plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,459 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

Thursday, I rode to meet MrsY for lunch and then a bit farther to look at a couple of cages for her.  Total ride was 70 miles at a brisk 40*.   Riding season is quickly coming to an end, but I'm not done riding yet.  I rode into work last Monday only to find one of the parking lots was blocked off for the snow season, to reduce the amount of salt and plowing needed.  There is limited access to a small area, meant for electric vehicles, which is next to the m/c parking area, so I was still able to get where I needed to go to park.  In previous years, before EVs, I had to get creative to access the m/c parking pad, since the whole area was roped off for winter.

Mountain Rider

The Aspy is a happy girl. Installed the new NAPA battery last night, left the Battery Doc to charge all night, and checked her this morning. She fired right up and ran like a champ. Tomorrow she gets a Pledge scrub down and a cover put on until her new owner arrives Wednesday. 

yooperfan

I rode around town to look for a set of tires for MrsY's cage, and maybe a little extra riding just because.  Snow was forecasted to start about 4 PM, so I figured I had 2-3 hours before it started.  WRONG.  I saw small flurries soon after I left the driveway, but it wasn't anything that was worth stopping for.  Total ride was only 15 miles but at this time of year, I'll take what I can get.

Ghost Rider 2

David that 15 miles more than I got yesterday.

tamathumper

I cleaned it, installed the anti-mouse screens on the intakes, rolled it into the back of the garage, and covered it. :(

Indianawantsme

What a beautiful day Sunday.. Too bad i couldn't get out sooner.  It was mostly sunny and 52F.  Really felt good to be out and riding even for that short of a trip.  

It took me about 45 miles round trip go to my sons house that would have been about 12 miles round trip.  It got dark way too soon since our time change. 

Now today is back to dreary.

Mountain Rider

Received the Progressive rear spring and stainless braided line for the preset yesterday. Checked the retirement count down clock and I've got 17 weeks to get all the upgrades and maintenance done. :SmileyTooth:

Ghost Rider 2

I retired out of the rv business in February 2018.  You are going to enjoy yourself in 17 weeks.  For sure!!

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

Beautiful day out and it rained and washed the salt off last night.  I rode a couple hundred miles this afternoon.

• Yay 1

Indianawantsme

Got my wife to ride today for 75 miles with a little shopping.  

63F mostly sunny but pretty windy.  Now back to the nasty stuff tonight. 

yooperfan

Yesterday, I finally finished cleaning out the garage to make room for the camper and still have room to squeeze the wing in too.  I started by rolling the wing out of the garage and ran it until it was warmed up, while I was cleaning the rest of the garage, then took it for a little ride, every bit of 2 miles, before making it fit behind the camper.  It's still accessible in case I want to get it out on a nice day, like today.  Too bad the roads have had a few layers of salt applied already.  I'm hoping the rain will take care of that before the next snowfall requires more salt.

Indianawantsme

Yesterday was somewhat sunny and very breezy @54-55F.  I needed to ride anyhow so i rode 18miles each way to get 2 hams(spiral cut bone in) @ 87cents lb. We have ham for a while now.  Dropped them off at home and rode some more to son's house to visit grandkids.  About 50 miles total.   

People seem to notice me more when it is winter time and only m/c on the road.  

yooperfan

I covered most of LaSalle county, along with some of Grundy county today, using mostly all backroads.  I also stopped to see my FIL for a few minutes.  The temp was a warm, sunny, 50* until I headed into the curves toward Sarved Rock, when it dropped to 45*, and then when the sun got a little lower, the temp dropped to 41*.  There were a few damp spots throughout the day when I was in the shade.  The day ended after 155 (s)miles.  I don't know what tomorrow will bring, but I hoping for a repeat of today.

Ghost Rider 2

David you beat me by 55 miles.  I better ride little more today

Ghost Rider 2

Well I got another 175 today.  
Beautiful mid 40's and sunshine.

yooperfan

You win for today.  I probably shouldn't even post that on this page because I didn't do more than glance at my wing today while I was in the garage for 30 seconds.  My back isn't happy and as much as 2 wheeled therapy seems to help, I just wasn't feeling it today.

RogueWing936

Well, we bought another wing... Trike for the wife, replaced the rear luggage rack, install battery tender, did all the fluid changes... 

Ghost Rider 2

Congrats to your wife on new ride.  My wife rides a 1800 Roadsmith trike and loves the trike.

Triwing

Best wishes with the new toy, hope she enjoys it!!!

Surprises me as to why more people don't go to two wheels up front, instead of in the rear.

Much more stable to turn, as evident with the old trikes, (three wheeler's) for the dirt bike riders, (kids).

They have kits, that bolt up at the steering head forward, leaving the rest of the bike unchanged, some can be leaned as well.

Have never priced the kit, but it has to cost less, with fewer parts to buy.

Selling would be easier too, you have the parts to reverse things back to stock.

yooperfan

Yesterday, I rode a similar route to the one I rode on Saturday, with a few alterations.  The ride ended after 135 miles.

Today, I cleaned and gapped the spark plugs, and moved the camper a little to give me more room to maneuver the wing in and out before I put it away.  I have to wait until I have more time to do the rest of the year end maintenance and cleaning before I cover it up for the winter.

Indianawantsme

Met wife in town Tuesday @48F. 

By the time I got home it dropped to 39F.   

Actually saw another Wing in a little town 3 miles from home. He just rode to gas station with just a hoodie on.  I stopped and talked to him.  He has only had it for a couple of months.  I recognized his name from somewhere. 

Wednesday I rode back roads @57F and mostly sunny about 85 miles. Beautiful day for Dec 19. 

Back to gloomy rainy since then. 

yooperfan

I changed the oil and filter today, and TRIED to change the gear lube in the rear end, but ran into a problem.  I think it was 2 years ago that lil-Y did the labor part of the year end maintenance while I supervised, and he used an SAE wrench on the metric fill plug.  I must have missed him grabbing the wrong wrench.  I filed flat sides onto the plug to make a wrench fit, but it didn't work this time.  I'll have to try again another day and if all else fails, I'll take it to a shop and have them deal with it.  Either way, I'll end up with a new plug and new gear lube before next riding season is in full swing.  I still need to clean the wing before I can say I'm done for the season, but I found that I need to pace myself and not try to do everything all in one day, or else I end up sore for a few days.

Ghost Rider 2

David go online try to find 6 point wrench 17mm if I remember correctly. .  I bought a Craftsman years ago.  It works great.

NC Aspenwing

With all the rain we've had all I can do Is look at mine.

May have to build a sled and drag it from the building In

the backyard to the driveway. Next spring I plan on extending

the driveway to the building to solve this problem.

Mountain Rider

Ordered up a set of amber turn lights for the mirrors, then set about clearing the garage so I can get going on all the upgrades to Black Beauty.  Only 11 weeks, 1 day, 10 hours, and 37 minutes until I retire, so I've got to get busy.  :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM: