Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
goanders

GL 1800 CB radio problem

22 posts in this topic Last Reply

goanders

Won't receive or transmitt The RX is showing all the time. when CB is on the radio won't work. I changed head sets, didn't help:doh:

flash

Just for the hell of it, unplug your battery negative side and leave it a few minutes and reconnect, it might work.

Red Ron

Could the squelch be turned down too low...like 1 or 2?

goanders

No the squelch is OK , but thanks

Red Ron

Do you have passenger arm rests that the antenna mount hasto go through?

goanders

yes

goanders

yes

toledosei

[user=3719]goanders[/user] wrote:

Won't receive or transmitt The RX is showing all the time. when CB is on the radio won't work. I changed head sets, didn't help:doh:

i'm thinking if the RX is on all the time, it must be the RX switch.... little contact cleaner and work the heck out of the switch... it may not be the fix, but sure sounds like it to me. good luck:watching:

• Like 1

goanders

Thanks but where is the RX switch, When I press the talk switch it reads TX as normal

Osprey22

I am having the EXACT same issue. Did you ever figure out what the fix was? I have a brand new 2012 wing, and installed the CB from my 2009. When the CB powers up, any audio I have on (radio/xm radio) is muted (either headset or speakers). I am very frustrated and am trying to avoid spending another $600+ on a brand new CB, but I may have to. This bike is less than a week old, so I do not suspect any switch/contact issues. Other than that, my radio is acting just like you described yours. Thanks.

Mortimerr

Did you guys do as Flash suggested and disconnect the battery? My friend had the same problem. Disconnecting the battery (leave it disconnected for about 10 minutes) causes the radio system to reboot. This is especially known to happen if you let the battery run down with the radio on (key in accessory position).

Cleatus

I'm having this issue on my 2010.

Anyone know the fix?

Cleatus

I found the answer.

I tried disconnecting the battery for a hour, with no luck, it didn't start working again until I disconnected and reconnected the 3 pin connector under the seat.

Geezerglider

I just had my 2013 at the dealer today for a similar problem. Mine would receive fine, but when I tried to key up to transmit it would give a "CB error" code on my screen. My problem turned out to be a faulty antenna.

Joep

Glad you found the problem and let us know.. many just drop out of contact...

flashgordon

[user=659]Geezerglider[/user] wrote:

I just had my 2013 at the dealer today for a similar problem. Mine would receive fine, but when I tried to key up to transmit it would give a "CB error" code on my screen. My problem turned out to be a faulty antenna.

Which CB gave you the error, OEM or another brand?

Geezerglider

[user=98]gbaccus[/user] wrote:

[user=659]Geezerglider[/user] wrote:

Which CB gave you the error, OEM or another brand?
Honda CB

hidepounder

IF you have any type of CB or Audio problems I would suggest you go to

www.wingconnect.com

The site is run by Larry Mauer and he offers several different levels of fixes and upgrades to the GW CB and radio problems all of which are cheeper that buying a new unit.

Randy

Pictureman

I just installed a Gold Wing CB. All of the controls seem to work fine and the TX appears when I hit the transmit trigger. The problem I have is the RX never appears and I hear nothing. I do get the noise when then squelch is turned down.  Channel doesn't matter.  I tried disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes plus and reconnecting.  Also disconnected/reconnected the power plug.  Any suggestions??

DaveO430

I assume you also installed an antenna? 

pwhoever

RX only shows up if you are hearing someone else on the cb. If there are no transmissions, the RX won't show. Because you hear static when turning down the squelch, it sounds like it is working the way it's supposed to.

If you know someone else with a cb, have them try transmitting and see if you can hear them and the RX should appear as well.

• Like 1

Marker

My battery drained after I left the ACC on.  After charging the battery, the CB would also only display RX and would continuously mute the audio.  TX would show when the transmit lever was depressed but I could get no reception nor actually transmit.  I disconnected the battery for about 10 minutes, but nothing changed after I reconnected it.   My riding buddy came over on his Wing and transmitted on his CB but we couldn't communicate.   I disconnected the battery again.   My buddy turned the key on while it was disconnected. After reconnecting everything worked normally.   He theorized there might have been some residual charge left in the electrical system and turning the key on had the effect of discharging that and resetting the CB. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,