Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
QCGoldwinger

Camping in the Buena Vista Area

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

QCGoldwinger

I know it's early but I have placed this note on several motorcycle message boards as I have never been to Colorado. I would like to put together a motorcycle trip for next July. Most everyone will be camping, some in Bunkhouse campers and others in 28 - 32' toy haulers. Have found 3 campgrounds with favorable reviews, 1 being Snowy Peaks RV Park, Arrowhead Pint Camping Resort(used to be Crazy Horse) and Valley RV Park. Would appreciate comments about these camping spots or others in the immediate area. Any campground we use will have to have clean restrooms/showers as well as electric hookups and water. Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

Geezerglider

I have never camped or RV'd at any of the parks there, but that is a great location to make home base. I'm sure all of the campgrounds are excellent. My wife and I did stay in a cabin there on our honeymoon. You can make a lot of very good day trips from there. Wish I could go!!!! :banana:

beenshot

I don't know anything about the campgrounds but that area is great.

here is a photo taken just a few miles north of Buena Vista

100_0211.jpg

QCGoldwinger

beenshot,

What a wonderful picture. I have had so many people tell me how gorgeous Colorado is. Not having been there, can't hardly wait for next July to come around. I'm not having much luck getting first hand knowledge so may have to rely on the on-line reviews. Anyway, I do have a couple in mind which I will be contacting in the near future to find out availability for our group.

You have a few good roads in Arkansas which I have ridden. Kind of envy those who live in the hill country.

QC

beenshot

you will love Colorado. I sure didn't get to spend enough time there and will try to find a way to get back someday. there are a lot of photos in the 2011 meet and greet thread if you haven't seen them yet.

cinebar2

[user=3559]QCGoldwinger[/user] wrote:

I know it's early but I have placed this note on several motorcycle message boards as I have never been to Colorado. I would like to put together a motorcycle trip for next July. Most everyone will be camping, some in Bunkhouse campers and others in 28 - 32' toy haulers. Have found 3 campgrounds with favorable reviews, 1 being Snowy Peaks RV Park, Arrowhead Pint Camping Resort(used to be Crazy Horse) and Valley RV Park. Would appreciate comments about these camping spots or others in the immediate area. Any campground we use will have to have clean restrooms/showers as well as electric hookups and water. Your suggestions will be much appreciated.

If your want to stay near Salida, CO, I would recommend 4 Seasons RV Resort which is on US 50, on the Arkansas River. As I recall it's about 5 miles or so east of town. Very clean, run by mother & son. My stay was about 4 years ago with a 30' 5th wheel.

QCGoldwinger

cinebar2,

Thank you for the suggestion. Kind of wanted to stay in the Buena Vista area as we will be spending our 2 wks traveling in about every direction so felt this would be the most central location. May keep this in mind if not able to hook up with anything decent in the BV area.

QC

drtjr

QC where you originating from. And what dates are you looking at. My Wife has a friend in Evergreen (outside Denver) and runs a resort/hotel there.

QCGoldwinger

drtjr,

We are planning in arriving at BV on July 16. Plan on hanging around until July 27 or 28. We have 22 people(11 couples) who have expressed an interest in going so far. I think we have a fun group so look forward to having a great time.

QC

Sleeper

There is a Buena Vista in Virginia as well.

QCGoldwinger

Also one that I know of in Florida, been there but doubt it holds a candle to the Colorado site we are headed to.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,