Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker
  • NASR 11 Store Is Open!!!
  • Times running out!!! Order your NASR 11 Items NOW!!!
  • NEW NEW NEW...Official NAGF Flags Now Avaialble In Our Online Store!!!
  • Two Sizes Available!!!
  • Quantities are limited, Order NOW!!!
  • Click on the NAGF Online Store!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

2,968 posts in this topic Last Reply

yooperfan

Yesterday, I rode to meet up with Mike and we rode to meet up with Jerry, then we all rode to Gibson City for lunch.  After a 3 hour lunch, I was almost ready for dinner.  The temp topped out at 68*, which was warmer than forecasted and the wind was a handful.  Total miles for the day reached 180.

Today, I rode to meet MrsY for lunch.  It was a shorter ride, only 50 miles.  The temp reched 78* and it was still windy.  

After I take a few more minutes to relax, I'm going to ride to the DMV to renew my wing and cage lincense plate stickers and make a quick stop at the store to pick up things needed for dinner.

If riding days like this continue, I'll have my summer tan by May.

yooperfan

After riding to get my plate sticker, I put it on.  After dinner, MrsY was ready for her first ride of the season, so I rolled the wing out of the garage for the third time today and we took a slow cruise to Seneca and back, using a couple different routes.  The temp dropped from 75* to 68* real fast, so a 25 mile trip was just long enough to get rid of the winter blues for her.

NC Aspenwing

Taking It In tomorrow for the yearly State Inspection.

NC Aspenwing

Went and got the state Inspection taken care of came home and picked up the wife and headed out for supper.

Of course we ended up four counties away from home to eat. Sure felt good to get some much needed seat time In

other than just riding to the store. 184 miles today just to find somewhere to eat, we enjoyed every mile.

Monkeytrucker

NOT A DARN THING.  Climate Change is dropping more rain on us.  Farmers are getting very antsy and those with the tracked machines are putting anhydrous in their fields.  Dreary day to say the least.

the new adventures of gilligan rain GIF by Warner Archive

AZgl1800

no fun here either

yuck!

Wx.png

Mountain Rider

Woohoo, I let the Aspy out for some fresh air tonight.  Rode her to the gas station to fill that tank back up.  I'll ride her to work tomorrow to get the new radiator mounting bolt tacked in place, and tomorrow night the lower fairings get put back on.  Weather report says Upper 60's this weekend, so there may be a short ride in the forecast.  :jumping-for-joy-smiley-emoticon:  The installation of the new timing belts worked miracles, she runs like a dream.  Smooth and fast.  :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:  Got the new front brake light switch installed also.  Very nice!!!

Edited by Mountain Rider

Mountain Rider

Two days in a row, can we make it three?  Got the lower radiator mounting bolt replaced, and was able to mount up the horn brackets. 

Monkeytrucker

Weather is just perfect for riding this weekend.  I KNEW IT WOULD BE!

We were finishing the clean up of the tree we had cut to a 20' tall spike and was getting to the bigger stuff I had sawed into 24" sections.  I guess I pulled something or compressed one of the bad disc in my back.  Spent yesterday morning in a MD office for another matter and he slipped out that I had a prescription of muscle relaxers prescribed by another MD.  By the time I went to the hardware store, the farm store and got home I was ready for a pill.  Being a normal person can take 2 and being a little larger I took 3.  Not saying was high but they sure relieved most of the pain. Today I was repairing the water pipes that froze in the greenhouse and bent over to pick up a dropped piece.  Just about had to start screaming for Estella.  One side effect of these pills is the great thirst they create.   Now I need to get the pain center to do a back injection and hope it still works.

So one perfect weekend to ride the clean wing is shot to HE double hockey sticks.  Maybe Steve, Indianawantsme, over near Jasper will get his beautiful and super nice wife and ride a couple extra miles for us.

Indianawantsme

Hey Gary.  You better quit hurting yourself so you can ride. 

Rowena and I will get plenty of riding in when we go to Tucson. 

I just rode into town for an errand and to test out MBL 1803s risers that narrow the distance between grips to be more like my 88 Wing.  I had MBL 1803w that had kept the original distance apart but my back still hurt.  I thought i better try something before the trip to Tucson in May.  Seems to help but feels  like i have less leverage since they are narrower.  Time will tell.  

Testing Lucas 20w50 synthetic motorcycle oil just because i want to.  It shifts smoother and needs more miles and time to evaluate. Lucas tech said it flows better than ANY   20w50 out there.   I checked specs on it and others and it does test as flowing faster.  Still not like a 10w40 though.  It will definitely be hot enough in Arizona when we get there.   

I want to try synthetic motorcycle Mobil 4T 10w40 also or whatever it is called..  I would have bought it when it was on sale but i had the Lucas bought already.  Tried several other oils already since i had them here.  88 loved Delo.  This Wing does not. 

Maybe later in the year for the Mobil.   

Washed  the Wing and put Top Coat on to make that red really shine.   

AZgl1800

it don't matter how hot the outside temps are, the engine runs pretty much at the same temperature.

I lived in Arizona for 20 years, and my 1500s ran at the same temps pretty much year around.

Mountain Rider

Well, she's all back together........finally.  Tomorrow she gets a fluff and buff, and then we go for a ride. 

• Like 2

m2102

Had a nice ride to lunch with mysticfour, Ron, Yooperfan, and me and my wife Terri. Mel's diner was a nice quiet hole in the wall place to est. Afterwards went and picked Tons wife and ride to prairie wildlife park. It was a good day all around.

• Like 1

yooperfan

My riding started at 6:30 am.  There was an "end of outage" bash near work, so i decided to go there for a couple of hours before heading south to Pontiac to meet up with Mike and Terri.  We rode to East Peoria to meet up with Ron for lunch at Mels cafe.  I don't know who came up with the idea of using a glazed donut as a bun for a bacon cheese burger, the Troy burger, but I didn't have to think twice about ordering it when I saw it on the menu (yesterday, online, so I could see it without my glasses).   It sounds like the perfect answer to a lite brunch item, a little bit of breakfast combined with a little bit of lunch.  We almost got kicked out after almost 3 hours, so they could close for the day.  After Ron picked up Sarah, we rode to the Prairie center.  It was nice to get out like that and add a few extra miles for the day and the timing was good for me since spring and summer alergy season hasn't kicked in yet, so there was a silver lining to the chill in the air.  The temp started at 43* and reached 63* after  lunch.  It was back down to 53* by the time I got back home, 12 hours and 290 miles after I started.  The best way to make today even better, is to repeat it.

Mountain Rider

Yesterday I made the Aspy jealous when I went and looked at her new stable mate. To make her feel better, I rode her to work today. :wink-sm:

AZgl1800

Left her in the shop, took the car and my daughter rode with me to meet up with

Lopeha

DaveO430

LarryC

Randal ( Larry's friend CTX1300 )

at Queen Wilhelmina Lodge State Park, AR

NC Aspenwing

Put my new License sticker on today, Other than that nothing as

the monsoons have returned to the area.

Indianawantsme

New front tire today and I had inspected the front pads 1300 miles ago and only half worn at 15300 miles.  Now at 16600 the left side pad set is worn crooked with one side of pad only about 1/16" left.   Sure NOT many miles on this Wing but things have been going wrong since i got it with only 1600miles on it.  Now i have to take it apart further and lube the pins and make sure the pistons are not binding.  Need to clean them up anyhow before i put new pads on.  Sure didn't expect this but glad i needed a new front tire before Tucson trip and caught it now.        

Ordered some ceramic pads from Sixity here in Indiana to try.  Should be here Friday. 

I had a set of EBC on the rear of my 88 but went back to OEM and much better. 

I  heard good things about Sixity and the price is ridiculously low for a complete set so i ordered 2 and got $5 off for first time buyer. $34.71 with tax(Indiana) for 2 sets.      I should get my money's worth if they are any good at all.  The 2 employees i talked with in the last 2 days weren't very knowledgeable about motorcycles.    

I have ceramic pads on front of my Civic from Advance Auto and they work well.  Not sure how long they will last . Need to check how many miles i have them.