plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,460 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker
5 hours ago, Parman said:

Checked tire pressures, started her up and rode her out into the driveway to reorganize the garage to get the wife's car inside. First time I've had a vehicle actually parked in the garage in 4 or 5 year's.

I hope you are able to pin all of the clutter on your better half.  Estella seems to clutter up her car parking carport/garage.  The only thing of mine it there are 3 twenty five lb. LP tanks but she wanted them in there instead of where I had them stored.

Moonshine is coming up.  Time to get serious about cleaning and getting bikes running.

Mountain Rider

Well, I finally got the Aspy back together, minus the front lower fairings. Temps are starting stay in the mid 50's, so tomorrow I may ride her to work so I can weld a new stud for the lower radiator mount in place. Once that's done, I can get the lower fairings back on and do a final fluff and buff. Looks like I may have to replace the front brake light switch also. It's started working when it wants. 

jobe05

79 degrees out and I have way to much to do to go for a ride.........:sweat:

Maybe I can sneak out and nobody will miss me.............. 

Monkeytrucker
26 minutes ago, jobe05 said:

Maybe I can sneak out and nobody will miss me.............. 

Becca might give you the keys and a gasoline credit card just to have some peace and quiet.

motorcycle call GIF

jobe05

She would to get me out the door, but she'd miss me in 5 minutes........

It's that whole "prerogative" thing..........  or hormones....

EDIT:  Moot point........  I came up stairs, sat in my chair and fell asleep till dinner.....  Woke up for dinner, went downstairs to close the garage door, came back up, sat in my chair and fell asleep.......  Just woke up, now going to bed.........  Maybe get to ride tomorrow. 

• Like 1

AZgl1800

46°F here, and drizzling rain all day with a slight breeze from the north.... no rides for me.

brianinpa

I got the 87 out of hibernation and started working on getting the single carb dialed in.  It felt nice to ride the old girl once again!

Ghost Rider 2

Forecast says sunny today.  high of 49 later this afternoon.  But sunny is the key word for today.  it is only 35 now but 39 by 9:30 - 10 oclock.  I have my heated gear layed out and I going for a several hundred mile run.  I have made a few little local rides but the winter time blues has got to end.  I need some Honda time and I heading out to find it.

Steed

Got above 50* in the garage yesterday so my ST (baby wing) got some fresh fork oil and a new set of sonic springs.  Don't understand why Mother designs so many products for lightweight Asian and European riders then sends them to our over-weight market unchanged.  The real pisser is that it's trying to "SNOW" here again...

Indianawantsme

Got up to 52F today and 60F in my shed.  Plugged in the battery maintainer on the Wing.  The yard is way too soft to get it out for a while yet and more rain coming.  

Sun was out today and begging me to ride something i could get through the yard and onto blacktop.   Little '67 Suzuki @ 300# and didn't sink too much had a nice run today and shook off some rainy blues of mine. Even gave my youngest grandson (6yrs old yesterday)  a short ride he was begging for from grandpa.

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

I was very happy that I got out on Friday for some Honda time.  I got 306 miles for the day.  Unfortunately today is a whole different world here.  5"  of snow and the temp right now is 9 degrees.  Weather was so bad over the weekend that the Easter bunny emailed an IOU to me.  LOL

AZgl1800

2 days ago, it made it up to 71°F and I missed it, thinking that tomorrow I will go for a ride.

Well, yesterday made it up all the way to 34°F and today is 41°F so no rides here.

Mountain Rider

Rainy and windy today, so I looked at her and gave her a swat on the fanny. :wink-sm:

Indianawantsme

Put a little air in the tires to what they should be and rode to town today and scenic route to visit friends and then home.  90miles... Was a nice and sunny 59F when i started out and got up to 61F and cloudy and windy as heck after that and temp was dropping by 4pm.  

1" of snow tonight.   :Face-Angry-Sm:

AZgl1800

I looked at her, threw some furniture pads over her hiney so I could get the 2,4-D out from under the cabinets.

Too cold to spray the weeds, but I am getting ready for it.

Wx.png

Monkeytrucker
20 hours ago, AZgl1800 said:

Too cold to spray the weeds, but I am getting ready for it.

At lunch today we were discussing laying out a garden and spraying the location with Round-up in prep for plowing and disking later.  Estella planted potatoes and green onions in one of the raised beds this week.  Having trouble with our tomato plants and blight so we are thinking about doing a traditional style garden for tomato and peppers this year.  The other raised beds will get planted to some different crops and will just have to think what to plant.  I have planted pole beans for the last 6 years.  She likes green beans but cannot get her to want to pick and freeze any.  She says she just likes to see them grow.

NC Aspenwing

Didn't do anything to the wing but I did build It a new

ramp to Its building so It will be safer getting It In and out.

brianinpa

Finished up with my single carb conversion on my 87... now maybe I can finally put my Xmas raffle prize to use.

• Like 1

Triwing

Keep hearing about warm weather in a couple days. They have to be right eventually, don't they?

brianinpa

I hope Denver because when I look outside right now... IT’S SNOWING!!!

Triwing

Not snowing at the moment, but looking north you never know.

Indianawantsme

Rode West direction to town to pic up prescription but not ready yet so i HAVE to ride the Wing into town again tomorrow.  Darn the luck.

Got home and ate some dinner than headed East for 25miles to use Sonny's homemade swingarm wrench and 19mm allen wrench to check the torque on my '12.  It had been moved already according to the paint marks but i wanted to check it anyhow to make sure it was right.  I put it on center stand in his driveway and checked it.    I have never even met the guy yet in a year of texting and calling.  He's never home but left his tools out for me to use. 

That's Wingers for ya.  

Not really a very nice day at 45F   and cloudy but still better than raining.     

• Like 2

yooperfan

Staffing for an upcoming refueling outage started about a week ago so the number of cages in the parking lot has been on the rise.  Monday was the first real day of the outage and parking was horrible, maybe the worst I've ever seen in all my decades of outages.  That was enough of an incentive to ride to work on Tuesday.  Two others had the same idea.  The temp on the way to work was 48* and it will be about 36* for the ride home which will be in about an hour.  Today and tomorrow are going to be in the 60s and 70s, so I plan to add a few more miles for this week before the rain hits for the weekend.  I guess I'll have to leave a lot earlier so I can find a place to park my cage.

Monkeytrucker

Now I know what it would be like to be a potato sounding garage queen bike owner.  Just finished the 3 week long spring cleaning of the 1800.  I think those riders who ride 3 miles to coffee shop all leathered up in an attempt to look bad-donkey and then go back 3 miles and sit in their garage with the doors wide open and polish imaginary dirt off for 3 hours are not quite sane.  But to each their own and it's their money.  

Our bike will get its photo taken and then washed every so often.  It will be covered in dust before we get near hard road.

Changed the oil because I want fresh oil in it after winter.  The date of Mfg. on the oil filter was 7-17.  Should have saved the synthetic oil for other engines around here but had already dumped it on the gravel road before I removed the filter.

AZgl1800

Rode 400 miles yesterday, and at one of our stops, there was a beatiful new HD all polished and clean....

the owner talked with us a while, he lives in Chester, AR and works in Siloam Springs where we met him.

His wife rides also, and she works in Rogers, AR....

He has a one hour ride to/from home, as Chester is SSE of Siloam Springs.

His wife has a slightly shorter ride 55 minutes.... 

anyway, we joked about how the bikes get cleaned up..... He said that he spends more time polishing it up, than he actually rides the bike.   Jim "Redbud" on here, told us that he had finished up a 12 hour super anal cleaning process on his '83 1100. wow is that bike ever sharp... it looks brand new.

My bike? I wash it at least once a year.