Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,330 posts in this topic Last Reply

RogueWing936
1 hour ago, Rampal1955 said:

Finished replacing the following on the new to me trike, timing belts, oil change, replaced all three air filters, new lcd screen, bulbs in dash, new speedometer cable, cleaned all the switches on handlebars, new speakers (front). Getting ready to install my new optic armor windshield and button things up. A big shout out to Cycle Max for helping find a package that the USPS lost...... Ride safe ya'll....

Wow thats a lot of work.... 

NC Aspenwing

Raised the garage door and looked at It, Hope the yard dries out soon!

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Best laid plans, had the grandkids, so Black Beauty got put on the back burner.  

• Like 1

m2102
(edited)

Well I tackled a job wasn’t looking forward to. Changed the air filter. Once I got started on it things went pretty good. Got the old one out and new in muster under 3 hours with a break in there. Went back together real smooth. The pain was relooking the cable in right fairing pocket. Took it out for a test ride to see if everything worked and it did. The old as a little dirty but it was out so put in new. Can’t seem to post a pic but I’ll try and maybe later post one.

Edited by m2102
  • Like 1

m2102

DB9336D8-C49B-4935-A610-76BB3A27D180.thumb.jpeg.02a66ab0541eb1963355e51bae510c87.jpegWill wonders never end. Old and new filter

• Like 1

RogueWing936

I need to do both our Wings... ahhhhhhhh it will wait..lol

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Finally, new brake pads installed, wheel with new front tire installed, front end all assembled, and new amber front turn signals installed with new bulbs.  So, front's done.  Tomorrow after I drop the Grandkids off at school and daycare, it'll be time to pull the seat off and take the shelter apart.  If all goes well, the fuel tank will be out by tomorrow night so I can get the grounds re-done, the new spring on the rear shock, and the pre-load hose replaced Thursday.  Re-assemble Friday, and hopefully ride Saturday.   🤞   Supposed to be in the high 40's this weekend and 50's next week!  :thumbs-up:  

20190312_200137.jpg

20190312_200206.jpg

Edited by Mountain Rider
  • Like 1

RogueWing936
7 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

Finally, new brake pads installed, wheel with new front tire installed, front end all assembled, and new amber front turn signals installed with new bulbs.  So, front's done.  Tomorrow after I drop the Grandkids off at school and daycare, it'll be time to pull the seat off and take the shelter apart.  If all goes well, the fuel tank will be out by tomorrow night so I can get the grounds re-done, the new spring on the rear shock, and the pre-load hose replaced Thursday.  Re-assemble Friday, and hopefully ride Saturday.   🤞   Supposed to be in the high 40's this weekend and 50's next week!  :thumbs-up:  

20190312_200137.jpg

20190312_200206.jpg

Sounds Like a plan.....

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Tied up with the Grandkids a bit today, so I didn't get as far as planned.  Still started getting the shelter disassembled and the seat removed.  My new ground block arrived this evening, so first thing in the morning it gets mounted and the ground wires start making their way to be connected. 

RogueWing936, Thanks for your service.  What year did you retire?

Edited by Mountain Rider
  • Like 1

RogueWing936
5 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

Tied up with the Grandkids a bit today, so I didn't get as far as planned.  Still started getting the shelter disassembled and the seat removed.  My new ground block arrived this evening, so first thing in the morning it gets mounted and the ground wires start making their way to be connected. 

RogueWing936, Thanks for your service.  What year did you retire?

2002...  Next week Im starting maintenance on my wife trike wing, new front tire, coolant and air filter..

Mountain Rider

Shelter's off, fuel tank is out, rear shock is out and the new spring and braided hose are installed.  I'll clean and bleed the pre-load system, and hopefully reinstall the whole thing in the bike tonight.  The ground has been cleaned and another ground wire from the battery negative terminal to the main ground lug is in place.  Hoping this will improve the whole ground system and remove the buzz we had in the intercom.  Tomorrow, the fuel tank goes back in and everything gets anchored back down.  Shelter should be back on tomorrow night.  Monday morning the brake fluids get changed and bled, afternoon is cleaning time, doing the fluff and buff.

Ghost Rider 2

You are not going to have any retirement jobs to do on bike,  You going to have them all done. 

Mountain Rider

Yeah, I know.  Actually, my retirement job will be riding her.  I'll still have a couple little things to do.  The lower cowl is pretty beat up with the chrome peeling in a couple places.  I plan on pulling it off, smoothing it out as best I can and applying a coating of bed liner to it.  The black will blend with the rest of the bike, and it will be protected forever.  I also plan on powder coating the lower exhaust covers black as well.  This will wrap the engine and frame area, leaving them to accent the black bike.  Some chrome on the front end and the chrome exhaust make her shiny coming and going with that black ghost in between.  I may even pick up a second wind screen for the Madstad, in dark smoke, for the days I want to look intimidating.  :wink-sm: 

I need to give a shout out to Action Motorsports in Idaho Falls, Idaho.  I bought a spring compression tool to do the new Progressive rear shock spring, only to find out it doesn't work on the Goldwing.:sad-face:    I was able to get the old spring off using a set of spring compressors for McPherson struts, but they just didn't have the big ones to get the new spring on.  I made a panic call to Action, asking what they would stick me to finish installing the spring.  The answer was a minimum of a half hour, so about $48, and if I could get it to them that day they'd try and fit it in.  Made the mad dash and gave it to Jake at the service desk.  He took it back and gave it to one of the techs, so I took a seat to see if I would go home with or without it.  About 10 minutes later, Jake came out and handed me my shock, spring all installed, tensioner clocked to perfection, and told me to have a nice day.  I asked what I owed and he simply said "have a nice day, ride safe".  I even offered to give the tech a $20, but no they wouldn't think of it.  So, to Jake and the guys at Action Motorsports, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!  :thumbs-up:

Edited by Mountain Rider

RogueWing936

OK,OK,OK you talked me into it I started with wife's trike front tire, got it off moved on to the air cleaner got that done... Oh wait lets do the coolant, what do you know motortrike bolts through the lower clip for the aqua wings, oh yeah as if it wasn't a big enough pain in the back side now I get to start unbolting that.... 

Edited by RogueWing936

Mountain Rider

Well, I almost got it done.  Managed to get everything done short of  getting the shelter anchored down.  So I'll finish that up in the morning and move on to the brakes.  I'm glad I tackled this when I did.  The reservoir for the pre-load system was almost empty and what came out was contaminated.  Got it all cleaned and refilled, filled the chamber on the top of the shock, and filled the new braided hose before connecting them all together.  Tomorrow I'll cycle the pre-load system several times to make sure the air is out of the system.   She's going to ride like a new bike!  New tires, new springs front and rear, new front wheel bearings, new brake pads, and a bunch of new fluids.  I'm ready to ride.  :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

DONE!  I got her all back together and took her out for a test ride and fuel up. Didn't go far, 6 miles round trip, but the new front tire and up graded suspension make her ride like a new bike. You'd never know there's a car tire on the rear, she's that good. To all those folks that recommended the Progressive rear spring, thank you, thank you, thank you!  That and the Bridgestone 709 on the front, OMG, she handles like a Sport bike. The extra ground wire I added has completely eliminated the buzz we had in the intercom. There's a couple other things I want to do, add risers to the handle bars, I'm replacing the broken emergency flasher switch, and I may install a stubby antenna so the big whip is out of the way when we put the cover on. For now, she's ready to ride. 

Ghost Rider 2

Great way to start retirement.   With a bike that feels like new.

yooperfan

yooperfan

I rolled the wing out of hibernation and tried to use a fancy wrench to remove the rounded off rear differential fill plug, with no success.  Plan B, a hammer and chisel to the outer edge of the plug worked with ease.  I gave the wing a good cleaning.   Later tonight, I'll order a new plug and wait for it to arrive before changing the gear lube.  

Ghost Rider 2

If you want one sooner I have one in the package in my shop.

Ghost Rider 2

Make sure you  lube the oring when it goes back together. and don't let your son tighten it again.

Mountain Rider

Did a quick fluff and buff, then took her out for a ride.  She's got 75 brand new miles on the clock.  

Mountain Rider

Pulling the lower cowl tonight.  We're going to smooth it up and throw a coat of bed liner on it.  Cheaper than buying a new one.

• Like 1

RogueWing936

Indianawantsme

Front cowl is off for antifreeze and clutch fluid replacement.  Installing speed bleeder on slave cylinder. 

Have to fix timing cover leak ever since local dealer replaced pulse generator under warranty. 

Found a gasket 3hrs away and driving my Civic to get it.  Don't feel like waiting until Tuesday for one to come in if I order one. 

• Like 1