Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Lets see your Christmas trees

67 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

Ok everyone.... Christmas is offically in the air. It's time to get that tree put up and get the yard decorated.

And guess what ???..... We want to see your decorations :looking:

Donna and I got our tree up tonight. We decided to leave the old green tree in the box this year and went out and bought a new snow white tree at Menards. Then instead of the traditional white or muti-colored lights, we went with blue LED lights. Next we bought a couple spools of silver and blue snow flaked ribbon, silver and blue small and large bulbs, and silver and blue ribbons. The tree turned out really nice, but the blue LED's make it a real pain to get a good picture of it, They tend to turn the picture into a giant blue blob :yes:. I set the camera to the fireworks setting and set it on the tripod and finally got a fairly desent shot.

My son and I will work on the house decorations tomorrow. So I'll get shots of it and post them tomorrow evening. Sometimes I tend to go overboard outside, and I don;t see this year being any different. :rofl:

Here's our tree this year....

020.jpg

One year we actually had an all purple tree. Purple tinsel, purple lights, purple bulbs.... everything purple... wasn't my favorite tree...:doh:

OK, I showed you mine, now show me yours......

devansgirl

I liked the purple tree..... My idea by the way:yes:

Devans

What are you guys... a bunch of scrooges???? :baffled:

Get you pics posted....

I'll go get some of the yard... its not done yet.... well it was going to be, and then the neighbor started hauling all of his stuff out and putting it up, and Im not going to let him make my decorations look second best :rage: :disagree:.

Ive got a relay ordered, and when it comes, I will set up the computer operated lights that flash to the music played through the computer,,,,, :banana::banana: Then we'll see who's lights are second best :whip: He is messin with the wrong Clark Griswald....:rofl:

devansgirl

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

:whip: He is messin with the wrong Clark Griswald....:rofl:

:doh:

DigbyODell

If it was up to me the tree would go up on the 23 and taken down the 26 :blah:

Devans

Ebenezer "Digger" Scrooge is a cold-hearted, tight fisted, selfish man, who despises Christmas and all things which engender happiness... :whip:

I tried the scrooge approach one time.... but my kids and Donna let me know how wrong it was to ruin everyone elses Christmas spirit with a cold hearted attitude....:yes:

Just sayin :baffled:

DigbyODell

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

Ebenezer "Digger" Scrooge
is a cold-hearted, tight fisted, selfish man, who despises Christmas and all things which engender happiness... :whip:

I tried the scrooge approach one time.... but my kids and Donna let me know how wrong it was to ruin everyone elses Christmas spirit with a cold hearted attitude....:yes:

Just sayin :baffled:

Atheist... would be kind of hypocritical of me to celebrate the birth of someone/thing I do not believe in...don't ya think :CRAZY:

Devans

Yes it would be hypocritical of "you" to celebrate christmas.....but what about your son.... does he share your beliefs, and if so, what your saying is there are no christmas presents or tree on christmas morning :baffled: :CRY::cry:

Come on digger..... get a little christmas cheer.... if nothing else, for the presents... :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::banana:

DigbyODell

They still put up a tree and exchange gifts... I give gifts to them as well....

I will not force my beliefs on Lil Digger... When he is old enuff to decide, he can.

Devans

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

They still put up a tree and exchange gifts... I give gifts to them as well....

atta boy digger..... :banana::banana::banana: That makes me so happy Im almost tempted to send you a gift,,,,, but I dont know your address....:disagree:

devansgirl

[user=8]DigbyODell[/user] wrote:

If it was up to me the tree would go up on the 23 and taken down the 26 :blah:

This is not Burger King, Digger............. You CANT have it your way :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cheer up..... Be happy:yes:

Devans

probably not to that extreme this year... but wait until next year :banana:

Devans

Well... if everyone else is a scrooge, Ill post my own pics...:disagree:

008.jpg

010.jpg

mespock

I'll post soon just haven't had time.. LOL

Vegaswingnut

:running:Yep, I'm gettin my Clarke Griswald on this weekend! :running:

House looks good Dean! What did you do to get that white stuff on your lawn? Almost looks like snow!

Devans

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

:running:Yep, I'm gettin my Clarke Griswald on this weekend! :running:

House looks good Dean! What did you do to get that white stuff on your lawn? Almost looks like snow!

Its fake snow... we stood outside for a couple hours shaving ice cubes to give it that genuine look :rofl:

Actually I got a ton more stuff tonight, so we (my son and I) changed the yard again. we built a runway out of white chaser lights and sat santa and his plane on the runway.. I also built the LED lights and connected them to my radio with an outside speaker so the lights flash to the music that is being played. I also got a projector that is projecting hundreds of christmas bulbs down the side of the house.... and the list goes on....

Ill get updated pics tomorrow night.

Oh.... also...... I was trying to string lights in the trees,,,,,, I get my 20' extension ladder off of my truck and laid it against what I thought was a large branch. As I was at the top rung, leaning back, trying to get the lights higher... the branch broke. :doh: My ladder kicked sideways and about catapulted me off of it. One leg of the ladder was on the ground, the other was swaying about 12 inches in the air :rofl:. If that was enough of a position to be in, the tree decided to add injury to insult as I tried to climb down the swaying ladder. Half way down, a small little twig branch got caught on my coat. Seeings how I was moving slowly and didnt dare try to throw off my, or the ladders balance off, I decided to just keep moving and let the twig pop off my coat. Now.... keep in mind, it was 5 degrees without wind chill, so my nose was cold as a witches nipple. I took one more step down and that little twig let loose from my coat, swung around, and smacked me right on the bridge of my nose...... this is pretty much what I must have looked like when it struck :surprised:.

Then I thought everything was finally going good until I realised my glasses were missing off of my face. Donna found them laying in the yard.... one lense was popped out and the frames were as crooked as a new york attorney. I poppped the lense back in, gave the frames a good hard twist, and I can see again.:looking::yes:

Anyway, I got down safe, minus the nasal lashing but I did feel very Clark Griswald tonight....:rofl:

Vegaswingnut

So where was Donna with the video camera? You could have got another 10 g's on americas funniest home videos!

devansgirl

Love the tree Digger:banana:

devansgirl

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

So where was Donna with the video camera? You could have got another 10 g's on americas funniest home videos!

I was in the nice warm house:running:

Devans

Theres the spirit digger....:yes:

Vegaswingnut

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Vegaswingnut

Here's mine!

Vegaswingnut

I tried the shaving the ice thing so I to could have that snow effect, but the ice kept melting. I guess 65 is just too warm, sorry!:no: