Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,441 posts in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

temps made it to 70 per the WxBu, but it was colder than that when I took the bike out for a run...

55 at first, then slowly got up to 68.

managed 14 miles, and headed home, I can't  handle cold wx like I used to.

Dusty Boots

Well, it may have been like that where you guys live, but this was what it was like this morning in my neck of the woods and it won't go away anytime soon!  :sad-face-still:

I had to dig through a 1 foot deep snow drift just to get in the shop this morning. BTW - 15*F and a very stiff wind out of the WNW!

IMG_0944.thumb.JPG.a056e9f171aaab21cabb708594a2f7f3.JPG

IMG_0945.thumb.JPG.65b68c3523059652133b1ca390c45ef7.JPG

IMG_0947.thumb.JPG.7da8e6521d37bdef34562ebddb8a40fc.JPG

• Surprise 1

Halfling

Hey Ken are you using drag & drop for attaching your pictures?

Dusty Boots
13 minutes ago, Halfling said:

Hey Ken are you using drag & drop for attaching your pictures?

Nope, just uploading them from my files on my PC that I transferred there from my iPhone 6S

I have no idea how to do the 'Drag and Drop' thing, John!  :confused-face-smiley-emoticon:

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Monkeytrucker

Hey Ken,  I think I have some old tire chains around the rancho.  Might go good on your bike. :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

I refuse to put chains on any more.  Having to chain up a truck in the oil field in 2' of mud and then 20 minutes later having to un-chain was not fun...

Halfling
1 hour ago, Dusty Boots said:

I have no idea how to do the 'Drag and Drop' thing, John! 

You need two windows open, one with your file folders and the other with the forum post your writing. Find the image file on your PC, left click on it but hold the left button down (this grabs the file), drag it (with your mouse) over to the window where you are typing your post and "drop" it (let go of left button) on the bottom area of your edit box where you see the paper clip. It drops a COPY of the image in your post and the original remains in your file folder. "Drag & Drop"! Easy to do on a PC!

• Like 1

AZgl1800

The Drag 'n Drop feature works on this forum better than any of the other forums I frequent.

• Yay 1

Halfling

Wow Ken, this is great stuff and should probably all be in the "Motorcycle Technical Questions, Discussions & Builds" section!

Just say the word and I'll try to get it all put together and moved for you!

Halfling

Moved Dusty's winter project to

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

Well I busted my azz today working on Cheryls trike. It up in the air front wheel off.  Winter maintenance underway.  I kind of wondered if I should have waited and not junmped into this thing until after first of the year.  With holidays I doubt I will be in garage much.  But it is started so spring getting closer by the day!!

Ghost Rider 2

Well trike on hold.  It 52 degrees here.  So 100 mile ride was in order.  Don't see this very often in Illinois mid December. 

Jstkraze

Now that the snow hat his the area and the salt trucks have been out my season is over for sure. I hooked up the battery tender till I start some of the mods

Monkeytrucker

Started the 1800 today and we thought about going for a short ride.  Well until the boss said "NO, you have no business taking a chance on the muddy road."

Ghost Rider 2

Looks like I my have another day or 2 to ride.  My plan is ride to work tomorrow.  And Wednesday looks good also.   I may find another 3 to 5 hundred miles before that ugly stuff gets here. 

• Like 1

Ghost Rider 2

Who would have ever thought a person in central Illinois could ride to work on Dec 18. And be comfortable. 45 this morning at 7.

• Like 3

KReitz124

Weather looks good for a ride tomorrow.   Hopfully Thursday also    

Triwing

Too wet to ride here!!!  Worked on the new to me car instead, then took it for it's e-check, it passed with no issues at all. Great news, now when the battery is replaced, will not wait for it to check all systems to pass.

Monkeytrucker

Had hopes of riding a bit this morning BUT, when I walked outside you could almost swing your arm and collect moisture.  Miserable day.  Drove the Fiat to Evansville, IN this afternoon for a MD apt. and had to keep making the wipers remove the mist on the windshield.

AZgl1800

much the same here Gary, dark dreary day all day.  got up to 57 for a while, we went out and loaded up a bed frame out of the shop and put it in the Suburban so it will be there. Daughter sold it to someone way out west of us, going to meet them in Owasso.  I had to remove a wheel on the EZ-Go golf cart and take it to the tire shop, they could not find anything wrong with it, but it was off the rim.  Tubeless.... they put in a new valve stem and sent me home.  It rides better with 4 tires pumped up LOL.... 

when she gets home tomorrow, the engine oil be hot, so plan on draining it out, and pouring in some new stuff. Get it ready for our next RV camping season.

need to call some local trade schools and find someone who will take the Suburban in and patch the rear fenders. left side near the gas cap has a hole in it about two inches in diameter, all rusted out. don't know how that happened??

the right rear fender has a depressed area on it where I was backing up and sideswiped a fence post... argh!!! not too bad, it just looks crappy when it was all perfect and shiny before :(

• Like 1

KReitz124

Ended up with a 90 mile ride today  mid 50's   NICE

• Like 2

Mountain Rider

Trying to find a better heater for the garage.  I'm off work the 23rd through the 26th, and want to get some work started on the Aspy, but the little heater I have can't keep up.  Christmas Eve it's supposed to get to -12 overnight and only 0 that day.  I kinda have to feel my fingers to do some of this.  For now, she's plugged into the Battery Doc keeping the heart and soul warm (not to mention the new $100 battery).  :wink-sm:

Monkeytrucker

While this probably would not be a quick remedy, you probably could go to some furnace place and find a very low priced used furnace.  You might even get them to install it in a corner of you shop space for you.  Another place to look is where some place is scrapping out old mobile homes.  The only difference between the two is where the hot air comes out.  Most furnaces flow air out the top but mobile homes use counter flow design where the hot air comes out the bottom.

My shop has a mobile home furnace out of the old trailer I was given just for getting it off the ladies lot because the town was going to fine her if she did not get it gone.  She had to have a new furnace installed a couple of years before the termites made their presence known big time and she had to buy a used home and they simply pulled her old one to the back of her lot so she could move stuff over to her newer one.

When I pulled the furnace out of the back part of my wood shop I had put into the front part I found that the new furnace was electronic ignition and the flue stack was one that telescoped to many lengths.  I made a stand for it to stand in the corner of my shop, made a simple duct work out of old commercial radio panels so the air was directed horizontally into the shop.  The exhaust stack worked perfectly to go thru the roof and extend well above it.  The LP gas company came and ran a gas line to the shop from the tank for my mother in laws house.  She had owned the tank and when she died we no longer kept heat in her house.  So now I just go into the shop, flip a wall switch to power the furnace and withing 15 minutes the shop is nice and warm.  When I do any painting I simply turn it up to about 90 and let it run overnight.  Next day the paint is dry and I have a way too hot shop.

Dave0430 suggested that I could install a RF remote switch so I could turn the furnace on before I ride down there on the 3 wheeler.  Still thinking about doing that.  A warm shop is nice to walk into.  Last year I burned about 50 gallons of LP @ $1.89 a gallon.  Only problem is that grinding metal plugs a filter so quick it makes having a filter impossible.

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Both good ideas you guys! I've been looking at the tank top burners at HF. I think one of those would work well for my needs. Monkeytrucker, funny you mention mobile home furnaces, I work at an RV dealership and could probably scrounge a furnace from a junk trailer and plumb some ductwork into the garage. If it will heat a 30 ft trailer, it will probably heat my 2 car garage. 🤔

• Like 3

Monkeytrucker
31 minutes ago, Mountain Rider said:

Both good ideas you guys! I've been looking at the tank top burners at HF. I think one of those would work well for my needs. Monkeytrucker, funny you mention mobile home furnaces, I work at an RV dealership and could probably scrounge a furnace from a junk trailer and plumb some ductwork into the garage. If it will heat a 30 ft trailer, it will probably heat my 2 car garage. 🤔

Sometimes we have the answer right under our noses and do not see them.  Mount one up on the wall above everything and just make a simple air distributor box to aim the heated air out sideways.  Some old RV siding would work great.  Run the burner exhaust and air intake thru the wall and schazam you are in business.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,