Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
mespock

Where do I want to go...

66 posts in this topic Last Reply

mespock

Well I spent all day yesterday watching what weather was going to develop to try to delay my trip.

Well ... all day long it looked like I was going to be able to squeeze through IA into NE and sneak into CO with no problems.

Then NE decided to put a nice T-Storm system in my way and now parked it in Iowa.

I'm sitting right now watching as it looks like it might blow through in time that I can slide in behind it and still put some miles on yet today.

Oh and being that this is Heather's first long trip I'm not going to start her out in a cold rain.

mespock

Well my worse fear is happening ... I was excited when my wife asked me to go on a trip out west.

Today she saw my trip. Oops!!! Oh well...

The comment was so we don't just go to one place and relax there?

I went umm no we drive around and see the the sites.

Oh.... then her comment was I don't think I'll find that relaxing... Oh.. was my comment...

So ..... thanks to the rain I'm in limbo right now... darn Fricken rain... had it not rained I think this would have gone over... now I have my fingers crossed...

Devans

Its clearing Mespock

WEATHER_radar_loop.gif

mespock

yes I know that... it's not the rain anymore but it's the distance for Heather. She informed me today that a hard ride for her is going From Boscobel to Galena and back about 120 miles round trip ... and then spending the day looking around ...

She noticed the 8 hour and 6 hour days and then saw that we would be riding every day of the trip even on the days that she thought we would have down time.

mikef

At least she looked now and not after you left. Sounds like you're in for a great time.

Devans

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

At least she looked now and not after you left. Sounds like you're in for a great time.

↑ What he said ...

So are you guys not going now? :baffled:

mespock

I'm not sure ... I'm sitting on my couch waiting for her to wake up....

I'm tempted send her by her daughters who are on vaction right now and then just hop the bike and take off on my ride...

Like I said when I started this thread months ago .. I was excited this was not in her nature to ask to go on a motorcycle trip. Especially one out West.

I'm thinking that she doesn't understand the distances out west. Things are not as close as the are here in the midwest.

Oh and I did explain about the biggest problem ... that area called the Great Plains ... what a great resource but darn why did it have to be so big...

I'm sitting here right now and I have mapped out a nice ride to go around the storms which again are sitting in my way in that dang state of Iowa... will you guys move the state oh and take Nebraska with you LOL ... I want Colorado to be closer.

But the sun is starting to peek out and maybe if she sees sun and I take my alt route around the rain ... and I tell her that we can stop whenever she says she's had enough. I'm thinking that by Waverly, IA well be coming back ... LOL...

mespock

I'm just frustrated ... was so excited to get back to the mountains on my wing. And then this .. ahhhh....

If it wasn't so dang cold for her ... I thought of even touring norther Wisconsin or doing a loop around Lake Michigan ... but temps are in the 50's only and she's not a happy camper in cold or what I feel is comfortable weather.

Like I said I'm just so frustrated ... bike is sitting in the garage packed and ready to fly ....

mespock

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

I think that if we would have headed out ... things would have been fine.

It's letting her have time to think about it. She thinks that it's going to be hard to do because people have talked to her. (No Motorcycle People) ... So she has this fear ...

Her image is that we will sit and ride without stopping for 4 or 5 hours at a shot. Kind of like being in a car.

I originally disucssed with her that we would do maybe 1 hour shots or if she was doing fine 100 mile shots.

She's never taken a long motorcycle trip like this .. We've done 3 hour rides but those were just putsing around the state.

DigbyODell

time for 1_4_85.gif

mespock

Did that last night ... Oh and mind you one of the image that Heather in her mind of this trip was a lot of Hotel time in the mountains ...

Which is also frustrating ... because time is running out on her vacation time and that means less Hotel time in the mountains...

mikef

[user=25]mespock[/user] wrote:

I'm just frustrated ... was so excited to get back to the mountains on my wing. And then this .. ahhhh....

If it wasn't so dang cold for her ... I thought of even touring norther Wisconsin or doing a loop around Lake Michigan ... but temps are in the 50's only and she's not a happy camper in cold or what I feel is comfortable weather.

Like I said I'm just so frustrated ... bike is sitting in the garage packed and ready to fly ....

Don't even think about coming through this area. I have been here about a month and it has rained almost everyday, and lucky to hit 50 degrees. Right now, it's 47 degrees and raining. I have never been caught in the rain so much, and I'm talking cold downpours.

Between the weather and the crappy road conditions here (potholes, cracks, unlevel mating surfaces, tar snakes - might as well be on gravel), I can only shake my head.

Rudy

NOW I know why you guys persist in living up there in the tundra. So you can Witch all the time.

First it was winter and all that snow, then the rain and the floods, then spring came and now this cold rain thing... what's next? Locusts?

And Mike, you think living in the western side of the Cascades is any better? :rofl:

Look fools... head south if you want to avoid all that. Sure, we don't get to make snowmen every winter like you do but Jebus, guys... we can live without the snowmen.

Get a forking climate band map and pick a place you can live with. :yes:

mikef

I'll respond to that, as soon as I pick myself up off the floor......:rofl: :smack:

mespock

Only problem Rudy is you guys get more rain than we do. Nice thing is your rain is warm.

The first place that I was heading is having snow right now.

Hey I'm just frustrated .... wanted to ride through the mountains.

But I might still squeeze a ride to the mountains this summer.

Rudy

[user=25]mespock[/user] wrote:

Only problem Rudy is you guys get more rain than we do. Nice thing is your rain is warm.

The first place that I was heading is having snow right now.

Hey I'm just frustrated .... wanted to ride through the mountains.

But I might still squeeze a ride to the mountains this summer.

If mama lets you. :whip::whip::whip: :rofl:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,