Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
beenshot

one of our members has fallen ill

56 posts in this topic Last Reply

beenshot

our good friend Rudy has recently been diagnosed with cancer, please think of him in your prayers as he battles this enemy.

it is hard for me to talk about this as I consider him to be a good friend and I hate to see anyone I care about have to go through this. he can use all the encouragement and help that we can give him.

Rudy, I love ya, brother, and there is not a day that goes by that you are not in my thoughts and prayers.

we have a fundraiser running for him over on the goldwingfacts forum. he doesn't have medical insurance and could use all the help he can get. if you would like to make a donation to him you can check out that thread or just send a paypal to my email address.

beenshot.gif

link to fundraiser

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum3/129204.html

golly

so sorry to here this, all the love from this way bro .

devansgirl

This is such sad news. Rudy sat up with Dean many nights to get this forum going. I will pray that he gets better soon.

Hodgy

Looks like they have raised a bit of money over there. I just PayPal'ed some also.

Rudy needs our help, lets go !

aperry62

My prayers to Rudy and his family. Cancer really sucks.

dwsonar

Hang in there Rudy, lots of people pulling for you. Keep a positive attitude and you can beat it. My wife has gone through it twice in 3 years. She kept saying "You can't kill bad grass"

Vegaswingnut

Best wishes heading Rudys way!:yes:

VintageWingrider

You are in my prayers Rudy.

Devans

I'm so sorry it took so long to get an announcement up for this. :worthy:

Rudy, you sat up with me many of nights helping me get this great forum started, and I appreciate every minute of your time. I want you to know we are wishing the best and praying for a complete recovery for you.

Hang in there! :worthy:

joe55119

sending prayers your way Rudy

Rudy

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and assistance.

You can see the generosity of this family of people we associate ourselves with.

I appreciate you all for it.

I've got the big dogs on me right now but the fight ain't over.

Thank you

devansgirl

[user=5]Rudy[/user] wrote:

Thank you all for your thoughts, prayers and assistance.

You can see the generosity of this family of people we associate ourselves with.

I appreciate you all for it.

I've got the big dogs on me right now but the fight ain't over.

Thank you

Stay strong Rudy!! :clap::clap:

mespock

Good Luck Rudy ... Here's my $0.02 ... for what it's worth ..

Diet, Exercise, and I'm going to beat this poopy Attitude is my prescription ... And ride ride ride the wing ...

Take care good friend and God Speed ... Thought and Prayers go out ...

lvfirecap1

I will be blunt, CANCER SUCKS! I was diagnosed nearly 3 years ago and 3 of my close friends are in the fight as we speak. It sounds like you have some great friends close to you, use them, thats what friends are for. My family and friends were there for me and now I get to repay the favor. I hope and pray that you get the same chance that I did. Best wishes and Gods speed to you.

dwsonar

Agreed, use your friends. when the wife was dealing with IT, we would come home from a chemo treatment, and find a complete meal in the garage waiting for us. Offers to take her when I was offshore, they set up a rotation. It may not seem like much, but at the time it was everything.

badwing1200

Wow that's a huge forum where they are having the fundraiser :surprised:

I seen familiar names from here in the fundraiser thread. Over $9,000 raised so far!

Prayers are on the way right now Rudy. I will send a few bucks there later when I figure out how to do that paypal thing.

badwing1200

Okay, I think I did it right. Clicked the donate button and sent a few dollars. I guess it works its way back to Rudy.

Pearl White 1500

Get Well RUDY and may GOD BLESS you and your Family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Bamaeagle

Ok I read this post on Steve Saunders site. It is a reply post to a question that was asked about an update on Rudy's condition. I got permission from Rudy to repost it here: Quote from Rudy :

Thank you lordbradley and everyone concerned. I have been trying to hold off for some good news to report but so far that has been mighty thin.

I did get the PET Scan a little over a week ago (thanks to you) and just got the results two days ago. Things don't look good right now...

I have a melanoma cancer that has spread all over my body. My treating physician has told us that this hospital cannot treat us for that particular cancer. She is trying to get us into one that does but they won't take patients without a funding source.

I had applied to a state funded cancer program but was turned down because one of the criteria for it is that the cancer has to have a good likelihood of cure if treated.

With this prognosis, I have been encouraged to apply for SS Disability and then for SS Medicade. This would provide that required funding source the other hospital requires.

I have a phone interview for that today in the morning. Hopefully that won't take too long to get processed.

To buy time, the treating physician has referred me to the hospital's radiology/oncology department for radiation treatments for my neck and hip. I have an appointment to meet the radiology/oncology physician for that on Tuesday.

The original physician also wants to schedule an MRI because she feels the radiology folks will need that to locate the treatment properly with.

On my end I have been dealing with the hip pain getting me up at night, like now, the emotional parts with tears, friends coming by to visit and try to offer help, as well as making all the preparations I can to pass Rudy's stuff on, get my personal stuff resolved and to try to make the living environment better for Mrs.Rudy during treatment and after.

Along those lines, I will be soon be selling my beautiful GL1500 and Custom Trailer. Anyone who has seen it knows what a fine and complete touring package that is. Somebody will be getting one of the finest rides on two wheels.

The good news will come later, if it does. That would entail getting SS Disability and emergency Medicade as well as getting into that other hospital and getting a treatment regimen that responds well.

On my end I have started with what I can do with diet and supplemental foods to encourage the shrinkage of the main tumor and hopefully the other affected areas as well.

It isn't a pretty picture right now but what is the best part of this is the way this board and the motorcycle family has responded. Not just the amazing monetary gifts, which have been absolutely essential to even getting us this far, but the prayers and well wishes provided by everyone. This has been quite emotional and humbling for us and we can only begin to thank everyone who has responded, world wide, to help us as they could.

I hope to be able to continue to be involved and contribute where I can. This will likely vary during treatment and as my condition changes.

You have all been very good to me and to each other. I know that will continue because this is the kind of people we are here. You have proven yet again, to the world, what and who we are.

I offer huge thanks from myself, my wife, Fletcher and our family and friends. You have given us quite a bit of hope and strength.

Hopefully I will be able to report something more positive as the days march on.

Last edited on Wed Feb 15th, 2012 11:09 pm by Rudy

Rudy

RudysProducts Info: Due to recently declining health, I have decided to pass Rudy's Products on to a nearby friend who will be trained to do it right. As a result, product availability will be hit or miss during the transition, both at the web store and at Cyclemax. SmartLights are discontinued as of now. If you got one, enjoy it. It was designed to outlive you. The transition will be gradual and I will continue to make items as I am able. Please expect extended delivery times. If you have a specific need, please let me know and I will attempt to accommodate you. I thank you all for your friendship, support and loyalty.

devansgirl

I'm so sorry Rudy. Do they have any State funded help you could try to get on? Like through the Department of Human Services? It would be worth a try! Be strong.

My uncle has a nasty form of Multiple Myeloma Cancer. They told him he wouldnt last 6 months. Its been well over a year and he is still going. He breaks a bone in his spine every time he moves but still going strong. You are a very strong- willed man!! You Can and WILL beat this!!!

aperry62

Hang in there Rudy. My grandfather has stage 4 melanoma cancer that has spread throughout his body. He started that battle at Christmas of 2010 and they said about 8 weeks. He's still hanging in there and getting hormone therapy, chemo, and radiation. Thoughts, prayers, and extreme stuborness have kept him with us. My prayers to you and your family that this can turn around.

91goldwing

Hang in there Rudy. I will keep you in my prayers.:CRY:

devansgirl

Just bumping this back up. I dont want it to be forgotten!! Get well soon Rudy!!

Cactus_Jack

Keep fighting Rudy!!!!

mort952

My prayers to Rudy and his family.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,