lately are a part of one of the best places to get treated for my type of cancer... Emory University Medical Centers.

One of the high up Drs told me last month that there is a newish drug out (super, super expensive) as of about 2 years ago, that if you have the right DNA marker, it can put the brakes on this type of cancer. He is currently having that test done on my biopsy materials to see if I have this marker. He and other high up physicians (also Emory related) are working to see if they can get me on as a charity case at Emory.

So I am asking for your prayers to continue and that you ask for my continued shrinking of the tumor, that I have the right DNA marker, that Emory will accept me as a charity case and that I respond to the drug if and when I get that far.

This, combined, would be the best of scenarios for me. It is a long shot, however.

Again I want to thank you all for everything you are doing and have done for us in this fight. I am pleased to be able to report these changes since last time.

Hopefully I will be able to get back to semi-normal soon. Please keep us in your prayers.

Rudy

RudysProducts Info: The new guy is coming along nicely. I am helping him get out a large Cyclemax order then most items should return to normal availability. Right now we are shipping GL1500 trunk lid kits on a 5 day turn around.

RudysBackyard.com Info: RudysBackyard.com will cease to exist on 5/30/2012 when the domain name expires.

"

Devans

:clap::clap::clap:

AspectOne

:wave: Hang in there Ric, we all pray for santa :wave:

rufus15

Rudy,

very sorry to hear of your strugle with this. my thoughts and prayers are with you. Hard to stay positive at a time like this so know that I'm with you.

WingingItNow

I am new on this forum and new to the Goldwing community and I am moved by all i have read from and about Rudy. We will pray for God's grace and for you Rudy.

Hodgy

I went and stole this update by Rudy on Steves Forum as posted today. To date they have raised $14,152.63 to help Rudy out.

OUTSTANDING !!!!!

Quote:

Here is an update...

As of today, I'm officially on chemo.

The drug company was enticed by some excellent medical staff work to sponsor the 6 month drug treatment for us at no cost.

I just got back from the hospital pharmacy and took my very first dose (of 4 tablets). I will repeat this this evening and then every day thereafter for 6 months, providing that one or more of the MANY serious side effects don't rear their ugly head.

This is a brand new drug and before this, there was no real treatment in the medical community although that doesn't stop them from wreaking havoc on everyone's health and medical ins systems using useless conventional chemo on them.

My Dr was very strong stating that this new drug is NOT a cure. But with a documented 70% improvement rate in many studies, it is at least heading in the right direction.

The drug is called Zelboraf. FDA approved it just last January (this year). Because of this, my Drs are very jumpy to watch for ANY side effects as early as possible. Also they will be running EKGs and blood work done on a regular basis.

I had to photo document the state of my skin so that we could to it regularly and have something to compare to as any changes occur.

Anyway feel free to go to the drug website to see how much fun the side effects can be.

I guess you can see where the remainder of the donation money will be spent.

Anyway, I really can't see how anyone could conclude that I got here from anything other than divine intervention. At least I can't see any other way. I'm sure all of you contributing prayers will agree.

Financially, without your generous monetary donations, I never would have made it to the Drs that could make a difference and even if I had, they would not have had any suitable data to work with. That alone would have eliminated any opportunity to arrive at this point at all.

I really had some doubt about starting this chemo because I was doing so well on my own but I decided some time back that if I were able to get chemo in an affordable way, I would give it a go. Plus, I didn't know if my methods of reduction of tumor size was doing anything beneficial in treating the other areas of treatment needed. So as of half an hour ago, I'm on it. I'll need your prayers to ensure the drug has a positive effect and not so much the other effects.

I'll keep you posted...

It's pretty weird walking out of a hospital with a $10,000 bag of drugs in hand. The wife and I kept looking around as we made our way to the car, even though no one knew what it was or that it would be of little use to most other people.

Onward and upward!

Rudy

RudysProducts Info: We are back! With somewhat limited capacity but we will be reinforcing this over the next week or so. Production time is currently 1-3 business days for all in-stock items.

RudysBackyard.com Info: RudysBackyard.com will cease to exist on 5/30/2012 when the domain name expires.

Plastic repairs are almost always unique to the shape, location and problem. If you want useful help deciding on the best approach for a specific repair, include photos. Sharp photos. No photos, no useful help.

Dorksider # 1

Unquote:

Hodgy

LED --- HID---> what are you talking about !!!!!!

Ahhh, missed it ----- SPAM

devansgirl

Post deleted. Now back to the topic. I hope you are feeling better Rudy!! Let us know how you are

AspectTwo

God Bless Rudy......we're still thinking about you and praying for you. Such good news about the accessibility of the chemo. Please keep us posted!

Rueda Grande!

Go for a ride Rudy!

Perhaps you can out run that damm cancer.

God bless you!

Rick Hudson

Sending you all the prayers hoping you can beat this thing.

reefkeep

Hi Rudy, I am brand new to this forum and saw this post and wanted to wish you a speedy recovery and may god be with you, you are in my prayers..

Rudy

Sorry for not being too active lately. I still appreciate all the well wishes and prayers.Thank you.

As an update, for those interested, I'm still on that new drug and it is still helping. My understanding is that it supposedly stops helping after a while but right now my quality of life has been fairly reasonable.

I had a member come by in Sept and we took a 4 hour morning ride together. That was really nice as I had not been on the road for over 12 months at that time. I found out why the doctors kept warning me I had to avoid all sun. What little I had exposed began to burn about an hour in and by the time I was headed home, it felt like sunburn combined with acid wherever I was exposed. By the time I got home, my lower lip was swollen, numb and blistered. Much like what you see on people who have been exposed while lost on the ocean for a while. It took 3 weeks for that to finally settle down to where I could start to be normal again.

I realized several things...

1. I needed to stay out of the sunshine.2. If/when I rode again it would either have to be at night or at least early and overcast days.3. I needed some type of face and neck mask and a hat anytime my helmet was not on.

I didn't want the standard bad boy skeleton face mask so I found an nice bandanna looking one. Now I'm just pretty much waiting for the weather to cool, the sun to sink low and the right weather day to ride. Of course I'm also assuming that the UV rays won't go straight through the mask... :whistle:

Anyway, thanks again for the thoughts and I'm still around.... just not as much as before. It's harder to stay involved when you can't ride.

Dusty Boots

The smile on your face on our way over to Covington, spoke volumes! :banana:

Sorry that you ended up getting burnt, but after the 1st three minutes of riding, I saw your self confidence return, as well as an about turn in regards to your atitude about living.

Keep at it, Bubba!

Hodgy

Good to hear from you Rudy.

Halfling
Thanks for the update Rudy! You are always on our minds!