Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,428 posts in this topic Last Reply

toomanyfumes

In the picture I posted you can see my new tires in the background, that's my next project. My front tire is wobbling bad at low speeds and doesn't feel too good in corners. It's got over 15K on it and hopefully won't get too many more.

Hodgy

Went for 125km ride, nice weather at +16c. Still lots of snow in the mountains.

custom shadow

I got my engine back in the frame today..........WOOHOO

Attached files 119747=3554-100_1662h.jpg

Hodgy

That looks nice custom.

yooperfan

I'll be taking it in for the new rear tire in a few minutes. I hope I can get the garage door open. I've been able to open it if I press the remote button and lift at the same time. The only problem is that my remote is still in my truck, which is at the bike shop. I can't hit the wall mounted button and then get to the door quick enough before it stops. It's time to get creative so I can get the wing out. Wish me luck.

knowbuddy

[user=2226]yooperfan[/user] wrote:

I'll be taking it in for the new rear tire in a few minutes. I hope I can get the garage door open. I've been able to open it if I press the remote button and lift at the same time. The only problem is that my remote is still in my truck, which is at the bike shop. I can't hit the wall mounted button and then get to the door quick enough before it stops. It's time to get creative so I can get the wing out. Wish me luck.

RUN Yooper RUN..!!! :funny:

knowbuddy

[user=479]toomanyfumes[/user] wrote:

In the picture I posted you can see my new tires in the background, that's my next project. My front tire is wobbling bad at low speeds and doesn't feel too good in corners. It's got over 15K on it and hopefully won't get too many more.

The front tire: can you SEE the air in it.? :evil: Just asking...

Wingunner

I RE-learned I am not a multitasker......:whip::whip:

I had the rifling machine cutting a set of Rigby 470 NE barrels, which requires some attention, but is a dull afternoon if that is all you have going...like watching paint dry. OK....I'll get my new Metzler mounted up on the rear wheel. Nooo problem. Got the wheel cleaned up, changed the valve stem and away I go.

Things are going well, I had the project sitting in the sun so the tire wasn't fighting me at all..this is going to be great:dance:

Well, I'm in and out checking on the rifler, and as usual I don't drop my tools where they are being used, no...I tend to drag them around with me and set them down someplace totally unrelated to the task at hand....so when I came up short one of my three tire irons I figured it to be in the rebore shop, but since things were going soooo good in the tire shop I thought I would give it a go with the two remaining. As I mentioned, things were going well and the Metz was in a cooperative mood and - BAM - it went right on!!:clap::clap:

Wellll....when I stand the tire up to air up and seat the bead, gues what I hear sliding around inside...??!! Yup, there's that third tire iron...:whip::rage::whip:

Back to the drawing board:no:

knowbuddy

[user=1839]Wingunner[/user] wrote:

I RE-learned I am not a multitasker......:whip::whip:

I had the rifling machine cutting a set of Rigby 470 NE barrels, which requires some attention, but is a dull afternoon if that is all you have going...like watching paint dry. OK....I'll get my new Metzler mounted up on the rear wheel. Nooo problem. Got the wheel cleaned up, changed the valve stem and away I go.

Things are going well, I had the project sitting in the sun so the tire wasn't fighting me at all..this is going to be great:dance:

Well, I'm in and out checking on the rifler, and as usual I don't drop my tools where they are being used, no...I tend to drag them around with me and set them down someplace totally unrelated to the task at hand....so when I came up short one of my three tire irons I figured it to be in the rebore shop, but since things were going soooo good in the tire shop I thought I would give it a go with the two remaining. As I mentioned, things were going well and the Metz was in a cooperative mood and - BAM - it went right on!!:clap::clap:

Wellll....when I stand the tire up to air up and seat the bead, gues what I hear sliding around inside...??!! Yup, there's that third tire iron...:whip::rage::whip:

Back to the drawing board:no: get those gremlins out of there.!!

:funny::funny::funny:

plskthompson

Finally finished reassembling it after paint. Still have a few things to button up, but at least I can ride now even without that being done.:banana::banana:

Joep

Hey Custom... you gonna kep that nekkid? Really be a shame to cover all that beautiful work up.. either ...in the words of the famous mountain man..."whoooo doggie!!"

yooperfan

[user=2934]knowbuddy[/user] wrote:

RUN Yooper RUN..!!! :funny:

Oh , I did. My 0-10 feet time still wasn't quick enough. I even tried pressing the button with the end of a broom handle so I could be closer to the door, with no luck.

I finally gave up on trying to use the door opener to help lift the door. I unhooked it and just lifted the 200+ # door. Where there's a will, there's a way.

I now have a new rear 404 to match the front.

plskthompson

Laid it down, scuffed the new paint.

Bamaeagle

[user=1136]plskthompson[/user] wrote:

Laid it down, scuffed the new paint.

:surprised::surprised::surprised:

Glad you are ok though !!!!

Joep

Ouch.. elbows gonna be sore again.... from the sanding prep... let alone the tip over...

yooperfan

I rode it to work yesterday and back home today.

Joep

I rode in to work and back home rested and took Mrs.J to arbys.. for market sandwiches.. I had Reuben and she had turky with bacon..

plskthompson

Put the fairing trim back on and started plans to fab a trailer hitch.

yooperfan

I rode the wing to pick up my son after his first jr high school dance. His smile was big from the dance, but it got bigger when he saw that I had the wing. He got to look cool in front of his friends and asked if we could go for a little extra ride before going home.

AspectOne

Did final assembly, test rode a few miles.... still filthy after working on it for a week and a half but bike is in ONE piece again and running smoothly..... wil post a ride report after tomorrow run.

BTW I had Ruebens too..... a few of em.... LOL :eyeroll:

A1

gold1329

Off to work,

Joep

Went to the VA Friday or rather tried to go... got about 1/2 way there and the pressure light came on, fuel dropped 1/4 tank on gauge, started to run funky, and popped a sputtered even after slowing down... stopped to put some air in and it was a no go.. stopped at micky d's and then walmart and the bike ran fine al the way home...go figure.. no light, no bad running, made speed okay.. it could be electrical.. had to tweek the + connector on the battery.. and it was fine after that..

Joep

The rear shocks do need changing.. have a spare pair got from ;ohnny .. need to fill them and install..

yooperfan

Yesterday, MrsY and I took a ride to get a little bite to eat before taking the kids out to eat supper. We decided to WING-IT on the way home by taking a bunch of back roads that mostly headed in the right direction. Total ride was about 60 miles, 20 there and 40 back.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,