Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 T-Shirt Orders Have CLOSED!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,061 posts in this topic Last Reply

Monkeytrucker

After Nurse Nellie left I went out and wiped pretty cat cat tracks of the seat.  Stupid me I forgot to cover the seats.

Then The Bride helped me hook up the trailer to Frankentruck so I can go to get the mower from the shop where they are replacing the deck due to the paint coming off.  Then she wanted to take a slow ride on the Big Red 3 wheeler.  Highlight of the short ride was a BIG wild Tom turkey walked out of the corn field and without worrying much about us he slowly walked across the road and into the woods.  First we have seen for a couple years.  The coyotes dined on them and also the rabbits in the area.  Coyotes moved on 2 years ago because their meals were scarce.  So now the turkeys and rabbits are being seen again.  Also deer.

Maybe we will get a ride in after the nurse leaves  on Sat or Sun.

Mountain Rider

Got the sat radio installed. :SmileyTooth:

brianinpa
Rode my 87 to my parents house so I could take my mom to the hospital... it seems my dad decided to day dream while riding his Helix and lost control in a turn. Looks like it's time for the 75 year old to hang up his helmet... 

The good news is, he only has some back and neck pain... for now. The bad news is, looks like I am adding a slightly damaged Helix to my fleet. Not quite the way I wanted to get it.

Monkeytrucker
30 minutes ago, brianinpa said:
Rode my 87 to my parents house so I could take my mom to the hospital... it seems my dad decided to day dream while riding his Helix and lost control in a turn. Looks like it's time for the 75 year old to hang up his helmet... 

The good news is, he only has some back and neck pain... for now. The bad news is, looks like I am adding a slightly damaged Helix to my fleet. Not quite the way I wanted to get it.

Having gone thru telling 2 parents they need to stop driving and one was a disaster.  My Mother threw a shoe and my sister sided with her.  Mom was mad at me for several months.  When she got out of the rehab nursing home her drivers license had expired.  So she had to take her driving test all over.  When the test examiner told her to back up and turn right..  Well it is a story they still talk about, she backed up alright, right thru the parking lot, across a busy highway and into the parking lot of the business across the road.  They parked her right there and walked her back to the office.  Her and my sister had to realize she was not capable of driving.  She was in dementia already and she was upset with me up until she died.

So my suggestion is not to tell Dad he has to hang it up, just gently nudge him into making that decision on his own. 

The harder my kids try to get us to hang up our helmets the more we want to keep that freedom.

• Like 1

brianinpa

Gary, he said he is done, so no need to nudge...

Monkeytrucker

Problem solved.  Hope he mends soon.

• Like 1

NC Aspenwing

Brian glad to hear your dad wasn't hurt any worse.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

I have probably told this story before but I thing it fits here.  We were at my grandparents and my uncle Bill (by marriage) had his WWII surplus motorcycle.  Well his uncle Bill who had been the town blacksmith/inventor walked up.  He had cast, built and made run a gasoline back around the late 1800s/  He had mounted it on a carriage and drove it around.  Back to the story, he saw the motorcycle and said he wanted to ride it.  Everyone there was against it but "Uncle Billy" (everyone in town called him that) got on and off he went.  About a half hour later Uncle Billy came back all skinned up.  He said he would never ride one again.  Uncle Billy had to be in his 90s at that time. 

AZgl1800

she said she didn't want to stay home, so she has been following us around all over the country, to Kansas, Colorado, and other places..... she made me a nice thing to enjoy at our stops..... spent a week up in the Colorado mountains....

AgJ9pkx.jpg

We are in Dodge City, KS tonight, heading back towards home.

kYDdHso.jpg

We stayed last night in Lamar, CO after fighting some extremely strong winds.....

This morning, woke up to more of the same.... it took us 5 hours to make 153 miles into more of those vicious winds..... my Suburban is a bit underpowered for this task, it is a 4x4  K1500 with a 350 CI engine.... I retuned it for more torque and better tranny shifting, but still,  a diesel it ain't.... I sure do miss my '98 Dodge dually with the big Cummins engine with 4.11 axles, it was a 4x4 also.  it would climb 9% grades w/o slowing down pulling this rig.

yooperfan

MrsY and I rode to Marseilles to listen to the band that ended the festivities of the freedom run to the wall.  We didn't get home from a camping trip early enough to make the ride to the wall, but we still wanted to go.  I don't know what the rest of the day was like, but the crowd of about 2,000 bikes from previous years was down to less than 20 by the time we got there at 6:30 pm, and there were no vendors, so I couldn't buy an event shirt like I have in previous years. We headed to Boondocks Marina in Seneca for dinner.  It's weird that a marina is a popular biker bar.  The parking lot is often filled with bikes on a nice weekend and today was no different.  The ride ended after 40 miles with the sun setting in my mirrors.

Mountain Rider

Leslie had a yard sale yesterday and some friends came over to help.  Their kids were really interested in Black Beauty, so I wound up giving rids around the block.  Big smiles all around.  We finally convinced their mom to go for a ride as well, she giggled the entire time.  Seems her Step Father had a Harley and would take her riding into town for ice cream all the time.  She was absolutely thrilled.  Then came hubby, who swore he was just to fat and was afraid he would tip us over.  Much pushing later, he climbed aboard and off we went. His was the biggest smile of the bunch.

Today was a very special day though.  Rode into work to deliver a rental RV to Greg Biffle and his family.  Yep, that Greg Biffle.  He and some other drivers (not to be named) are spending a few days playing in the sand.  Very down to earth guy, and a handshake was all I needed.  Didn't want to pester a guy just trying to spend some fun time with family and friends.  By the way, the Sirius XM radio works great!