Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,242 posts in this topic Last Reply

NC Aspenwing

Rode to Maggie Valley today to attend the GWRRA wings over the smokies rally.

Hanging out at the motel with the wife now, will be heading home tomorrow.

yooperfan

I rode to Joliet to meet MrsY at an appointment.  It was a quick trip of 55 miles.

m2102

Not wing related but on our way home from California after 2 weeks tending to the grand young uns. We going back about middle of March and if I can swing it we , or at least me and momma flies, want to take bike out.

yooperfan

I rode to Kenosha and Racine Wisconsin today to check out a couple of cages.  I made use of a few alphabet roads after crossing into Wisconsin.  The temp stayed at 59* most of the day, but managed to reach 64* for  few minutes.  Total ride was 260 miless.

brianinpa

A few weeks ago, my 87 took a nap and it broke the windscreen.  I put a shortened version on it, so last night I put on a new full size windscreen.

Monkeytrucker
On 10/2/2018 at 11:00 PM, yooperfan said:

I made use of a few alphabet roads after crossing into Wisconsin.  

Back in 1965 we were seating the rings on our Bobsy Formula Vee.  The owner drove it without any body work up to Avon, WS and I drove it back toward Beloit on County Road J.  Having met a county deputy coming my way I put the pedal to the metal.  It would run a touch over 100 but sitting down next to the ground cross roads were hard to catch.  Seeing the red revolving light way back heading my way I pulled off into a farm lane because I could see a silo.  I cut horse weeds to cover the car behind the silo, broke the knife and cut my hand and still have the scar today.

It took us well into the night to get it back home, get the body back on it and loaded onto the trailer then be on the road to the Wilmot Ski hills race course. 

So County Road J has a great memory for both Estella and I as she and Don's wife made regular runs out that way, using different cars from the dealership in Beloit, till they did not see any more squad cars in the area.

RogueWing936

Installed Centramatics... 

Indianawantsme

New front tire and felt weird with new round tire.  lol         Rode it for a few miles to scuff in.

Ordered a Kuryakyn fork brace late  8:30pm  Tues and received it today at 11am.   Dennis Kirk on ebay.  That was fast.

Installed it and does make a big difference in handling.      

Monkeytrucker
16 hours ago, Indianawantsme said:

New front tire and felt weird with new round tire.  lol         Rode it for a few miles to scuff in.

Ordered a Kuryakyn fork brace late  8:30pm  Tues and received it today at 11am.   Dennis Kirk on ebay.  That was fast.

Installed it and does make a big difference in handling.      

But will Roweena ride with you when you are pushing it around curves when you put a fork brace to the test?  I bet not...

Indianawantsme

She rode with me on Tail of the Dragon on the old 88 years ago and laying it over for the curves.   Wore off some of the tires sides that hadn't been worn much.

Mountain Rider

Took Black Beauty out for one more ride, not a long one, but fun.  Tomorrow she gets pulled into the garage so I can pull the front wheel.  I'll be replacing the front springs with the progressives, installing the new front brake pads, and prepping for installation of the new rear spring.  I'm extremely annoyed with the buzz in the intercom, so I'll search all the ground connections while the fuel tank is out.  If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to consider going with BT for my helmets.  The stereo has always been great, but the intercom has been plagued with the buzz and excessive wind noise from the mics.  Very tiring on a long trip.

pwhoever
18 hours ago, Mountain Rider said:

Took Black Beauty out for one more ride, not a long one, but fun.  Tomorrow she gets pulled into the garage so I can pull the front wheel.  I'll be replacing the front springs with the progressives, installing the new front brake pads, and prepping for installation of the new rear spring.  I'm extremely annoyed with the buzz in the intercom, so I'll search all the ground connections while the fuel tank is out.  If that doesn't fix it, I'll have to consider going with BT for my helmets.  The stereo has always been great, but the intercom has been plagued with the buzz and excessive wind noise from the mics.  Very tiring on a long trip.

When you get to the main ground, remove the bolt and clean up the threads on the bolt and inside where the bolt goes into. That is where most of the problems are caused because the bolt does not make a good connection in the hole. That should help tremendously with the whine...

Mountain Rider

Got started on the project. Got the front wheel off and the forks draining. New springs and fork oil standing by. :SmileyTooth:

Pictures of the new parts and bad bearings. 

20181009_185925.jpg

20181009_190050.jpg

20181009_190120.jpg

Mountain Rider

Plugged the Battery Doc into the Aspy and started clearing the garage so I have Winter space for both my girls. I also started building a shadow board for all the bike tools. I got tired of digging through the tool bag. :wink-sm:

NC Aspenwing

Changed the oil In the wing and then took the wife

to DQ for a blizzard.

• Like 1

Jstkraze

Well on Tuesday we took off work and rode to Pymatuning Lake to the spillway to feed the carp. A truely unique experience. Then we went to have lunch in Andover Ohio at the Covered Bridge Pizza restaurant then headed for home. All said we were able to put 250 miles and smiles on the Wing. It’s been so rainy here lately.

26511253-698C-4832-978A-BF9D43E75870.jpeg

4F7C588E-5968-4F57-B3E4-2ADA253CB977.jpeg

80712433-3922-47D2-A377-64F37D368E2F.jpeg

4EB7D34E-26E9-43D0-A6A9-3753165D79E5.jpeg

26227D8F-5E5F-49EC-895A-8EFF90151AA3.jpeg

BF54BF90-FA79-4ADA-80D5-F6B90D86503E.jpeg

17AB6048-70B4-4030-9F48-AB7F07062463.jpeg

02184D57-58BB-42E4-A3D4-0F3BB8FBD634.jpeg

4250D27F-2929-4658-991A-63480F10BE78.jpeg

1559CF9A-6DA3-4C39-9B02-DF8961189D15.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Surprise 1

yooperfan

Thursday, I left home before the sun came up and rode to the range to shoot for work requals.  I was back home after lunch and did some yard work before taking the wing out again for a few miles to nowhere.  Total for the day was 60 miles.