Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

RIDER/MEMBER DOWN

55 posts in this topic Last Reply

Sleeper

Thoughts are with you from North Carolina. Just went threw this with my brother I law.

VintageWingrider

My Prayers to you for a great recovery and keep up your spirit

Vegaswingnut

Just got home and read the post.....best wishes being sent to Dave and his family for a speedy and full recovery!

Shame on the hospital for lousy service!

maestro319

Whaaaat?? Discharged?? Unbelievable!!! Prayers go out to all of you involved.

AspectOne

David is on his way back to NM this morning, helped them load what gear he had left in his dad's truck... I wish him well.

DSCF6121.JPG

stephendyer1

Sorry to hear Dave crashed. Glad he is recovering and has friends like you. I will add you all to my prayers.

Vegaswingnut

Hats off to the Aspects for steppin up and helping out. Nice job guys!:COOL:

Uncle Fester

I just saw this and read it all, can not believe the troubles he has had. . . the wreck, early discharge from the hospital, what I am sure is tons of pain! Looking at the picture of his bike, is that at Wing Ding Tulsa? If it is, I met him, just in passing while looking at his bike/trailer! God Bless and MANY MANY PRAYERS are being sent from my family to yours! Get Well Soon !

AspectOne

UPDATE:

Dave and his family made it home OK, just before the storm too! He is in good spirits and thankful for all your wishes and help on his behalf. He will have internet again as soon as he can afford to get it up and running.... perhaps with in a week and will get on here to personaly thank all of you.

Special thanks and a HUGE barrel of manna to MechTech1 for stepping up and buying Daves trailer!!! Great help at a time he needs it most.

Steve's forum has a fund raiser set up for David, you can send money if you ARE ABLE AND WILLING TO HELP HIM THROUGH THIS PAYPAL ADDEE

" larryboak at hotmail.com" please include your forum name in the paypal notes.

A2 and I also thank you all for your fellowship during these, hard times for all.

Happy Holidays from the Aspects... see you "out there"!

Tris

Sorry to hear about Dave's crash. I wish him all the best in his recovery and hope he can persevere in what must be tough times.

I won't even begin to say what I think of a hospital or medical system that behaves in such a manner.

Tris

Wkend_mechanic

Thats so sad at this time of the year. We'll be praying for y'all too!

carl256

Get well Durango Dave. Folks down here in Allen, Texas are praying for you.

AspectTwo

Everytime I speak with David he sounds stronger and better. Just very thankful. Know that it's going to be a long road ahead but so glad that he is faring as well as he is.....gotta help being home with Mom!'

Thank you guys for all of your support for him! It has really made a difference in keeping him positive and progressive on this recovery thing.:clap:

A1Snowman

Dave, you are in my prayers. I've been riding for 50 years now and have been lucky enough to only have a couple of bruises over the years, but I know what it is like to be laid up and off your bike for an extended time. Just to say, praying for physical healing and patience to get through until you can get back out there.

tedmass

Speedy Recovery From Massachusettes Get well soon

ortiger

Sorry to Hear about the Accident have a speedy recover and our prayers are for you from Georgia

durangod

Hi thank you all for your very kind thoughts and prayers. See what happens when i do things my way :rofl: I need to get some highway bars and motorcycle grips for my walker i guess. People look at me funny when i hobble down the street in my walker wearing my leather vest and listening to "born to be wild" lol

But seriously i really thank you all and i am so sorry it took me this long to post on here. I have a huge uphill road ahead of me in recovery, including some intense physical therapy and possibly some furture surgery.

I am better than i was and yes i could have been killed and was very lucky but at the moment due to the pain i am in constantly day in and day out i dont order my "im lucky" t-shirt just yet please lol

I am able to get around in my walker as i said and yes i have taken some steps with out it from point to point so things are getting better in that respect but quality of life pretty much sucks. As i said i am im pain 24/7 and what pills i have dont take the pain away they just make it a bit more tolerable, but 24/7 pain wears on you day in and day out. There are nights i have sat in my puffy chair at 3am and just cried and cried cause im so tired of hurting and i cant get any relief at all no matter what i do. And of course most of the time am unable to sleep due to not being confortable.

I hurt from my waist to my neck, every musle every organ. My knee is now a trick knee is sometimes it works and sometimes it callapses under me. Last week some of the donations were used to pay the dentist to remove two bone frags from my jaw that were poking out. And this neck brace is driving me nuts i want to rip it off.

When i move my jaw it sounds like smack crackle pop with all the noises it makes so i will need to prob have surgery on that to fix my joints there.

Lets just hope that my disability comes quick as it may in fact be the only way i can see a dr in the future other than the emergency room if it gets that bad.

I know i will never be the same again and will always have issues from this, i am convinced of that now after what has happened recently. But i will survive and it is with your help and your kind words that help keep me strong when i am down. I sincerely thank you all for that uplift.

I suppose we found the actual spot on the map that this happened and i have not been able to correct the blog just yet but i will. It happend about two curves south of where it shows on the blog map now. Here is the accident and recovery blog if you would like to read it. http://www.durangodaves.com/blog/?page_id=177

Thank you again my friends and i will keep you updated on my progress. Peace and ride with a smile for me, and ride safe always.

devansgirl

Im glad to hear you are doing OK. At least your alive!! I hope you can start to feel less pain every day. It will take time but keep your head up. Everyone on here has been praying for your recovery. If you need an ear, we are all here for you!! Get well soon Dave!!!

Omega Man

Hang in there Dave, prayers sent.

Bashful

Our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

newwing85

Dave, I know someone who had some similar injuries in a automobile crash where a drunk came across the center line.

PT is the key to recovery as much as you can stand.

Do all they say to the letter. Obviously you won't be same again but don't let that stop you from enjoyinng all you can in life.

Speaking from personal experience with life issues it really does help to set short term attainable goals. These become victories and stepping stones to a fulling life.

Prayers will be answered as they obviously already have been as you are alive and have another chance to have a fulfilling life.

Never give up. Never give up. Never, Never, Never give up!

91goldwing

Get better bro. The bike can be replaced but you cannot. I'll be praying for you.:worthy::worthy:

durangod

[user=3612]Uncle Fester[/user] wrote:

I just saw this and read it all, can not believe the troubles he has had. . . the wreck, early discharge from the hospital, what I am sure is tons of pain! Looking at the picture of his bike, is that at Wing Ding Tulsa? If it is, I met him, just in passing while looking at his bike/trailer! God Bless and MANY MANY PRAYERS are being sent from my family to yours! Get Well Soon !

Sorry folks just getting around to reading alot of this stuff in the forums. Yes Uncle that was at Tulsa and im sure we bumped into each other, that was a great time there and other than the "take your breath away high humidity" i really enjoyed my stay there. And I enjoyed meeting you as well Uncle Fester.

I wanted to sincerely thank everyone for their financial kindness, verbal kindness, blessings and prayers. Thank you for the cards as they really do help get me thru the sometimes unbarrable days emotionally.

The other day i did receive a very nice gift from someone with the email beginning with wesk8 but when i sent the thank you email, it came back that the address was no longer valid.. Assuming the person wanted to be annonymous i wanted to atleast post on here and say thank you so very much for that special gift and your wonderful kindness.

As for my current condition i am awaiting my appointment with orthopedic Dr. on the 1st of feb and he should be able to fill in the gaps and tell me exactly what my current condition and prognosis is.

I have been told by other Dr's that im looking in the face of cronic pain for the rest of my life. I hope that is not true but as John Wayne always said "Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway". I will continue to keep my recovery blog as up to date as i can.

http://www.durangodaves.com/blog/?page_id=177

Bless all of you and may good things come to you and your family this year and years to come.

Peace and ride safe always,

Dave

Papa Woody

I don't know Dave but as a Winger tell him my prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery are with him.

Papa Woody

Rollie

All my prayers go with Dave!