Jump to content

Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

 

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

 

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker
     
  • Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
vtxcandyred

My new (to me) camper.

15 posts in this topic Last Reply

Recommended Posts

vtxcandyred

I rode about five hours to get to where the trailer was and picked it up for six hundred. With tolls and gas I'll say seven hundred. A cople of more hours and I would have been near Donna and Devans place. It was in Joliet IL. The tent camper material is in exellent condition. No tears or rips or bad spots. The add a room extension is about six by ten feet. I could put two bikes in there side by side with no problem. The add a room has a few spots from hot embers getting to it. I need to find something that I can cut small enough and has a sticky backing that I can put over the holes and stick it to itself via the hole. ANYONE????????? The extension does not have a floor but I just bought a six by ten plastic tarp to put on the ground thats how I know about how big the extension is. I am going to need another foam mattress to add to the one in the camper. Theres nothing wrong with the one in it but its a tad on the small side, thickness wise, for comfortable sleeping. I put a futon mattress on top of the foam one and it helped but I can't and am not dragging that heavy thing around. That would double the weight of the trailer. We slept in it for three days this past weekend while we had family, from Iowa, in town for a visit and some fishing and Cedar Point. I really feel we'll enjoy this. Its a Bunkhouse.836_131651_360000000.jpg

836_131536_060000004.jpg

836_131536_060000003.jpg

836_131536_060000002.jpg

836_131536_060000001.jpg

836_131536_060000000.jpg

836_131535_360000004.jpg

836_131535_360000003.jpg

836_131535_350000002.jpg

836_131535_350000001.jpg

836_131535_350000000.jpg

836_101844_290000002.jpg

836_101844_290000000.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspectOne

1.Canvas tent: small scissors, sewing awl, strong T-pins, leather sewing needles (also called glovers needles) these will help get through the heavy canvas even if multi layered, canvas repair patches or tape (sometimes called taffeta repair tape), seam sealer made for canvas, waxed thread or heavy-duty cotton thread, optional thimble and mini pair of needle nose pliers, see #4 for details, ‘Kiddy blow-up-swimming-pool’ repairpatches & adhesive

 

 

2.Nylon tent: small scissors, regular straight pins, sturdy sewing needle with large enough eye for use with waxed thread ‘rip stop’ nylon repair patches or tape, seam sealer made for nylon tent, (make sure you're using the right sealer; canvas sealer could damage a nylon tent) waxed thread, optional thimble, see #4 for details, ‘Kiddy blow-up- swimming pool’repair patches & adhesive

 

 

3.Screen tent: small scissors, regular straight pins, scrap nylon screening, waxed thread, darning needle (not thicker then the holes of the screening) optional thimble, (only if your screen tent has flooring see #4 for details ‘Kiddy blow-up- swimming pool’ repair patches & adhesive)

 

 

4.Tent flooring: Although mending doesn’t involve sewing I thought I would include it so that you’re prepared for all. Most tent floorings are made of fiber or fabric enforced ‘tarp-ing’. To mend it, you will need ‘Kiddy blow-up-pool’ repair patches & adhesive. To make the tent floor water tight again add patch from inside and out. Follow instructions of manufacturing company. Duct tape over the whole patch outside will give added protection.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
toledosei

looks pretty "roomy" :looking:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred

[user=1316]AspectOne[/user] wrote:

1.Canvas tent: small scissors, sewing awl, strong T-pins, leather sewing needles (also called glovers needles) these will help get through the heavy canvas even if multi layered, canvas repair patches or tape (sometimes called taffeta repair tape), seam sealer made for canvas, waxed thread or heavy-duty cotton thread, optional thimble and mini pair of needle nose pliers, see #4 for details, ‘Kiddy blow-up-swimming-pool’ repairpatches & adhesive

 

 

2.Nylon tent: small scissors, regular straight pins, sturdy sewing needle with large enough eye for use with waxed thread ‘rip stop’ nylon repair patches or tape, seam sealer made for nylon tent, (make sure you're using the right sealer; canvas sealer could damage a nylon tent) waxed thread, optional thimble, see #4 for details, ‘Kiddy blow-up- swimming pool’repair patches & adhesive

 

 

3.Screen tent: small scissors, regular straight pins, scrap nylon screening, waxed thread, darning needle (not thicker then the holes of the screening) optional thimble, (only if your screen tent has flooring see #4 for details ‘Kiddy blow-up- swimming pool’ repair patches & adhesive)

 

 

4.Tent flooring: Although mending doesn’t involve sewing I thought I would include it so that you’re prepared for all. Most tent floorings are made of fiber or fabric enforced ‘tarp-ing’. To mend it, you will need ‘Kiddy blow-up-pool’ repair patches & adhesive. To make the tent floor water tight again add patch from inside and out. Follow instructions of manufacturing company. Duct tape over the whole patch outside will give added protection.

Thanks for the info. The only part thats "tough" is the leather ends/pivot points and they are velcro'ed the rest is nylon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred

[user=1195]toledosei[/user] wrote:

looks pretty "roomy" :looking:

It is pretty roomy. The wife and I can sleep in it and have the pooch with us, (like we could ever go to bed without him) and theres a ton of room. Its the same size as our California King bed in the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred
The one thing I have done is to re-wire it. The previous owner used some twelve gauge house wiring and it did'nt look right. I pulled ALL the old out and started from scratch. The wires were run behind the lights and under the camper. I took the lenses off and popped holes through the light back plate and into the camper and rewired everything inside. I ran all the wire through pvc water pipe and attached it to the floor. All of the wires are protected. I drilled a hole through the front and ran the pvc through it up to the tongue. It is the five pin wiring and the bike was already set up for that. All the lights work good and are nice and bright and all the wires are hidden and any holes I put in are covered and filled with rtv sealant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Joep

Congrats and enjoy..... and let us know the patching results..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

Congrats and enjoy..... and let us know the patching results..

And so i shall!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AspectOne

Nice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred
Well, the wife and I used it over the fourth week-end before her surgery and it was great. It rained one night pretty good and we stayed dry. We didn't leave until Saturday and that was the hottest day/night. We hacked it out and made it through the night. The pooch went crazy because of all of the comotion in the park so we took him home Sunday night. We had a great time for the rest of the weekend. Set off fireworks and had a pretty good time. Between the dog, the camper, which we got a LOT of comments on and the bike just about everyone in the park stopped by. I believe we will enfoy the camper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
vtxcandyred

[user=836]vtxcandyred[/user] wrote:

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:
Congrats and enjoy..... and let us know the patching results..

And so i shall!!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fysty-1

Looks real good Dave. Glad that you & the mrs enjoyed. Angela:clap::clap::clap::egypt::egypt::egypt::COOL::cool::COOL:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
cmgowler

Just had a look at your photos, good purchase, well done! I'm very curious how it trailed behind your bike, especially at highway speeds? Also, may I ask how much it weighs?

 

CG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mort952

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yooperfan

I might have been doing some camping at the time, but if you had gone about 20 more miles on RT 80, you would have been in my town. Is the trailer going to be behind your bike at the MNG this summer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,