plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,458 posts in this topic Last Reply

Halfling

Nancy and I took the trike out for a spin again today. Left here just after lunch and road the back-roads NNE up to Granville TN. We strolled around a bit admiring all of the  "scarecrows" that  lined the main street  (they are having their fall festival all month) and went in the general store to have a look around. Not our first time there and won't be our last either. Headed back home (after several show and tells about the trike) over a different set of roads (all good) and rolled in about sunset. All together it looks like about 175 miles. Good times, great weather!

Mountain Rider

I so envy you, I woke up to snow......again, this morning.  I told the wife I thought I could make it to work on the bike as long as I could get out of the driveway.  I won't repeat her response here, but suffice it to say it meant she didn't think so (not that she didn't think I could make it, but that she wasn't going to let it happen).  It cleared off and the roads were dry by late afternoon, so aside from the parking lot at work being slushy, I'd would have been good (and when I told her that tonight, she again replied the same as this morning.  I don't think she trust my riding skills).  :puzzled-smiley-emoticon:   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

AZgl1800

Been there, and dun that :)

Usually though, I just did what I wanted to do...

some times that worked out great, other times, egg on face  :(

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Received and installed my new left glove box cover. This is a beautiful replacement for the 1200 and comes embroidered with the GL logo. Sorry the picture isn't so good. 

IMG_20171017_004549729.jpg

[[Template core/front/global/commentEditLine is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Halfling

Went for a short ride today, ran a few errands, picked up a Zaxby's cob salad for lunch and blew the dust off of the trike! Beautiful day here, sunny and just about 70*

yooperfan

I rode to meet MrsY for luIjj]s 

I rode to meet MrsY for lunch.  It was a breezy 40 mile ride.

yooperfan

MrsY and I rode to the farthest gas station I could reach, after I added a little extra to make sure we got that far.  Then we stopped at Starved Rock  and sat in front of the fireplace.  She was reminiscing about the days when she worked there, at the switch board.  Yea, she's THAT old, wait, I'm even older.  The ride ended after 110 miles.  The temp rose to 75* but dropped to 70* a few times in the shade and even as low as 65* as we neared the river

Galaxyhunter

I met Kiptap (Paul) in Rochelle @ 9:00 am.  Headed over to Mt. Carroll  to start what I call the Galena loop. 110 mile ride that circles Galena over 5 different main roads.  I normally  Start the loop in Galena & always ride the loop clockwise.  This time we rode counterclockwise.  I have to say from a different prospective, It was like a whole different & new  route.  By the time I got home, I had roughly 260 miles on the clock. The Fall weather was perfect - mid 70's.  The local weather man says this might be the last good hurrah for the year. 

• Like 2

Jstkraze

Took a 70 mile ride today. The weather was perfect and 77 degrees out. 

Mountain Rider

Rode South for a bit with the wife and grabbed a bite to eat.  Sunny with a light breeze, we added a cool 75 miles to the clock.  :SmileyTooth:

• Like 1

yooperfan

I took a quick ride to Farm and Fleet Thursday morning to get stuff needed to work on lil-Y's cage.  That made for a 45 mile trip.

Mountain Rider

I plugged the Aspy in to the Battery Doc for the day since the wife won't let me ride in the winds we've had today.  Then I snuck out and went to the dealer to see if any of the bikes we test drove were still around.  The 1500 was still setting there pleading for me to bring her home.  I spoke with the sales manager about price, but they're already upside down in it by a couple hundred bucks.  If it sets there over the Winter, I may be able to walk in with $3500 cash and ride her off.  We'll see.

• Like 1

Bluthundr31

My front tire was worn to "wear-bars" on the left side of the tire, so I got a new Avon Cobra for my beast.  The shop had very little knowledge about Dyna-beads, how effective they can be, or how to install them correctly, , , so I only had them "mount" the new tire and I put in the Dyna-beads myself.  They (2 oz.) went in with very little effort, so I put 2 oz. in the rear tire too.  The rear is a Dunlop Elite II that is old, but has decent tread still.

Since I had the front tire off, I decided to replace the old brake pads.  I'm putting on new semi-metallic pads.

I upgraded the brake lines with steel lines a few months ago and they are in fine shape.

Ghost Rider 2

My 1800 up on the lift.  For  some strange reason the starter took a crap.  New one here and bike is almost 1/2 way apart.  Hope to be back on the job Saturday and get this thing running.   Need some more miles before the weather totally turns to crap!!

• Like 1

Halfling

The colors are beginning to change here finally (2 weeks behind normal) so Nancy and I went for a nice ride this afternoon through the surrounding countryside. Temp was close to 80* but it was overcast/partly sunny and felt cool. Nice day and a nice ride. About 65 miles on the clock!

OnaWingandaPrayer

The rear tire on the 1800 was damaged by a nail.  So I spent the day getting to know the bike a bit better.

Off with the bad tire and mounted up a new Dunnie Wintersport ROF . While the wheel was off, I pulled the final drive and the drive shaft. All the splines received a coating of Moly 60 . The final was drained and refilled, all put back to normal.  

Next, I'll mount the TPMS display so I can keep an eye on the tire pressures. 

Missed out on some great riding weather , but its nice know that bit of maintenance is taken care of.

• Like 2

Jstkraze

The 1800 rear tire removal is so easy and fast. 

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

Mrs Ona was a little worried when I was laying the bike over on her side :question:.  But I agree, now that I have done this, it's much easier then previous Wings.

• Like 2

Jstkraze

The only way to do it! 

Ghost Rider 2

Well hope to find my way to the bottom of the 1800 and swap out the starter this afternoon.  

Ghost Rider 2

I installed new starter this afternoon on my 1800.  Everything is good.  But a word of caution.  Talked with another rider that his starter went bad also.  If you replace your starter check the end of the replacement.  If there is a set screw on the drive end of the starter,  DON'T  install it.  I lost mine and so did the other rider.  It is a major job to replace.  Don't cheap out on replacement.    And watch the gear end.

Indianawantsme

Perhaps this should be in the Tech section for future?

I wonder where the set screw went? Kind of scary a chunk of metal running around loose. I wonder if locktight might help if you don't have a choice but to install this type of starter?

I don't think there is enough depth to double set screw the hole.  We used to do that at work to keep things in place.

Ghost Rider 2

The set screw is in an aftermarket starter.  I have a magnetic drain plug and plan to check it after a few days of riding.   Basicly if you buy a starter and it has a set screw .  Send it back and don't use it. 

• Like 1

OnaWingandaPrayer

We took the bike out today for a little over a 160 miles . That should have scrubbed the new off of the PVTROF. 

• Like 1

yooperfan

I've been slacking.  Last week, I rode to meet MrsY for lunch.  I Stopped at Wallyworld and picked up a couple of filters for my cage and a can of Sea Foam for the wing.  I poured in a few ounces before filling the tank.  I don't plan on that being my last ride for the year, but who knows what the weather will bring.