Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,141 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ghost Rider 2

Well with temps in the mid 50's and sunny Monday afternoon.  I just had to take little trip around the block.  Block was little large  200 miles.,.   Had a great afternoon.

NC Aspenwing

Sure feels to get that first ride of year In.............Right Jerry?

Indianawantsme

60 something degrees today and got the Wing through my neighbors yard and onto blacktop.  Bunch of errands to do and put on about 40 miles.

Beautiful day.   Wish i could have rode farther.  

Rain for the next 2 days and won't get out for a while again with a soggy yard in the forecast.

Really have to watch for the gravel on the roads.  

Ghost Rider 2
8 hours ago, Indianawantsme said:

60 something degrees today and got the Wing through my neighbors yard and onto blacktop.  Bunch of errands to do and put on about 40 miles.

Beautiful day.   Wish i could have rode farther.  

Rain for the next 2 days and won't get out for a while again with a soggy yard in the forecast.

Really have to watch for the gravel on the roads.  

It was good day to ride.  And yes gravel is everywhere.  

Ghost Rider 2

Made a ride to lunch today with Mike (m2102)  Everyone congratulate him.  First good ride for him since his knee surgery.  And he did   GREAT!!! 

• Haha 1
  • Yay 1

Ghost Rider 2

Well took the 02 out for a little more fun today.  Starved Rock stat p[ark area.    Visited some friends and ended up with 190 miles.  Forecast is OK for tomorrow and Sunday.  I burning vacation time so ride when I can.

m2102
(edited)
On 2/28/2018 at 6:03 PM, Ghost Rider 2 said:

Made a ride to lunch today with Mike (m2102)  Everyone congratulate him.  First good ride for him since his knee surgery.  And he did   GREAT!!! 

Awww stop. Making me blush. It did feel good getting on the trike. Got a little ways to go yet for extended rides but I'm getting there.

Edited by m2102

Monkeytrucker
5 hours ago, m2102 said:

Awww stop. Making me blush. It did feel good getting on the trike. Got a little ways to go yet for extended rides but I'm getting there.

Fantastic Mike,  glad you had fun and a milestone all wrapped up in one event.

angry homer simpson GIF

Halfling

Temps about 50* this morning so got the trike out for a few errands. Left it out in the driveway so we might be taking a ride later today although Nancy still thinks it's too chilly! Tomorrow will be 63* so it might be a bit better for her!

NC Aspenwing

Moved It out so I could get the lawn mower out, Never

would have thought I would be mowing this early In March.

Monkeytrucker
1 hour ago, NC Aspenwing said:

Moved It out so I could get the lawn mower out, Never

would have thought I would be mowing this early In March.

Aired up the tires on our mower and started it today.  We have a place that will have to be given a hair cut within very few weeks.  Goldwing is still stymied by the mud road.

:BigFatCry:

Mountain Rider

Finally got to work on the Aspy!  Fired up the Camp Chef in the garage, opened the window, and let it warm up a bit.  I got the brake light modulator installed, the new air ride control and radio tuning buttons are in place and after a good cleaning with the CRC product AZgl1800 recommended, are working great.  The air compressor works on command now, no more having to play with it to adjust the air pressure.  Found the problem with the charging port, it wasn't even connected, so that's being corrected.  Fresh oil and new filter are finally in.  I cleaned the switches for the front brake and the CB, as well as a bunch of the electrical connectors under the seat and top cover, so that's all happier now.  The seat and side covers are all back in place.  I've even got the new coolant in.

After all that, I was hoping to get her out for a ride by next weekend, but a problem raised its ugly head.  Apparently I crushed something against the radiator, and now have a leak.  I'm going to pull it and see if I can have it repaired, but if that fails I'll have to get a new radiator, so I'm waiting again.  :BigFatCry:

Halfling

Warmed it up a bit this morning and I am now dropping the oil. I had to drive it onto three 2X6s (one under each wheel) to get it high enough to allow the drain pan under the trike running boards. Once it's drained good I will install a new OEM filter, new magnetic drain plug w/crush washer and synthetic oil (Mobile 1 Racing 4T 10W-40)! I found some on sale for $8.99 which is a lot less than the $11.99  I was paying a couple of years ago.

Be going out for a ride later today!

Oh yeah, gremlin/guardian bells installed (2), one given to me by my friend Jobe05's son Tim while riding the Dragon and the other from my son Jason!

2018-03-13_10-40-34.jpg

Halfling

Oil change complete, still a bit cool (48*) but I took her out for a couple of errands, filled up the gas tank for this weekends trip and washed some of the dust off! Tried out the new GPS mount and it is perfect IMHO. Also, attached my waterproof cell phone RAM Mount case to the left side reservoir RAM ball (top), nice fit! Now, if I can just get the pots and pans done BEFORE the wife gets home!!!

Monkeytrucker

Filled the roller with water and gave the moles a 900 lb. headache.

Then went into the shop and started taking side covers off the wing.  Found one of the rubber grommets missing but going to be in Evansville tomorrow with Estella's last cataract removal so I just might drive the mile and get a couple of them from the Honda dealer.  The wing is going to have to be rolled back out of the shop and washed with soap and water before it gets shined up and checked over.  Oil was just changed last fall but probably will put new Mobil 1 and a filter.  Then hopefully the weather will turn good enough to take a ride (of course it will while I have it in the shop)

Monkeytrucker

Went to the Honda store today and saw the new wings.  They really look different than our older ones.  The rubber grommets I needed for the side cover were in a $5 package with all of them in it.  Asked them about the brake chatter after the Master Cyl fix and they played dumb.  Claimed I was the only one that has said anything about it.  Gave them the name of a guy who also complained to them about it.  Think Mother Honda gave them a mask to put on when caught fibbing.

Tomorrow, the wing gets rolled back out of the shop for a good wash job and then back in for it's spring cleaning and service.   A gallon of Mobile one was purchased today at Wally world.

AZgl1800
On 3/13/2018 at 10:41 AM, Halfling said:

Warmed it up a bit this morning and I am now dropping the oil. I had to drive it onto three 2X6s (one under each wheel) to get it high enough to allow the drain pan under the trike running boards. Once it's drained good I will install a new OEM filter, new magnetic drain plug w/crush washer and synthetic oil (Mobile 1 Racing 4T 10W-40)! I found some on sale for $8.99 which is a lot less than the $11.99  I was paying a couple of years ago.

2018-03-13_10-40-34.jpg

for that kind of price, I will use whatever is on the shelf!!!

Had Mobil-1 put in our car last month for the annual change, last year it was Valvoline Synthetic...

I think just about any of them are pretty good these days.

I'm still a bit leery of Pennzoil though..... I saw what a flat head 6 cylinder Plymouth looked like back in 1958 and never used it again.:silent:

Ghost Rider 2

I went for a 250 mile test ride.  I have been fighting a oil leak at the starter.  My starter broke couple months ago I ordered A replacement and when I installed it I had a oil leak.  Ordered new oring pulled it and replaced oring installed again and still had the leak.  Yesterday I installed an OEM starter took off the aftermarket one. 250 miles and bike been sitting for couple hours. Just checked and all is dry.  My opinion!!   Aftermarket stuff for a wing is JUNK.   I don't care if it brakes, starter, alternator, antifreeze or oil.  I aint using any aftermarket crap.

AZgl1800

My girl was complaining to me today, begged and pleaded, "oh puhleez, purty puhleez".... so I gave Dennis Kirk a call and found this in my inbox:
Part #: 543178 Avon Rear AM26 Roadrider 130/70V-18 Blackwall Tire
:
Overview of Avon AM26 Roadrider Tire
:
| Excellent grip at all lean angles from large contact patch
| Interrupted center groove to resist tracking
| Special rubber compound formulated for excellent grip
:
That ought to help her steer me right 1f60e.png

Indianawantsme

Met my wife in town after she got off work to eat for her birthday.   I put on 107 miles today total taking the long way to meet her. :Face-Raspberry:

Only 15 miles each way to restaurant.   

65F for a high today.

• Like 1

Halfling
4 minutes ago, Indianawantsme said:

Met my wife in town after she got off work to eat for her birthday.   I put on 107 miles today total taking the long way to meet her. :Face-Raspberry:

Only 15 miles each way to restaurant.

Now you're talking Steve, I hope you weren't too very late for dinner!!!

Indianawantsme

I beat her there yet.  Luckily, she was still shopping at a store nearby.  

• Like 1

AZgl1800

Forgot to say that I installed the Madstad windshield today.... put in 15 miles on it, terrible crosswinds, no fun.

tomorrow looks like 74+ so will try to get some more miles in and see what position that Madstad needs for me.

Right now, I have it at maximum height. was surprised, it is 4 inches higher than my eyes!

but it will adjust about 6+ inches down, so lots of room to play with.

Jluvs2dive

On Sunday I had a little free time and put Wing up on bike Jack and put the front tire in a tub of water to see where the lost air was coming from and found a little bead leak.  When I have a couple of free hours I'll have to take it off, break the bead and clean it up and reseat it.

On Monday evening I got out for a short ride, about 35 miles.  First ride since October. :o

Jstkraze

Started my spring maintenance along with putting on my blue leds so I will be more visible. Calling this project “Deep Blue”. I will have them under the saddle bags,under the trunk,behind the radiator grills and probably under the front fender as well. Here are a few pics so far as I slowly putz around in the garage. Still dropping into the 20’s at nite here.

6D733822-6A6B-4BF6-997D-908DE4361430.jpeg

429C38C3-87DF-43CE-B479-FDC070BD275E.jpeg

20F23BCD-A881-426E-B159-71231E5A05BE.jpeg

127416F8-AC3E-41FB-B8FA-2B915E3D7B39.jpeg

144B431A-714C-42C6-B06D-5EB512E1BF0A.jpeg