Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,358 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

I got the differential cover and o-ring ordered today.  Let the waiting game begin.

Mountain Rider

Finally got a little break in the rain, so I got out for a short ride yesterday.  It's supposed to warm up and clear a bit more later today, so I'll run her down the road and enjoy it while I can.  I must say, adding the MBL risers to the handle bars has been awesome.  I now ride setting well back in the seat and not having to reach.  It even feels like it steers easier requiring next to no input to turn.  Love it.  I'm going to be adding some LED glow lighting to her as well.  I'm not into a lot of chrome nor is Leslie, but she saw a bike with the glow underneath and the radiators illuminated and instantly said we had to have that.  I've already got the ring of fire on the front wheel, so I'll add blue strip lighting to the frame surrounding the rear wheel, and a strip or two in each radiator vent to give them that added accent.  I'm also waiting on a Honda OEM voltmeter.  I currently have the led gauge behind the speaker grill, and it works well, but I find if I'm not at the right angle, It's difficult to see.  It's a minor issue at worst, but having the OEM on the right panel means a quick glance tells all.  Also looking at adding a CB.  The folks I ride with use theirs to keep in touch on the road, so It just makes things easier if I'm in the loop as well.  Now, maybe an after burner...…….:puzzled-smiley-emoticon: 

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Getting ready to walk out the door, take a ride, and maybe take some new pictures of Black Beauty.  Update on my new voltmeter, it was shipped to the wrong guy!  The seller has tried to get him to send it back so he can get his part and I can get mine, but he's dragging his feet.  I told the seller I'd give them another week, if the part isn't back to them by then, I'll take the refund they offered and buy an alternative I've found.  We'll see.

Mountain Rider

No word on my voltage meter yet.  Got out for a short ride then on to Denny's for breakfast with the GWRRA chapter.  I'm going to start measuring out and cutting the led ground effects lights and getting the wiring run for that.  

yooperfan

When I got off work Wednesday morning, one of my supervisors said I should ride his HD home and then ride it back to work when I came back later that nite.  l  I might have considered it except that I had my wing at work Tuesday nite and it was going to rain Wed nite, meaing I would have to ride my wing home Thursday morning in the rain if I left it at work during the day on Wednesday.  I know that might be confusing to follow.  I found him again a few minutes later and said I would have taken it home if I had my cage there so it would be waiting for me when I got back to work later on Wednesday, but I would take it for a ride.  I had to call hime from the parking lot to find out the secret to starting it and off I went for a little test ride.  His HD doesn't provide as much protection from the wind as the wing, so it was more than just another loud HD, it was also a cold ride.  We might swap rides some day soon, for a RnD, before he moves out of state next month.  I'm sure he will get the better end of the deal.

Don't worry, I will definately convert hime to a wing before he converts me to an HD.

Edited by yooperfan
  • Like 1

Mountain Rider

I finally got Leslie out for a ride today.  All the upgrades and work on Black Beauty over the Winter has made for an incredible ride.  The ride was smooth, quiet, and very, very stable.  We almost caused a drop top cage driver to crash.  The radio was cranked, Leslie was dancing on the back, I'm riding hands off and doing the Dad dance.  We thought the guys head was going to unscrew as he turned to watch us.  The upgrade to the rear preload system which included replacing the OEM rubber hose with a nice new stainless braided one, a new Progressive spring, and fresh oil in the system, made the ride wonderful.  New Progressive springs in the front with new oil as well, combined with a set of MBL risers on the handle bars, and a new 709 front tire, have her handling like a Sport bike.  The new headsets work like  a champ, and since adding the new grounds, there's no longer any buzz or road noise.  I've still got some spiff stuff to do, but she's ride ready at a moments notice for now.  The new stainless shift linkage from DHS arrived today, so tomorrow I'll get that installed and let everyone know how it works.  After todays little ride, we've put another 125 miles on the clock.   :thumbs-up:

• Like 2

Mountain Rider

Got hit in the butt by a car at the stop sign.  :Face-Angry-Sm:

yooperfan

The differential plug came while I was out of town  for a few days.  By the time I got home, it got lost or tossed in the trash.  If it doesn't show up soon, I guess I'll be ordering another one.