plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,456 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

After getting home sunday from a weekend camping trip to Starved Rock, I couldn't pass up the great riding weather.  MrsY and I went for a ride to nowhere, one county road after another.  This is the time of year that they are the safest, since the corn doesn't block my view at intersections.  We found a well hidden indoor water park in a small town not far from home.  Who knew?  The ride ended after 80 miles.

RogueWing936

yooperfan

Yesterday, I met my co-worker and we rode the scenic route to Lous La Grotto in Peru for pizza.  After eating, we continued riding west a little farther before heading back to Ottawa, where we parted ways.  I stopped to see my mom and at farm and fleet for some shopping before heading home.  Total for the day was a warm and very windy 125 miles.

yooperfan

Monday, MrsY and I rode to town to take care of some business.  While sitting in the office, I looked out the window and saw that it was raining heavily.  By the time we left a few minutes later, it had dwindled to a light sprinkle, just enough to make it a damp ride home.  I was going to ride to Ottawa after dinner, but the recliner seemed much more inviting.  Total ride for the day was a wet 3 miles.

Indianawantsme

We stayed at the Super 8 in Ottawa last week(Sunday 16th) on the way to NASIR 12... Ate at the China Inn Buffet for supper.

It was worth the extra distance off I-39 and back on.

yooperfan
On 6/26/2019 at 10:59 AM, Indianawantsme said:

We stayed at the Super 8 in Ottawa last week(Sunday 16th) on the way to NASIR 12... Ate at the China Inn Buffet for supper.

It was worth the extra distance off I-39 and back on.

You were in my old stomping grounds.  I grew up in Ottawa and still go there to see my mom and other family and friends.  I'm only about 20 miles away now.

yooperfan

Yesterday, I rode to Elburn to meet with Corky for lunch.  After a long lunch, we rode a little way down the street to a meat market (I think I'll be going back someday), before going our seperate ways home.  I took a little detour for a different way home.  that ride ended after 95 miles.

later last night, MrsY and I rode to the fair grounds to watch the fireworks.  Going straight home would have been a nightmare, so we took the long way home.  That ride ended after 15 miles.

Tonight, I rode to Mazon to watch more fireworks.  Taking the wing makes it easy to get around in the neighborhood with all the parked cars and I can park anywhere.  Leaving was even easier, unlike last night.  Total ride was 25 miles.

brianinpa

I didn't do it today, but rather recently and couldn't  mention it until now... I took my 84 Standard to the Darkside... TWICE!  I've had the car tire on the back for quite some time, but this past weekend I put a 130/90-60 Shinko 777 rear tire on the front.

• Like 1

Steed

Are you still running that "Plugged" tire from the Blue Ridge Meet on your other Wing ???      :SMILE:

brianinpa
3 hours ago, Steed said:

Are you still running that "Plugged" tire from the Blue Ridge Meet on your other Wing ???      :SMILE:

No...  on the trip home I found another hole that needed plugged so I plugged it and made it home.  I must have found the only three nails in Willevilles driveway!  Soon after I got home,  I moved the car tire from my 87 to the 84.  I have the 87 torn apart and cleaning it up.  The bike I had at the Blue Ridge Meet is what I now have double darksided. 

Mountain Rider

I finally got the Sirius/XM dock replaced on Black Beauty.  Several weeks ago I attended the Idaho GWRRA District rally, and to say it poured rain would be an understatement.  The Sirius dock didn't fair to well, so no music on the ride home.  Now that I have the dock replaced, I'll have to figure out a way to protect the whole affair from the weather just a little better.  Been sick with Bronchitis and a little case of vertigo, but finally felt well enough to ride last weekend.  Found a wonderful loop from Idaho into Wyoming and back.  Aside from the wind, it was a great ride, although a bit long for a day ride.  Leslie wants to ride it, but says we'll have to break it up into two days, 580 miles being a bit more than she's willing to do right now.  Was all ready for this weekend.  We had a BBQ with our GWRRA chapter on the 4th, and were going to ride to Jackson for lunch and some sight seeing today, but popped my shoulder fighting a tent on the 4th, so decided to let that heal a bit more.  We're doing a ride to Monte Cristo, Utah next weekend, so I want to be ready.   

RogueWing936

Video covering the installation of Add on's Sentinel - 
https://youtu.be/ZeyO37os3ew

Ghost Rider 2

Dave I went to ebay bought a waterproof phone / gps mounting box.  It is zippered box they come in different sizes I bought the larger of sizes. They come with foam to fill the box to size of you radio..  I have been using them for years never a problem.

• Thanks 1

Mountain Rider

Thanks, Jerry

I've been looking at those, but didn't think the mount would match up since I use a RAM mount.  Can the mount be changed?

Ghost Rider 2

The ones I bought off ebay had a mount for a bicycle handle bar.  It had 4 screws  from inside.  I removed it took a universal ram mount  laid it on back marked it and drilled the holes for #10 bolts.  I have made  several of them, works good for me.  These boxes are  under $10.

Mountain Rider

Awesome, that's just what I need.  Thanks a ton.

Easy Rider

So I am having a bad day and just when I was wondering what else could go wrong;

While maneuvering slowly I turned too sharply and dropped the front wheel into a hole which caused me to drop my Wing for the first time.

Of course I did it right in front of my house with my neighbor watching. He did help me pick the bike up, which helped a lot.

My left foot hurts a little from the bike's weight landing on it, but not as much as my ego!

Just thought you guys might feel a little better if you think your day isn't the best!

BTW: Used the helmet, jacket, and heavy leather shoes, first time I ever hit my head but the full face helmet worked so well I didn't even know it!

Mountain Rider

Steven, believe me you have no reason to be embarrassed, you've got a lot of company here.  It happens, not a matter of if, just when.  Hope you have a better day, ride safe.  

OnaWingandaPrayer

BTDT  more than once :(  .   I hope your foot is better soon and the pride heels along with it.

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

Changed engine oil and rear drive fluid in the Wing on Saturday.  Haven't been able to drive it yet.  Probably tomorrow.

Had synthetic in the engine with 6k on the oil.  Since no major trips scheduled it has Mobil Delvac 15w40 dino oil now.   Local Rural King keeps putting it on sale for $7 gal. after rebate and the '12 Wing seems to like it better than the Delo the 88 "LOVED".

I always put in Supertech syn.  75w140 gear oil in 88 Wing so it goes in this one also for rear drive.

We had our annual mud volleyball tourney(since 1992) at the Community Center right by my house on Sunday.  I help run the tourney and also play. Definitely the oldest player there every year.       65yrs old and felt every bit of it after being in the sun all day playing, keeping scores of games and cleaning up mess. The kids feel bad because they are up half the night before  and partying and don't get much sleep.   

Is really a lot of trouble but the kids on the 25-32 teams that play look forward to coming to Schnellville and getting muddy every summer.

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Went on a wonderful ride with some of our GWRRA group to Grand Targhee ski area.  During the Summer they have a lift that takes people and their mountain bikes up the mountain so they can ride the trails down.  It's a beautiful area and the ride is magnificent.  From there we went over Teton Pass into Jackson Hole for lunch at Bubba's BBQ.  The twisty turns of the pass were awesome, at least for us.  The car in front of us had his brakes on all the way down, and you could tell from the smell they were hot.  Lunch was great!  The pulled pork was wonderful and the fries were crisp and tasty.  It was kinda funny, they have a parking space reserved for Veterans, and there were three of us parked in it.  The return trip was through the Hoback to Alpine, Wyoming, then along Palisades reservoir, and back to Idaho Falls.  Another 245 worry free miles on the clock.  Leslie had to work yesterday, so we're going to do it again today just for her.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

brianinpa

Installed a Vetter trunk on my 84 Standard so I have a little more dry, lockable storage for my upcoming trip to Nova Scotia.

Guest Triwing

Always a plus, as well as a back rest for passenger.

Have seen somewhere, trunk modified enough, to be adjusted for drivers backrest.

Triwing

Forgot to sign in a few min's ago.

yooperfan

Monday, I met up with my co-worker and we rode to Utica for lunch.  After that, we rode north east to see another co-worker that has been off shift for a couple of months before heading home.  The day ended 95 miles later.

Yesterday, I rode to work, which isn't new, but then I got to ride to another site to shoot at their range and then back to work to finish my night before heading home this morning.  I was on the clock for 1 1/2 hours of ride time, plus got paid about $30 for mileage.  Riding back to work in the dark wass a bit nerve wracking due to the animals  I was lucky enough to not hit a raccoon and a fox that crossed the road in front of me.  Needless to say, that was one of my best days at work for a few reasons.  My day ended after 110 miles.