Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,429 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan
On 12/30/2018 at 5:29 AM, Ghost Rider 2 said:

David go online try to find 6 point wrench 17mm if I remember correctly. .  I bought a Craftsman years ago.  It works great.

I'll start by looking in the garage.  With 3 generations of tools, I might have what I need.  Since I have already filed it down some, a 16mm or 5/8" is already too loose.  Next time I look at it, I plan to file it flatter and try a 15mm or 9/16", and then a tool that's older than I am, if the wrenches don't work.  I hope that works because I don't want to go to plan C, and really don't want to go to plan D.

m2102

If you can get a pair of vise grips on it mite work. I’ll look to see if I have one laying around.

yooperfan

I clamped the vise grips as tight as I could, with no luck.  If filing the sides flat and using a smaller wrench doesn't work, I will try to make a notch in the edge that I can catch with a chisel and help it along with a hammer.  That was a last resort for trying to remove an oil filter decades ago.  The shell crushed inside the filter wrench, so the only thing left was the base plate.  The filter had been on the car (not my car) for way too long and was stuck pretty tight.  

Ghost Rider 2

Make sure when u install new one, lube the oring.  And find yourself that 6 point wrench.   As far as getting old one off now.  It much tougher but if you use a dull chisel and on the rim of the cap  if can be removed.

Indianawantsme

This weather is ridiculous. lol       

I rode to do some errands in town yesterday.  I think it got up to 55F.  Today i rode about 50 miles on slow backroads and Wing said 61F.  

Problem is the rain is coming again and i can barely get the heavy Wing through the yard now.  I have a path of gravel that is still mushy from all the rain we have been getting.  Car tire keeps pushing through.  One of the benefits i like.   M/C tire wouldn't have made it nearly as easy.

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

Burned a pile of limbs today. Roasted some smoked grillers. Went for a ride to cash check at bank 10 miles away and about 40 miles @ 36-37F later made it home before the big snow later tonight.    Was actually nice today since  there was very little wind.  People really stared at me funny.  Lol.   

brianinpa

Looked at it... I screwed up my Achilles’ tendon so right now my foot is in boot, so no motorcycle riding for me right now.  Thankfully, it looks like snow is in the forecast so that will take away the urge.

RogueWing936

Paid my registration fee so the State will let me keep riding... 

Mountain Rider

The new amber front mirror turn lights arrived.  Next project begins.   

Indianawantsme

57F yesterday and barely got the Wing out and back in on my rock path on soggy yard.  Sunny and nice 40 mile ride.  

65F today and yard was even softer.  Got the CB750 out instead for a 35 mile ride.  

Beautiful weather the last 2 days but couldn't get out sooner for longer rides.  

Still helped the winter blues. 

Back to rain tomorrow. 

RogueWing936

Our latest riding video is what we did.. 

• Like 1

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Finally, after working on everybody else's stuff, I got the new Progressive springs installed in my front forks.  Now that the springs are in and everything is happy there, tomorrow I'll get the new front brake pads installed and start taking the shelter apart.  I still have to get all the grounds cleaned up and secured, as well as replacing the rear spring and preload hose.  Hopefully by next weekend I'll be putting everything back together minus installing the front wheel.  I still have to replace the front tire, so no sense installing the wheel until that's all done.  Also got the Ram mount for my GPS today and the sunshade for it should be here tomorrow.

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • Like 1

RogueWing936

Took my wifes Trike to the shop for fork seals, class III leak.... Fixed for free.. Thanks to H& H motorsports in Onalaska Texas.

• Like 1
  • Yay 1

Mountain Rider

Nothing like good customer service.  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

I finally got the new headsets installed in our helmets.  I sent the old sets with the Aspy as they came with it when I bought it.  I looked into several brands and BT options, but in the end, I found a great deal on a couple new Hondaline sets.  They installed easily, the sound quality is good, and should serve us well until we find something better.  I should have the front end completed and back together tomorrow.

• Like 1

RogueWing936

Righ after shooting this, we went to pick up the wifes Trike being chased by a major rain front with very cold temps.... 

RogueWing936

Bad weather, bored at work equals me killing time making a video...lol

RogueWing936

This has been an ongoing fight with Garmin and Google my maps to try to get them to work together all I want to be able to do is plan a route with turn by turn directions, and have my GPS play that route. Since having all this trouble with these 2 applications I've searched for other route planning apps and there are plenty of apps that will plan a route but none that will give you turn by turn directions that will play on a Garmin. The video..

RogueWing936

Cold ride to Cleveland Texas.. 

• Like 1

RogueWing936

Sunday's Video...

Mountain Rider

I've been waiting to put the front back together until I get the new front tire mounted.  Ordered up a Bridgestone 709 this evening, should be mounting it Saturday or Monday.  Tomorrow the new amber turn lights get installed and I start removing the shelter.

• Like 1

yooperfan

I saw my wing tucked in the garage today, behind the camper, both just waiting to get out and breathe again.

Mountain Rider

A little change of plans, the new tire arrived today, so I went ahead and mounted her up.  I'll throw the new brake pads in and put the front end back together tomorrow.  

Triwing

Great when a plan comes together, putting you ahead in the game.

Rampal1955

Finished replacing the following on the new to me trike, timing belts, oil change, replaced all three air filters, new lcd screen, bulbs in dash, new speedometer cable, cleaned all the switches on handlebars, new speakers (front). Getting ready to install my new optic armor windshield and button things up. A big shout out to Cycle Max for helping find a package that the USPS lost...... Ride safe ya'll....

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,