Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Great Lakes Vacation

34 posts in this topic Last Reply

Cobra

I think that we are going to take off this summer and head to the Great Lakes. Going to have 17 days, so we are going to leave MO and ride north into Minnesota and then travel the shoreline of the lakes. Probably go into Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio, and then into Canada and probably come back into the States around Niagara Falls, NY. Really haven't set up a route yet, and may not. May just wing it, lol, no pun intended. Travel until we want to stop and then find a place and stay the night, or 2 or 3 nights, and then move on. Really don't know for sure yet, but that is the plan as of right now. I here that there is some nice riding up in the area and it's someplace we haven't been yet, so Great Lakes, here we come!

Cobra

Devans

And you are planning on stopping by members towns that you pass through, of course... :tap:

mikef

I've done the Great lakes circuit many times, going through Sault Ste. Marie, coming back thru Niagara Falls. You will enjoy it.

Cobra

I did figure on stopping in members towns and maybe having lunch, dinner, or seeing if maybe they wanted to ride along for awhile.:yes: Didn't know how many members might be interested, or for sure how many members towns we will be going thru,:baffled: as I really haven't set up a route. You'll have to let me know Devans just where you are located and then we will see what can be done to make sure we come thru your area.:COOL:

Cobra

jpwalter

You know what would be cool a map page! ya know with dots where active members live.:ponder:

Devans

Jp I have been looking for one that isnt slammed with advertisements, but have had no luck.

If anyone sees one... shoot me a pm

Devans

We are 15 miles south of Davenport Iowa Cobra, right on Highway 61, and about 1 1/2 hours from Alexandria, Missouri.

We'd be more than happy to meet you for lunch, dinner, or just a quick ice cream at DQ :COOL:

Cobra

Kewl Dean. Will keep that in mind when we are making plans for this summer. Who knows, you might even see us before vacation. That isn't that far away and would make a nice "long weekend" road trip.

Galen

mikef

ice cream?????

paper

I recommend the ferry from South Baymouth to Tobemory after riding the Manitoulin Island in Ontario.. It's a nice trip.. Thinking about doing it again myself..

Devans

[user=586]Cobra[/user] wrote:

Kewl Dean. Will keep that in mind when we are making plans for this summer. Who knows, you might even see us before vacation. That isn't that far away and would make a nice "long weekend" road trip.

Galen

You are welcome anytime Cobra...:wave:

How far are you from Alexandria?

Devans

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

ice cream?????

Yes Mike...ice cream... all you have to do is, come on down :watching:

devansgirl

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

ice cream?????

:doh::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mikef

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Jp I have been looking for one that isnt slammed with advertisements, but have had no luck.

If anyone sees one... shoot me a pm

This is the one Steve uses.

http://www.frappr.com/?a=basics&s=size&mvid=137441023308&origin=unknown

Cobra

According to Streets and Trips, its about 390 miles. Alexandria is in the far northeast corner of the state and we are in the far southwest corner, just about as far as we can get! LOL Ya'll need to make it down this way sometime. We have some great roads to ride here and in the northwest corner of Arkansas.

Galen

Devans

We just may have to do just that.

But dont be envious of my goldwing when we get there. :yes:

Nightwing83

I know you probably already know but just in case make sure you have your passports to get into Canada

paper

[user=6]Nightwing83[/user] wrote:

I know you probably already know but just in case make sure you have your passports to get into Canada

And leave weapons at home..

Nightwing83

even mace and pepper spray at least it was that way several years ago

Cobra

Already have the papers filled out for a passcard, like a passport but in a credit card form. Just have to have some pictures taken and send it all in with the payment. Also, I will be sure and leave my gun at home. Don't like the idea, because I usually always carry a gun when we travel, but not going to take a chance on loosing it to Canada, so for this trip at least, won't have one with us.

Galen

paper

[user=586]Cobra[/user] wrote:

Don't like the idea, because I usually always carry a gun when we travel, but not going to take a chance on loosing it to Canada, so for this trip at least, won't have one with us.

Galen

I understand completely. You can declare the gun and allow Canada to hold the gun while in the country, but you have to pick it up at the same place of entry as you declare it.

What's worse, if you have one in IL, you've commited a felony.. :doh:

BlackGW

Monett, MO is way down SW MO. Probably 7 or 8 hrs from Alexandria.

My Dad's family is from the Monett area.

mespock

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

We are 15 miles south of Davenport Iowa Cobra, right on Highway 61, and about 1 1/2 hours from Alexandria, Missouri.

We'd be more than happy to meet you for lunch, dinner, or just a quick ice cream at DQ
:COOL:

Great Lake Tour not Great River Tour LOL:smack:

Devans

Gotta do a river tour to get from Missouri to the Great Lakes...:smack:

Cobra

LOL. May just take you up on that river tour Dean.:yes: Probably ain't going to be going anywhere for a few days, at least not on the bike.:CRY: Temps are supposed to drop and highs are going to be around 30 for the next several days with a chance of ice on Monday and Tuesday!:disagree: Saying that we could get measurable amounts of ice, and that ain't good, but will deal with whatever mother nature sends us I guess. :baffled:

Cobra