Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,431 posts in this topic Last Reply

noviwinger

Alas, I am just missing my Wing.  Put her in the shop on Saturday, the tech is backed up with about 25 Wings ahead of me. No other reliable place to take my baby for warranty work.  Having the Flashers fixed, the no longer work with the remote, Grinding when reversing slight up hill, and a new rear tire.  Sadly, it may be 2 weeks before I get her back.  darn, PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) is setting in hard, it is beautiful outside.  :Face-Crying:

Triwing

That's why i learned what went where, how, & why. Never took either of the two new bikes, i ever bought, back to the dealer for warranty. Too much B S, as well as down right lies. So any dealings after purchase if the warranty was involved, came down to when they called to set up the appointment, i brought the part in said go ahead & charge the factory for the install it worked out great. Then parts was & still is my dealings with them.

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

Missing my Wing too. They are waiting on a small red rear panel yet and better be done this week. 

Felt like i had to do something even though the Wing isn't here so i ordered an Optic Armor +4 tonight.  

• Like 1

brianinpa

Alas, I am just missing my Wing.  Put her in the shop on Saturday, the tech is backed up with about 25 Wings ahead of me. No other reliable place to take my baby for warranty work.  Having the Flashers fixed, the no longer work with the remote, Grinding when reversing slight up hill, and a new rear tire.  Sadly, it may be 2 weeks before I get her back.  darn, PMS (Parked Motorcycle Syndrome) is setting in hard, it is beautiful outside.  :Face-Crying:

Missing my Wing too. They are waiting on a small red rear panel yet and better be done this week. 

Felt like i had to do something even though the Wing isn't here so i ordered an Optic Armor +4 tonight.  

That's why you should have more than one!  At least that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

• Like 1

Indianawantsme

I have  2 other bikes but they are not a Wing.   

Picked the Wing up a while ago and wow is it different than the 750.  NICE!!!!!

• Like 1

yooperfan

Wednesday, I met up with a co-worker and rode to Streator for gas and lunch and a little riding in Ottawa before heading home.  Total ride for the day was 105 miles.

Thursday, we rode the scenic route form Morris to Minooka and a park along the river and canal.  The co-worker is originally from Wisconsin, so she isn't familiar with many roads in the area beyond getting to work, so I try to take different routes and go different directions as much as possible when we ride.  Total ride was only 35 miles, due to time limits.

Indianawantsme

Decided to spend some money and ordered Optic Armor +4 with no vent.  Too many bees coming through trying to get me all the time. 

It is clear so no problem looking through it.  It does block more wind so hopefully rain won't hit me in the face anymore.

Wife is riding with me on Sunday with friends and i didn't tell her i put a new windshield on. I want to see if she notices.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Decided to spend some money and ordered Optic Armor +4 with no vent.  Too many bees coming through trying to get me all the time. 

It is clear so no problem looking through it.  It does block more wind so hopefully rain won't hit me in the face anymore.

Wife is riding with me on Sunday with friends and i didn't tell her i put a new windshield on. I want to see if she notices.

darn.....

I would sell you the same exact windscreen with vent off my bike, only a year old.

it is too tall to fit into my new Toy Hauler

Indianawantsme

That is a low trailer then... Maybe you could trim the w/shield a little on the sides so it will drop down another notch if that would help your situation. Or maybe it doesn't need trimming to go down. I don't know. 

AZgl1800

That is a low trailer then... Maybe you could trim the w/shield a little on the sides so it will drop down another notch if that would help your situation. Or maybe it doesn't need trimming to go down. I don't know. 

The trailer is not low, it is that the garage has a bunk bed over the top of it that goes back about six inches more than a Queen bed is wide.  I can stand up in the rear portion of the garage and the ceiling is over 8 feet high.

But, that bunk bed frame is right at jaw bone height on me....

Cyndi bought me one of the super sized swimming Pool Noodles...

We are going to cut it length wise  and glue it to the bottom edge of the bunk bed frame. I have already hit my head on that darn thing twice and it hurt like hell.

I hate to cut the windshield, as someone might want an Optic Armor + 4 that already has a vent in it.  Only one year old, and no scratches at all.

any takers?

I want to buy a Madstad instead, as that can be set at any height that I want.

m2102

Today Terri and I thought we'd go for a little ride. Hooked up the trailer and headed to Peoria. Ended up at Sam's club and did a little shopping. When we got out we had a few people stop by and couldn't believe all we got would fit. One lady said she never saw a trailer on a motorcycle before. Now she has and smiles for the day came to 145 +/- all totaled. Great day to be ridding.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Trailers on our bikes are great, allows for lots of 'carry home' space :)

m2102

Kinda liked the attention it draws. Even going downtime road you can see people looking.

Indianawantsme

Wife asked the other day if i received the windshield so it wasn't a surprise after all. 

We went riding with some others for over 100 miles this beautiful day.  A nice breeze.

She said it is much better with Optic Armor +4 and is happy. :Face-Smile-Big:

44mpg with mixture of speed up to 67mph.  Larger w/shield doesn't seem to have made mpg worse so that is good.  Need more tankfuls and various speeds to get more info on that. 

• Like 1

brianinpa

I put the finishing touches on my '84 Standard and have it looking like an '84 Standard again and not a pile of parts in the corner of the garage.  Sometimes is feels good to get some wind in your face!

1200 S

• Like 1

Steed

Those 1200's have always, just plain looked right...

• Like 1

brianinpa

Yeah Terry, and when you put them on a diet, they are surprising.

Triwing

84 standards are a unique blend of parts, the red headed step child so to speak. Two of the favorite's of all my standard bikes ever, are in my garage, a wine berry, & a black  pair of  84 standards, the  only two colors available. Feel very lucky to have found them both, seeing how few of them are still around, in such good overall shape. Still put too much cash into them, but their both such a pleasure to ride and bang for your buck, very inexpensive when compared to a new bike. 

brianinpa

I still would like to know for sure how many were made... if only mother Honda would fess up.

Triwing

Don't know, they were not popular at the time, mine are two of the first 1,000, built in 83.

AZgl1800

Belly pan back on, after changing oil/filter

removed the ice chest rack hitch, and put on the ball hitch so the trailer can follow me to ES13

sorted out the junk in the trunk, so I have what I need, and not what I don't :)

• Like 1

wingman05

Put it in the shop for some much needed maintenance following my 15,000+ mile road trip from NJ to Alaska and back.

brianinpa

My 87 reminded me that I had neglected to do something...  I pushed the starter button and it cranked slow... hmm, that's odd.  I popped the side cover and sure enough, the battery water level was low.  Filled it back up, gave it a charge and now it starts. I really should get a maintenance free battery!

• Like 1

AZgl1800

AGM is the only way to go....

never, ever, will buy another wet cell for a motorcycle

Dusty Boots

I had another 90 amp alternator go on me while on a trip up to meet a buddy 340 km/ 215 mi away. :ANGRY:

I got 148 km into it when I noticed Rudy's smart light blinking, indicating the battery was discharging, which was confirmed by my LED battery gauge.

I pulled over and changed out that one and tried to install the OEM one I had in my saddlebag, but the rubber dampeners were all shot/broke, making installation of the alternator extremely difficult!! I decided to pull all the dampeners out,m installed the OEM alternator and limped back home!

I currently have over 340 K on the Ole Girl and have decided to 'retire' her.

I picked up a new to me ride and no, it is NOT another Gold Wing

I decided that it's replacement will be a 2013 Victory Cross Country Tour

21231632_10155769791595555_4550622360681

21232122_10155769791565555_5027253600509

21270904_10155769792355555_4611636930300

21150010_10155764344470555_6934546218340

21271231_10155769901020555_2053181686561

I'll be keeping the Ole Girl for a little bit, but will be putting her up for sale before the end of the year, once I get the new bike certified and tagged

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,