What did you do to your wing today?

3,460 posts in this topic Last Reply

Triwing

Even better than a nap, nice work.

Mountain Rider

Black Beauty has a new set of brakes on the front!  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Another 300 miles on the clock!  Leslie and I took a little ride up to Yellowstone.  Fooled around in West Yellowstone, bought Les some new ear rings, a couple new shot glasses, and had some lunch, before heading into the Park.  We headed toward Norris Basin, past Gibbon Falls and the Artist Paint Pots.  Beautiful weather and traffic wasn't bad until we headed back.  A few miles past Madison Campground we ran into a traffic jam, all because a Bison was along side the road.....major photo op.  I think some of these folks were thinking major motion picture considering how long it took to get by it.  

Indianawantsme

Mountain  Rider.... what was the temps in Yellowstone now?

Curious to what temps would be  around Sept. 7-21.   Probably any later than that is not wise. 

We would like to go there in a couple of years in Sept. sometime after Labor Day after school is back in session and hopefully less traffic. 

Mountain Rider

Depending on how the weather goes, normally anywhere from the mid 60's to lower 80's, although it's not unheard of to see snow.  The upside is the animals are generally out a lot more with the cooler weather.  Generally most tourist things around the park start closing down after Labor Day.

yooperfan

I took full advantage of the great riding weather today.  I met my co-worker and one of her co-workers from a previous job in Marseilles.  From there, we rode to Ottawa to pick up another co-worker that was my passenger for the day and we rode to Leonore for lunch.  After eating, we headed to Tonica and Ogelsby before stopping in Utica for sodas.  My co-worker split off in Ottawa to head home and the rest of us headed to Wedron to drop off my passenger.  The other rider also lives there.  My passenger liked riding on the Cadillac of motorcycles and looks forward to more rides in the future.  

After I got back home, I found out lil-Y forgot to take his lunch to work and asked me to bring it to him.  Who am I to turn down a reason to ride, even if it was only 5 miles round trip?

Total for the day was 130 miles in 6 hours.

Mountain Rider

Yesterday was a hot beautiful day, so Leslie and I took a ride to Twin Falls.  There is a truck stop there where she bought a shot glass last year.  She wanted to add a few more just like it to her collection, but couldn't find any in our area, so she wanted to check back there.  Sure enough, there were two more, so she grabbed them.  Had a nice lunch and headed back home hoping to beat the afternoon thunder storms that were predicted.  It was a great ride, and we managed to watch the storms develop behind us all the way home.  About 320 miles round trip, give or take.  Oh, by the way, cool vest are awesome in hot weather.  We wore them under our regular riding jackets with the cuffs loose and the back vents open.  With temps around 92, there were times we almost felt cold. They're a great $35 investment if you live where it's hot.  

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Took a ride with a group of friends yesterday from Idaho Falls to Harrison Mountain, near the Pomerelle ski area here in Idaho.  What a gorgeous ride, and the view from the fire watch tower is rather spectacular as well.  Chock another 376 miles on the clock. :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Lucky number seven!  With the odometer setting on 77,777, I started prepping Black Beauty for our late August trip.  An oil change with Rotella T6 5W40, new Wix filter, new Lucas Hypoid oil in the final drive, and a fine new set of spark plugs.  The timing for the plugs could have not been better.  Checked the gaps, and had one plug close at .048, everything else measured between .050 and .063.  Considering they should be between .039 and .043, I'm thinking they've overstayed their welcome.  I may change the coolant as well, but she runs just below center on the temp gauge no matter the traffic or outside temp.  Kinda one of those "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" kinda things.  Took her out for a quick test ride, and she purrs like a kitten, engine is quiet, shifts are smooth, and the rear end is quiet with no whine to be found.  Checked the tires while I was under there.  The Pirelli P1 RF measured out at 6/32" across the tread, while the front 709 shows 5/32" and no cupping, while running them at 35 PSI and 38 PSI respectively.  She's a champ!  :SmileyTooth:

m2102

Took a ride to moonshine Illinois with Ghost Rider2 and another friend. We got there about 11 and it was packed. Their was also a few hot rods and muscle cars from a car show. I fueled  up before I left Pontiac made the 351 mile trip on my main tank and turned aux on at 210 miles. Best mileage i ever got on my trike. It was a good day. Now I can go in for right hip replacement week from Monday with a nice ride under my belt.

• Like 2

yooperfan

Yesterday, I rode to Joliet to buy a new roof vent for my camper.  I had to wear my helmet home to make room for it in the center trunk.  Total ride was 55 miles.

Today, I rode to Marseilles to meet my co-worker.  From there, we rode to Braidwood for a quick bite to eat before heading to Indiana.  She figured out that her ex-neighbor lived nearby, so we rode there to visit with him before heading home.  The temp was a consistant 75-79* for a total of 225 miles.  It doesn't get much better than that.

Mountain Rider

Leslie and packed up yesterday and took a little ride up to Yellowstone.  Spent the night in a KOA cabin and enjoyed a fire in the fire pit while having a beer with some new acquaintances.   Met Lee who rode in from Cody and bunked in the cabin next door.  He was about worn out, but lit up when Les told him he looked like he needed a beer and offered him one.  Made his day!  Great guy and has an opinion about everything.  We got along well.  Then another couple walked up looking at Black Beauty.  He is the new President of the Montana POW/MIA chapter out of Helena, MT.  They just did their Honor ride from Helena to West Yellowstone.  Lane and Penny were amazing folks, showed us some cool stuff on their trailer, and invited us to keep in touch and join them for next years ride.  Overall, an amazing trip and absolutely awesome people!  There's another 325 miles in the books.  After the oil and new plugs, the bike purr's like a kitten.  Leslie even commented it seemed  smoother and quieter, plus, even bucking the wind we saw 45MPG.  I think we're about ready to start next weeks trip around the Northwest.  :thumbs-up:

Mountain Rider

Relocated the phone mount to the handle bars and thanks to Fred's DVD's, I got the cruise control adjusted as well.  Huge difference, no more waiting 10 seconds for the cruise to kick in.  I'll check the brakes one more time, then do a good fluff and buff before packing the bags for our trip.  Saturday we're on the road for two weeks of fun and adventure.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

terryj
(edited)

Dave, I will not be able to met up with you at Crater Lake, the doctor has grounded me from riding after my stint in the hospital, he said that after the blood clot is gone then I can resume riding. I have no idea just how long that is going to be. Teresa and I were looking forward to meeting you, maybe next time. We are planning a ride through Idaho next summer, we can look you up then. 

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mountain Rider

Terry, you just get better, I'd rather bring you a beer than flowers.  Who knows, you might just see us pull up the driveway.  :SmileyTooth:  Where ever you're at, it can't be that far out of the way.  

If you guys get over this way, let us know when and where, we'll be there.  We've been doing these trips the end of August, but next year Leslie is wanting to go a bit earlier, so maybe July or early August.  Of course by then, she may go ahead and retire.  Then it's when we feel like it.  Follow the Docs orders and we'll see you.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Jluvs2dive, We plan on visiting relatives in the Port Orchard area and going to Packwood over the Holiday weekend.  Maybe we can give you a wave while we're close.  :thumbs-up:  Then there's oldmopars in Selah, we'll be there the 28th and 29th.  Hope we get to see you on the road.  

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

Looked at front tire and is almost to wearbars. Maybe another 1k left.    

Aug. and Sept. are booked up with family reunions and birthday parties,etc..

Looks like if we want to go anywhere like Niagra Falls or somewhere on Wing, it will be early part of October and hope weather is good yet for going north. 

We'll see when the time comes or we will have to head a little south to somewhere anywhere.    

• Like 1

Jluvs2dive
6 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

Jluvs2dive, We plan on visiting relatives in the Port Orchard area and going to Packwood over the Holiday weekend.  Maybe we can give you a wave while we're close.  :thumbs-up:  Then there's 

Excellent Dave! I'm taking the Friday before the holiday weekend off also, so I should have time any day but Sunday and possibly some time that Sunday afternoon as well. I'm PM'ing you my contact info.

John

• Like 1

yooperfan

Yesterday, MrsY and I rode in town to run some errands and then planned to take a long ride that included lunch somewhere, but something came up that made us alter our plans.  We ate in town and took a short cruise to Seneca and back home for a ride of 30 miles.

After I dropped her off at home, I headed to Ottawa to do some shopping and to see my mom before heading back home, ok, maybe not straight home.  The second ride ended after 110 miles, making for a total of 140 miles for the day.

Jluvs2dive

Met up with Mountain Rider Dave and his lovely bride Leslie today up on the top of Chinook Pass. It was a bit foggy and got a bit more so while we were up there and we rode down out of it and then up to Sunrise on Mt. Rainier.  The mountain peaked out for a few minutes, didn't get any pictures of that today, but I did manage to get one selfie of the three of us before we parted ways. It was great to finally meet up with you guys! Have a wonderful rest of your trip!

Mountain Rider, Leslie and Jluvs2dive 08-30-2019.JPG

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

John, we had a great time.  Thank Greg for us as well, he's a hoot. We got home ok and pulled into the shop. Bearings were loose, so I snugged them up and got her all back together. Test ride showed a world of difference, I can actually turn around in a parking lot and not have the bars just flop. Thanks  again. 

• Like 1

terryj

Dave, we live about 60 miles southwest of Crater Lake, in Medford, if your coming this way we'll throw a few steaks on the grill. 

• Like 1

Mountain Rider
6 hours ago, terryj said:

Dave, we live about 60 miles southwest of Crater Lake, in Medford, if your coming this way we'll throw a few steaks on the grill. 

Fire up the grill!!!  I told Leslie and she said that's where we're going. Bend tomorrow, Crater Lake and steaks Wednesday, heading home Thursday. :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

terryj

Dave, we'll be waiting for you and Leslie, my address is 1517 Whitman Ave., Medford. Just plug the address into your GPS and well see you two when you get here. 

Mountain Rider

Day 11, We're in Bend. Traveled from Yakima to Bend, Oregon. Not bad, but windy. Spending the night at Motel 6, and enjoying dinner at the Black Bear Diner. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1