Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
cbx4evr

Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington

11 posts in this topic Last Reply

cbx4evr

Planning an trip, actually leaving Friday, to the NW USA and looking for suggestions on routes to take and things to see.

We have no real plans but are thinking Lewis & Clark Caverns and Lolo Pass are places we want to go. We have nearly two weeks to follow the highways. Let me know what I shouldn't miss.

Cactus_Jack

Ok Montana have toos since you want to swing to Lewis and Clark Caverns it will get you close enough for Beartooth pass http://www.mdt.mt.gov/travinfo/beartooth/

Since you are coming from Edmonton definitely do Going to the sun road http://home.nps.gov/applications/glac/roadstatus/roadstatus.cfm if it's open. The west side of Glacier National park is amazing.

By Glacier a little town called Whitefish will allow you to take US Hwy 93 North towards Eureka then take Montana Hwy 37 towards Libby great sweepers and wonderful views. at Libby grab US Hwy 2 west into Idaho and Spokane, Washington.

All of those would be some great things through Montana and Northern Idaho

cbx4evr

Thanks for the info. We did the Beartooth last summer on a trip to Yellowstone and the Black Hills. Absolutely loved it.

cbx4evr

We're back and had an awesome trip. Rode some great highways.

Cactus_Jack

Great!! Now where's that ride report with the pictures?

cbx4evr

Ya, ride report. You aren't the only one asking. I may get to it but it's not a priority right now.

Cactus_Jack

did you get to any of the suggestions I gave you?

cbx4evr

We did the Beartooth last summer.

Going To Sun Road was closed, and still is now, because there was still too much snow at the pass.

We went around the park to Hungry Horse and head south along the east side of Flathead Lake to Missoula. On the return trip we came back from Idaho over Thompson Pass and along the west side of Flathead Lake to Kalispell.

We actually honeymooned in Whitefish in Feb. of 1979 so it was nice to go back. Things have changed a bit. Hotel we stayed in on the lake is gone and replaced by upper scale condos. From Whitefish we headed north and back into Canada.

There you have a ride report for two of the days.

cbx4evr

Here's a couple of pictures:

This is somewhere in Montana:

100_2932.jpg

This is at the Lost Trail Pass between Montana and Idaho. At about 5000 feet and still 4' of snow on the ground.

100_2950.jpg

My favorite picture of the whole trip. Why not make it an even 100? I call this the Wayne Gretzky of highways.

99miles.jpg

Cactus_Jack

very nice thanks for sharing. Nice to see pictures from home every now and then.

AspectTwo

Wow! Really nice shots and now I understand about the reference to the BIG Montana Sky. Thanks much for sharing. When you get some time, please think about posting more in the past rides forum. Glad you had a great trip.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,