Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,267 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

I'm charging the headset for a 3 hour ride to Kalamazoo, Mi. tomorrow to see Miss-Y.  She misses getting to go for rides (and seeing me, too), so I'm planning on riding there to take her for a RnD with some scenic roads before and heading back home.  Unfortunately, the forecast isn't looking good and she's a fair weather passenger, so I might end up taking the cage. 

yooperfan

Charging the headset didn't seem to work.  The power light doesn't go on except to flicker as I switch from on to off.  Second thing is that Miss-Y isn't feeling well and said I shouldn't come today, even though the weather seems to have made a window long enough to have let us stay dry.  So far today, all I did to the wing was to pack it for the trip and then unpack it after I got the bad news.

Mountain Rider

Rode it to work and home, then ordered the headlight modulator and some new grommets. 

RogueWing936

Well I had Fred Harman install the final piece of my Traxxion suspension, we are now fully Traxxionized... 

• Like 1

yooperfan
(edited)

Thursday, I cleanded the wing before MrsY and I rode in town to run a few errands.  It starteed to sprinkle a little while we were in the last store, just enough to wet the wing and the streets.  Total ride was only 5 miles, but at least we got out on 2 wheels.

Edited by yooperfan

RogueWing936

Put a few hundred on today testing out the new rear suspension, massive difference

yooperfan
(edited)

Today was a busy day.  With all the time we have spent camping over the last few weeks, the wing has been feeling left out, so I made up for lost time today.  I started by doing some more cleaning.  The bugs must have superglue for blood, because they were stuck on pretty good.  I had plans to meet a co-worker and ride to Iowa, but he had things that didn't allow enough time, so I suggested Indiana instead.  His day ran out of time before he could go, so I rode there alone.  I was following my internal GPS (AKA following the sun), and managed to get back home before running out of gas or daylight.  Last was installing my backrest to help with a 6 or 7 day ride around the UP of Michigan, and including Wisconsin, lower Michigan, and Indiana. The trip starts in the weee hours tuesday morning and ends either sunday or monday next week.  I also put the real GPS in the side pocket in case I need it.  The day ended after 185 smiles of clear blue sky riding.

Edited by yooperfan

Mountain Rider

Received the new Pirelli P1 and the headlight modulator today.  I was all set to get the modulator installed when I read the fine print, " must have the appropriate plug and play adapter harness to install this on your bike".  :facebook-reactions-sm:  So...…...the appropriate harness has been ordered.   

yooperfan

I finished packing the wing monday night , then it was kickstand up at 4 AM tuesday morning for a great 8 hour ride that passed through Wisconsin on the way to the UP of Michigan.  The ride ended after 450 miles.  Before dinner, my friend and I took a drive through the campground to see if any wings were there yet.

Wednesday, my friend took me out for an afternoon of riding ATVs, then I rode the wing to dinner and to visit more friends.  

Its a good thing I carry wood squares to put under the kickstand, since the sandy gravel parking lots are no match for the wing.  The problem is trying to get to the wood before the wing tips over.  After parking at the campground in Ishpeming, the kickstand instantly sank over an inch and wasn't going to stop.  I kicked some extra gravel under the kickstand with no success and there was no chance of letting go of the handlebars to reach the trunk release to get the wood, so I had no choice but to strain enough to get back on and ride to the pavement to park it.  I had the same issue at my friend's house where I'm staying, so I put a pice of wood on the gravel driveway so I could park long enought to open the garage door.  I brought the bike cover but I'm not going to need it since they let me park in the garage.  

The rain needs to stop today, so I can go out on the ATV again after lunch and ride the wing later, after other wingers pull into town.

RogueWing936

New Seat.....

New Seat 2.jpg

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Scott, that is gorgeous!  I don't know who you had do that, but you found the top of the mountain. 

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Well, I got the Pirelli P1 mounted this evening, piece of cake.  The ride difference between it and the Hankook is night and day.  Ride is very smooth, and applying power through a corner is like riding a bullet bike, no wobble, just a smooth powerful turn.  The P1 is number one in my book.

m2102
19 hours ago, yooperfan said:

I finished packing the wing monday night , then it was kickstand up at 4 AM tuesday morning for a great 8 hour ride that passed through Wisconsin on the way to the UP of Michigan.  The ride ended after 450 miles.  Before dinner, my friend and I took a drive through the campground to see if any wings were there yet.

Wednesday, my friend took me out for an afternoon of riding ATVs, then I rode the wing to dinner and to visit more friends.  

Its a good thing I carry wood squares to put under the kickstand, since the sandy gravel parking lots are no match for the wing.  The problem is trying to get to the wood before the wing tips over.  After parking at the campground in Ishpeming, the kickstand instantly sank over an inch and wasn't going to stop.  I kicked some extra gravel under the kickstand with no success and there was no chance of letting go of the handlebars to reach the trunk release to get the wood, so I had no choice but to strain enough to get back on and ride to the pavement to park it.  I had the same issue at my friend's house where I'm staying, so I put a pice of wood on the gravel driveway so I could park long enought to open the garage door.  I brought the bike cover but I'm not going to need it since they let me park in the garage.  

The rain needs to stop today, so I can go out on the ATV again after lunch and ride the wing later, after other wingers pull into town.

When I was on 2wheels to get away from sinking the side stand I took a metal round electrical box cover and tied a string to it.  Easy enough to place under stand while on bike and just lift it up with the string and store in the fairing pocket.

AZgl1800

Made the ole girl ride home from NASR on a trailer 😫

but, my body sure was glad!  100* at home, and 98* at the Missouri/Oklahoma state line....

contrast that to 64* when I left the hotel at 04:15 AM, 69* when I went thru Louisville, and I thought, hmmmm, maybe it will be a nice day for the guys riding home.....

but, Andy and Chuck are staying in Sikeston, MO tonight, they had to quit when it just plain got too hot.

Mountain Rider

Pulled the front tire tonight, broke it down, removed the air soft beads, replaced the valve stem, remounted the tire, and installed the Ride-on.  The ride home was the smoothest I've seen on this bike.  I think I finally got it right.  :thumbs-up:

AZgl1800

no pictures, so it happen.......... camera_original.gif, right!!! tango_face_surprise.png

unloaded the ole girl from the trailer she rode home on from NASR-11

my daughter Cynthia helped me with the straps, and when it was ready to back off the trailer, I said " why don't you take the bike to the house, and I will drive the car and trailer back home " tango_face_devil.png

she was quick on the tongue, it rained last night,

and she said " You just don't want to get your pants wet " ROFL.gif

NC Aspenwing

Finished unpacking the bike and trailer from the NASR-11 trip.

Time to start thinking about Knoxville and WingDing  Labor day Weekend.

Indianawantsme
(edited)

I drove truck an hour to meet the guy I bought a Unigo from. He drove 3.

Cleaned it and waxed it.  Found some problems that need to be fixed.  

Have to get wiring and adapter for Wing yet.  

Edited by Indianawantsme
  • Like 2

NC Aspenwing
1 hour ago, Indianawantsme said:

I drove truck an hour to meet the guy I bought a Unigo from. He drove 3.

Cleaned it and waxed it.  Found some problems that need to be fixed.  

Have to get wiring and adapter for Wing yet.  

What NO picture! We want to see.

Indianawantsme

Okay. It didn't happen without a pic so here is one of it.

Unigo-red.jpg

Monkeytrucker
1 hour ago, Indianawantsme said:

Okay. It didn't happen without a pic so here is one of it.

Unigo-red.jpg

Moderator...  This might be a Fake Photo!

Well since it is in focus Roweena must have taken it.  Nice looking trailer.

yooperfan

I made it home from the UP yesterday.  My butt and knees are still sore but my back is good by my pain scale.  I think I will leave the back rest off for future long trips and always.  It's hard to get my leg up with it in the way and it gets even harder after a long ride.

Tuesday, the kickstand was up at 4 AM and it was down at noon 450 miles later.

Wednesday and Thursday, I had time to ride to visit family and friends, and to eat, plus an afternoon of atv riding.  I also stopped at the campground to meet some of the friends I would be riding with over the weekend.  Total miles for the 2 days was 160.

Friday, I was one of 8 bikes that headed east with a lil rain throughout some of the day.  One bike picked up a 16 penny nail in the rear tire.  The bike has TPMS that showed 24 PSI instead of the original 40 PSI, so it was caught eary enough that no damage was done.  The tire was plugged and we continued with no issues.  The ride started in Maquette and included Munising, Grand Marais, Newberry, and Paradise.  I rode extra after the main ride was done for a total of 455 miles.

Saturday, I was one of 10 riders that went for breakfast but only nine riders continued for a ride west.  The ride included Baraga, Houghton, Copper Harbor, Brockway Drive and Eagle Harbor.  We encountered a side street that was 2 or 3 blocks long and about as steep as a ski jump landing hill, with a stop sign at the top, for cross traffic.  That's what happens when the lead bike misreads google maps instead of just following the road signs.  Some riders and bikes struggled, one had a smoking, slipping clutch, a weak rear brake, and a downhill sliding front tire.  It was definately a 1st gear hill, but a granny gear would have been even better.  Luckily, no one was riding 2 up.  The kidney punches and screaming in the ears would not have stopped.  A tip over was a strong possibility and would have resembled a bowling ball making a strike with bikes and riders flying everywhere.  My day ended after 340 miles of sunshine.  I packed the wing later that night while fighting sweat and mosquitoes.

Sunday, the kickstand was up at 8 AM and back down at 4 PM.  I headed straight home to avoid the forecasted rain that never happened.  The day ended after 445 miles of mostly sunshine.

I crammed in as much fun as I could over 6 1/2 days, including 1850 miles of riding. 

Luckily, I have 4 days to recuperate before going back to work.  I'll be going back up there in 3 weeks with my ATV and camper, and MrsY plans to go too.

yooperfan
(edited)

I know, without pics, it didn't happen.  I'm way ahead of you.

6a58b9081b283cb80205a91578fceeea.jpg 

0aabd1526021f16b187f13dd02d20a99.jpg

82be8aa04075a09005cc7164d24eb430.jpg

e61b41d20be65559e5cc3797d7b92746.jpg

b88be4cc52fa83750e09d3d3db4b097b.jpg

cce39787164eba1af9993aabe414dd6b.jpg

Edited by yooperfan
double pic post

Mountain Rider
(edited)

Leslie and I climbed aboard and headed to Yellowstone, yesterday. It was a beautiful but very hot ride, with temps topping around 95. Grabbed lunch at Micky D's, cruised around town, then headed into the Park. Instead of heading toward Old Faithful, we turned toward Mammoth and Noris. Plenty of twisties to test the P1 on. It proved itself several times through the turns. One in particular got me a smack in the back when my floor board scrapped the pavement. Black Beauty was perfect all day. We even got to watch a couple tourist try to make the news by getting trampled by a big Buffalo. They walked through the tall grass to within 100 feet, and looked as if they wanted to get closer. Fortunately, the big Buff turned away and the idiots returned to their car. 

Other that that, the scenery was magnificent. Another 325 miles on the clock. :SmileyTooth:

20180715_164547.jpg

20180715_154342.jpg

20180715_153127.jpg

Edited by Mountain Rider

yooperfan

MrsY and I rode to a water park for the afternoon.  I asked her if she liked my backrest and she had a mixed reaction.  It was better in some ways, like it keeps my backside from touching her frontside and causing us both to sweat, but the chrome bracket rubbed on her leg.  Her vote was to remove it, which is good because I only put it on for my trip and plan to remove it soon.  My foot was dragging on the seat or tank trying to swing it over to get on or off.  Total ride was 65 miles.