plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,535 posts in this topic Last Reply

Indianawantsme

Yooperfan

I had the ECM flashed a few years ago.  

We were stuck overseas for over 2 months this year is why i siphoned old gas out.  I needed some for mower anyhow. 

Iridiums don't need to be checked for a long time. I had 35k miles on these and didn't really have to change yet.  I just wanted to try colder range since my timing has been advanced a lot and I have to use  89 octane or it pings badly. 

I just want to see if I can use 87 octane again if i have colder plugs. Experimenting just for the heck of it.

If i lived at 2000ft elevation or higher I could use 87 octane. 

BEAUTIFUL day and I got my wife to ride today.  We did a lot of slow backroads and still got 75 miles. 

Never fails if I find a nice backroad it will turn to rock right before it gets to a main road.  I turn around.  1 mile or more of rock is no fun on this bike.  

Mountain Rider

We had a great weekend!  A group of us rode over Strawberry Pass to Montpelier, then on to Soda Springs for the Tin Cup ride.  Soda Springs to Alpine, Wyoming, then back to Idaho Falls.  Around 387 miles, then home to pick up our trailer and camp gear.  Off we went to Heise Hot Springs and camping for the night with our daughter and her family.  Sunday, our SIL rented a couple side by sides in Island Park, so we spent the day drifting around the trails, then finishing up with dinner at Ponds Lodge.  528 miles for an awesome weekend.  :D

• Like 1

yooperfan

I may have under done it today with my wing.  I put gas in it so i'll be ready to ride tomorrow.  That's it, just gas, no miles.

• Like 1

yooperfan

It's been a great riding weekend, but other things got in the way, so the wing has stayed parked, until today.  I finally got MrsY out for a short trip of 30 miles.

Later, Miss-Y came home for 1 or 2 days, so I took her on the same 30 mile trip.  We found a couple of carnival food vendor trailers parked in a gas station parking lot, so we stopped for a couple of treats.

yooperfan

Miss-Y rode with me to Peru to pick up a couple pizzas to take home.  We took the long way home and stopped to see my mom too.  She stayed in town longer just so we could go for rides, so I'm making it happen.  She even wants me to take her home to Michigan on the wing which would be a 4 hour ride.  I'm not sure my tail bone is up to it though.  I still have 2 or 3 days to decide.  Total ride for today was 100 miles.

yooperfan

I've been busy and forgot day 3 with miss-Y.  Tuesday, we rode north west to a park/campground.  We got there in time to eat before they closed and then rode through the campground to check it out for a future camping trip.  Total ride was 125 miles.

She wanted me to take her home to Michigan on the wing on Wednesday, almost 300 miles of interstate each way, but MrsY and my butt were both against it.  We took her home in the truck instead and my butt still was happy.

yooperfan

On the way home from work monday morning, I felt a vibration in the handlebars, so I took things slow and easy.  I found a bubble in the tread after I got home.  I was satisfied with the life of the BT45.  I rode it about 24K instead of 14K out of a regular front tire, so I did some shopping and found the same tire on the same website as I have been running for the last 3 years, the BT45 from Dennis Kirk.  It cost $112 three years ago, now they sell it for $190.  Needless to say, I kept looking and found it at Chaparral Motorsports for $109.  It was delivered friday, so I removed the wheel and called the local m/c repair shop in town that replaced my last set of tires.  Nobody answered friday or saturday.  I'll try again monday and if that doesn't work, I'll call another shop I used before in Coal City.  We leave on vacation tuesday in the cage, so I won't b missing any ride time, but the wing is currently parked where the car goes in the garage.  I don't want the car to have to sit outside all week while we are gone but if it does, it does.  

tamathumper

Yeah, I noticed some seriously high prices at Dennis Kirk lately on tires, so I ended up getting a new rear Elite 4 at CycleMax.com.  Had it shipped to the closest store and installed while I waited. 

yooperfan

I didn't know that I forgot the tire update, so here goes.

My local shop still didn't answer on monday, so I called my plan B and got the tire mounted for $40, plus a little DQ from across the road.  I got home and installed the wheel and went for a 5 mile test ride.  We left on a cage trip tuesday night, so the wing sat parked.

Two days ago, on friday, I finally decided it was time to ride again.  MrsY rode with me to lake Geneva for lunch.  We ran into one lane construction with freshly ground pavement which wasn't fun, so after lunch, we rode across the north side of the lake to Williams Bay and the headed far enough south to avoid the construction before going back to the east towards home.   It was a little breezy  and the temp only changed from 81*-82*.   Total for the day was 220 miles.  

tamathumper

I installed a new camera mount on the left handlebar, but I don't think I'll like it - test coming soon.  And I put on my new-to-me National Cycle mirror wings.