plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,466 posts in this topic Last Reply

AZgl1800

gasp!!!

does that mean you are abandoning your friends?

sure hope not..... sure have enjoyed our visits.

Dusty Boots

gasp!!!

does that mean you are abandoning your friends?

sure hope not..... sure have enjoyed our visits.

Nah  ...  I ain't going anywhere, but I may not visit quite so often John.

I hope to still be invited to the IL M&G and a couple other events so I can continue to visit with all the friends I've made here!    :angel-praying-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

My wife remembered i ordered a w/shield so i couldn't surprise her.  

She said there is less wind hitting her and likes it.     Only 3-1/4" taller than the OEM in the 4th notch from the bottom like the instructions state to set it to and similar to the Slipstreamer height that i had on my 88.  I can look over this Optic Armor +4 if i stretch a bit like i did on my 88.  The 1 inch wider on each side does push the air about that or more to about the edge of the handlebars.  We still get air hitting us so it is not like sitting in a car with the windows up. 

No vent and nothing blocking the clear vision i have through this w/shield.  No bees,rain or dirt will come through the w/shield hitting me in the face now either. Wings by my knees do the job to cool us so i don't miss the vent and the filthy bugs it collected.  Easier to clean the w/shield.  Just my opinion on the vent and what i like or dislike.  Would have been nice if Honda didn't get rid of ALL the other vents on '12.   

Looking forward to visiting daughter in Tuscon next May if possible. 

Galaxyhunter

Steve,  Are you going to the IL, M&G?

Indianawantsme

Doesn't like look we will make it this year. A birthday party on Saturday is on the calendar.     Community Center car show right behind my house on Sat. and picnic on Sunday which we missed last year. We got home about 4pm last year on Sunday and pretty well missed everything.  

The picnic has been 3rd Sunday of Sept. for years and i am a member of the community club and sucks they are the same weekend again. 

You guys won't miss me anyhow,   just Rowena. :Face-Raspberry:

• Like 1

Parman

Doesn't like look we will make it this year. A birthday party on Saturday is on the calendar.     Community Center car show right behind my house on Sat. and picnic on Sunday which we missed last year. We got home about 4pm last year on Sunday and pretty well missed everything.  

You guys won't miss me anyhow,   just Rowena. :Face-Raspberry:

Your right. She is much more pleasant on the eyes than you are. :roflmao:

• Like 1

yooperfan

I had PMS after my 4th vacation in the cage this year.  I got home late tuesday night and then rode to meet MrsY for lunch on wednesday.  Total ride was 50 chilly, windy miles.

I have been noticing the cruise won't stay on lately and it's getting worse.  The clutch lever is the culprit.  It has too much wear and free play which causes enough movement to hit the cruise switch.  I've been shopping for a new one but haven't picked a winner yet.

Halfling

Just spent the last 3 hours cleaning, applying Rejex, and wiping off the new trike! First coat complete, 2nd coat tomorrow!

Also cleaned up the cover on the Aspen camper and applied a liberal coating of armour all.

• Like 1

Dusty Boots

Rode my wing for what is probably the last time today!   :(

21371017_10155789683310555_3430461359461

When I picked the bike up in Nov of 07 (got to ride it 2 days before putting it up for the winter) it had just 20,396 on the clock.

Today, this is what I am retiring it with  ....

21432897_10155789877000555_3687295097465

I will put it up for sale before too long and will let someone else have the chance to enjoy her.   ;)

• Like 1

AZgl1800

it has served you well Ken.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I cleaned out the garage on the Toy Hauler and went thru a fitment exercise to see if the bike will fit.

It does, but the windscreen has to be dropped about 2 inches before I setup the tiedowns to secure it while on the road.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1283773641752481&set=pcb.1283781571751688&type=3&theater

http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/members/90947-azgl1800-albums-bike-loaded-toy-hauler.html

m2102

Sounds like you got out of Florida just in time. Before replacing cc microswitch check the brass bushing. If it's got play in it could be the culprit. Cyclemax, $8.50 plus shipping.

Halfling

Nancy and I went for a nice ride today, 70 miles! Beautiful weather and a picnic lunch under a shade tree! Good to be riding again!!!

• Like 1

Halfling

Just finished installing Baker lower trike wings (dark smoke), they look good and I hope they are as functional as advertised!

AZgl1800

I don't have the lowers, I have the ones just below the knee, and the ones that fit above that.

Halfling

Mine are the ones just below the knee I guess.The hand ones under the mirror will be next. Not sure about the ones in the middle.

20170910_090811.jpg

DougW

Mine are the ones just below the knee I guess.The hand ones under the mirror will be next. Not sure about the ones in the middle.

I find the middle ones the most important on the trike. The wind comes around the sides, hits the rear fenders and comes right up my back and on my passenger's sides. The mid wings help cut this down.

• Like 1

Halfling

I find the middle ones the most important on the trike. The wind comes around the sides, hits the rear fenders and comes right up my back and on my passenger's sides. The mid wings help cut this down.

Yep, I'm sure you're right, its just that they are also the most expensive!

Monkeytrucker

Will be getting our 1800 out of the Hangar tomorrow and all checked out.  Have to have it ready for Clinton lake this weekend. 

We have the foot wings, the mid wings and the under the mirror wings.  We also have the stuffed animals on the luggage rack and that seems to cut the wind from coming up Estella's back.  Besides, the bears get beautiful young ladies in Porsche roadsters to pull up along side and wave like you were their long lost friend.  Made an old man's heart skip a few beats.  The Bride says she was waving at the animals that were waving to her.

:Face-Crying:  

• Like 1

yooperfan

On tuesday, I rode to wally world to pick up oil and a filter so i could change the oil in the FIL's cage.  It was better than not riding at all, like on monday.

Mountain Rider

Watched it rain most of the day, but it stopped long enough to take the Aspy out for a short test drive.  I removed the ATF from the front forks and installed Belray 15 weight fork oil in its place.  Ride improvement was immediate and excellent.  Ninety two MPH, no wiggle, no wobble, smooth as she could be.  I'm still going to replace the front wheel bearings.

Triwing

The 1200's are great when sorted out properly, the suspension upgrades front as well as rear are mandatory on any wing, the stock suspension is just not up to the task!!!

yooperfan

I packed and repacked the wing on Saturday, until I got (almost) everything needed for MrsY and I to do an overnight camping trip to the Clinton Lake Illinois MnG.  We had a sunny ride there and we headed home before the forecasted rain could catch us.  It made for a nice 210 mile total ride.

• Like 2

AZgl1800

Started out for a ride, but after about 10 miles, the dark clouds started dripping pretty bad, so I went home.

Mountain Rider

Mounted an aluminum plate on the rear rack, moving the trunk to the rear about 3".  The wife is no longer squished and I've got room to stretch.  I just have to watch how much weight I put in there as it moves that weight from over the rear of the bike to over the air behind the bike..