Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
theliverkid

Glad to be home

10 posts in this topic Last Reply

theliverkid

Started out just running town to do some errands with a friend on his new "Rocker C" . At 97deg and in town riding got miserable quick. I said lets get up on the interstate and get some wind, well 12hrs later I'm home. I kept asking him if he wanted to turn around and he kept refusing but it was fun to watch him squirming trying to get comfy in my rear view. WE went from Liberty,Mo, up thru St.Joe into Kanssa than up to Falls City,NB Over to 75south dropped back into Kansas and wandered over to the Speedway for dinner. Left there and met up with some friends and cruised downtown KC before coming home. Now I'm enjoying cookies and milk and re-runs of the 3 stooges. Readyto go riding tommarow.:looking:

Larryd

I took a ride with wife to Bennet Springs Mo, 100F + , she was sweating and said no more riding for her until fall. This MO heat is bad.

AspectOne

LMAO some pics would be good... as fo heat????? 106 here NOW.

A1

Geezerglider
The only place you'll see me in this heat is surfing. (The internet that is) Afternoon I try not to even open the door. :twitch:

piccola

Not a Gold Wing owner, got a Silver Wing. Rode my Wing from CT to MI last month. It was a great trip except for the heat on the way home. Took me 4 days to ride home. Every day was above 95 degrees with humidity just about as high, the heat index was between 103 and 105 each day. I quit riding by 2:30 or 3 every day. Heat just too much. Rode 1,718 miles round trip.

Geezerglider

[user=3390]piccola[/user] wrote:

Not a Gold Wing owner, got a Silver Wing. Rode my Wing from CT to MI last month. It was a great trip except for the heat on the way home. Took me 4 days to ride home. Every day was above 95 degrees with humidity just about as high, the heat index was between 103 and 105 each day. I quit riding by 2:30 or 3 every day. Heat just too much. Rode 1,718 miles round trip.

We got down to 94 last Saturday. Gosh it felt good! :COOL:

piccola

You folks who live down there always get much hotter temps than we do up here, so you are much more used to hotter weather than we are. Temps in the 90's are unusual around here.

Since I learned to ride in my 60's, I always wear protective gear. (Learned the hard way. Took a flying leap in the MC class without much in the way of protective gear other than a helmet.) Riding in high heat and humidity, even in a summer riding jacket, is HOT.

Joep

Not true for geeze and myself.. TX normally has 16 days all summer over 100... we have had 59 days this summer over 100 and Saturday Dallas set a new record 107..... Tyler, TX now I am not sure about their days.. but it isn't any cooler for them..

Joep

On the way to MNG3... the roadway temp was 116... and we only made 75 or 80 miles that day.. I was hot in my mesh joe rocket.. my wife was miserable without any jacket....

Cactus_Jack

high temperature riding takes a few things to be able to survive it for very long one of them being wind flow. Which unfortunately for me the Wing had very little of.