Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

RIDER/MEMBER DOWN

55 posts in this topic Last Reply

AspectOne

Most of you may not know this but Dave had moved here to Ar with us in order to find work and get back on his feet again. His first ride out with me was to our core group Christmass dinner last Sat an on our way home he had a really bad wreck totalling out his 83 and landing him in ICU at UAMS med center....

Update on Dave Livingston:

Saw Dave today, he is at least able to talk a bit today. Hopefully he will move from ICU at UAMS Arkansas to a recovery ward later tonight. His injury list is long but at the moment not life threatening anymore.

Broken back (2 places) at the "T" juncture

Broken Neck and also a fracture at the second Vertebra

Broken Jaw and right cheek bone

Almost every rib on the right side is broken and or fractured

lower teeth knocked out and major bruising of his internal organs... they have elected NOT to do surgery at this time as the main fear f0r now is infection and lack of immune response due to system shock.

I see him every day, his spirits are good but he is in tremendous pain and only allowed visitors for 20 minutes at a time in order that he rest. He will require a lengthy hospital stay to recover functions and faculty but he is a strong willed, kind hearted young man with a lot of reserve to pull from. He will need ALL of it. I know he would not ask out of pride so I will ask for him... If anyone wishes to donate anything toward helping him in anyway please contact me for further information. We will see about getting a PayPal set up for his father to take for him as they are in NM and will be coming here in 3 days. They have to drive here as his mom is a cancer patient and homeland security, in their great wisdom will not allow her to fly and bring her life saving meds along too.

My email is aspectgoldwings@gmail.com

My phone is 501 EIGHT THREE SEVEN 9387, feel free to call me but please do NOT text me as it costs me 20 cents everytime you do. Just email or call please.

I will print off the pages from here to show David your good will and prayers for him. I will also update this thread when anything new is found out.

Thank you

Aspect One

Bamaeagle

Geez I hate to hear this type of news and at this time of the year.:CRY:

Chris tell him we are praying for him down here in Alabama. Hope he recovers quickly. When you get the pay pal info list we will see what we can do from here.

golly

ALL THE BEST BUD, GET WELL SOON WE WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU , X

Fire1386

Our prayers for a speedy recovery Dave!

Joep

WOW!! Sorry to hear that Dave... Prayers for you and family..

Devans

So Sorry to hear about this Chris. Jerry was telling me this morning - I guess I missed this post :doh:

I wish Dave a full and speedy recovery! :worthy:

I will place a link to this post in the announcement to make it easier for members to find and keep track of his recovery.

devansgirl

Wow. I am so sorry to hear this. Prayers for him and you guys as well!

beenshot

hoping for a speedy and full recovery

AspectOne

Dave was moved to a regular room today, he is able to talk and actually ate a few bites of food. He will be in a body cast for a good while and is still looking at a long and painful recovery but at least he will come out of it, thats all I got for now folks... will post again when I know more.

A1

mort952

Prayers from Minnesota

Attached files 140006=4016-imagesCA0ZV76K.jpg

toledosei

Prayers for Dave and his family..speedy recovery bro

Ghost Rider 2

Great to hear he is improving. He is in our prayers. Put him on a prayer list at our CMA chapter tonight.

Busdriver803

Happy to hear that Dave is improving and able to get out of ICU. Prayers and positive thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

badwing1200

A bad time for year for accidents, not that any time of year is a good time for it. Prayers for Dave's recovery.

vtxcandyred
Good lord Dave. From one Dave to another, be strong and have faith. I'm with you in spirit.

oldsoldier

More prayers from our hearth to yours Dave. Wishing you best recovery and healing. Will keep you in our prayers and thoughts.

Warlock

Prayers of healing, patience and perseverance for Dave, his family and friends!!

AspectTwo

You guys are great! I know that Dave will appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, and we'll share them with him just as soon as his Dad gets here with a replacement set of specs.....his were a casualty of the wreck as well.

Chris is going up to see him every afternoon and I hope to catch enough time off work this weekend to sneak up to see him too. Great news yesterday was that he could eat a little bit of solid food - his first since Saturday lunch.

I was able to meet him just minutes after the heliocopter brought him into UAMS and while groaning in pain, worrying about where his leathers were, & being stuck in several places by the nurses for blood & IV's, he said, "Berta, I turned left when I should've turned right and look what happened!". Love that about Dave, he has great spirit and humor even in the worst of situations.

vtxcandyred

[user=1299]AspectTwo[/user] wrote:

You guys are great! I know that Dave will appreciate all the thoughts and prayers, and we'll share them with him just as soon as his Dad gets here with a replacement set of specs.....his were a casualty of the wreck as well.

Chris is going up to see him every afternoon and I hope to catch enough time off work this weekend to sneak up to see him too. Great news yesterday was that he could eat a little bit of solid food - his first since Saturday lunch.

I was able to meet him just minutes after the heliocopter brought him into UAMS and while groaning in pain, worrying about where his leathers were, & being stuck in several places by the nurses for blood & IV's, he said, "Berta, I
turned left when I should've turned right
and look what happened!". Love that about Dave, he has great spirit and humor even in the worst of situations.

I hate it when that happens!!!!!!!!!!! Chin up and all!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ghost Rider 2

Wife tried to post but found out it was not her. I told her she has to log on as her.

But hope this finds Dave improving.

AspectOne

OK, Davids mom and dad got here today... as soon as the hospital social worker found out who they were they discharged David IMEDIATELY!!!, I fought with them and all I could get from them was a walker for david to use in the mean time.... sorry way to run a hospital.

Anyway, david is with his family now in a hotel near my house, they are going to try and give dave a few days to rest up before the long trip back to NM. I am sure when they get him back home they will get a second opinion ... i will post an address in NM for him tomorrow in case anyone wants to send a card or other item to him there.

I understand that dave's trailer will now be up for sale, you all know he needs all the help he can get so if anyone maybe a buyer on it PM or call me and I will get you some pics and an acurate description...

biketrailer2.PNG

Thanks for the well wishes, printed them off and now that dave's dad brought him some new glasses will see if he can at least run through all the posts you guys have made here for him.

A1

AspectTwo

I am absolutey apalled @ the treatment (or lack there of) that David received over the last 2 days - before that, all seemed good. The hospital went from talking extended PT and rehab to getting him out of bed and trying to make him walk and sit up in a chair immediately to lead to discharge yesterday just after learning that his accident insurance would not cover his medical. Today the minute that caught wind of family in the room (meaning Dave's little old parents that had driven furiously for the last 2 days to get here) they said we're dicharging him to you.

UAMS is a premier medical research center, but here it is also the County Hospital where you are sent if you have no insurance. Is there something that prevents them from working payment arrangements with folks that are not AR residents? Somehow I know they think they're not getting paid so out you go.

I am completely horrified & dismayed with them and my state in general at this point.

Ghost Rider 2

I hate to hear of a hospital putting $$ before the welfare of the patient. But I am thinking that the injuries my not have been as serious as originally thought. I can't see them being able to move him out with a broken back & neck. More prayers headed to Dave and his family.

Thanks A1 and Berta for being there for him. please keep us posted on how he is doing.

PaPa John

Just saw this today. Haven't been on line much lately.

So sorry to hear about this. Prayers being sent from my family here in Saskatchewan.

Lost for words. Heal quickly. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

John