Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

Bill & John Bill & John
NAGF News Ticker

• NASR 12 Hosts, Location and Dates Have Been Announced!!!
  • See The NASR 12 Threads For Additional Information!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
plskthompson

What did you do to your wing today?

3,100 posts in this topic Last Reply

Indianawantsme
(edited)

Weathermen lied again. Supposed to be 40F.   At 1pm it was 34F today when i got the nerve to try and get the Wing out.  Temp went all the way up to 37F at 4pm.  Felt really good to ride!!!!!!! Wasn't cold to me heated seats and grips and jacket.      People looked at me and some waved.   

I would still be sitting there if i would have a m/c tire on it.   The pic shows my Snow Control digging a path coming back in the opposite direction of the way i went out.  I tried to go slow but the only way i got anywhere was to give it some throttle and let it dig.  

The frosty looking grass going uphill on the right had ice on the blades and was a frozen pond of water.  On the way OUT  i had to go to the left of it and barely see a shadow of my tire tracks.  I put the front wheel on the ice when i came out the door and there was no traction. I had to back up into the doorway and cut sharply to the left to avoid that ice.    All uphill when i go toward the house. 

I couldn't come back in the way i went out and get the correct angle to make it through the door without getting my front wheel on that ice or hit worse mush with the front tire.  The ice was closer to the door when i left  but the sun hit it somewhat while i was gone.

It seems the stumble is there a little yet but only a few seconds.  Ridiculous after this second reflash. Mine is just going to have it a little i guess.

Need more restarts and warmups  to see if it gets worse.  

102_2450.JPG

Edited by Indianawantsme

Mountain Rider

The day finally came, couldn't wait any longer!  Pulled the radiator, timing belt covers, and replaced the timing belts and hoses.  The timing (no pun intended) could not have been better.  The right timing belt had a bit of slack in it, enough to put the timing mark almost a full tooth out on that side.  I believe these were the original Honda belts.  I got everything lined up and marked, removed the old belts, and tucked the new Gates belts in place, correcting the timing mark on the right side.  Took the wrench and turned the engine over three times by hand, checking the timing marks after each rotation, then turned on the kill switch and rotated it with the starter.........very nice.  Turned the kill switch to run and hit the starter, she fired right up and ran smooth as a kitten. 

Tomorrow evening I'll get the fairing badges changed, and if DHL extracts their heads, my brake light modulator installed.  The windshield garnish gets a bit of polish work with 2000 grit wet or dry, followed by the buffer and some polish.  A new badge gets added to that, and then she gets installed.

THINK SPRING!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

NC Aspenwing

Dave I've been thinking Spring but It seems

we are stuck In Monsoon season!

Mountain Rider

Larry, I feel your pain. We've seen a bunch of mild weather, to the point that a few brave souls have been breaking out the bikes for short rides. This is why getting the Aspy done has become a priority, I want to get out there. Then today, I woke up to snow. The weather just picks you up so it can beat you back down. 🤔

brianinpa
(edited)

Yesterday I worked on it a little and then I saw that the temp was 47 degrees so it was time to go for a ride!  I know it's been a long cold winter...  All the bending and twisting while working on it has me feeling like I spent a few hours in the gym.

Edited by brianinpa

Halfling

Temp is up to nearly 50* and no rain, so the cover is off and I'm going for a ride! :59fb607672645_SmileyToothSM:

Halfling

Just got back from a nice ride in the country! Temps in the mid 50s, the sun peeking in and out...good ride...77 miles on the clock. Stopped for gas about a mile from the house, 6.4 gallons!!! oops!

AZgl1800

thought I would go take a ride, then looked at the temp.... 24*

nah, stay home

Monkeytrucker

Took the front wheel off the Big Red and thought about just setting in the back seat of the gold wing and head to the tire store.  34 years of set and they with their big equipment almost did not break the beads.  So after consultation the supreme household commander who said "NO WAY you are going to put that tire on my seat!"  So I took Frankentruck.  Glad I did.  There is a section about 150' long where the road is soup.  Our dumb donkey road commissioner cannot seem to be able to drain a little low spot on top of a hill.  There is a oil field casing where the oil field guys drive in and it is plugged up.  I have half a notion to go up there some night and hook the winch line on it and pull it out of the ground.  It only has about 4" of dirt over it.  Maybe then that swamp would drain.  Other than that spot the traffic has the gravel pushed down and it is smooth in the tracks.  Maybe tomorrow!

motor cycle GIF by Dan Blaushild

Did not know there was a photo of me riding.

• Haha 1

brianinpa

I finished converting the 87 over to a single carb with a C5 ignition.  Then I found a leak on one of the crossover tubes... oh joy!

AZgl1800

at least now, you know why it wasn't quite running right Brian.

I opened the trunk on my 1800 today, and took a look at the voltmeter to reassure me that the Battery Tender is working. yup!

been raining damply all day long and into the night.... no joy here for a ride.

brianinpa

It wasn't running right because I blew the head gasket.  :roflmao:

• Like 1

Mountain Rider

Finally got the radiator and new hoses installed, then snapped one of the radiator mounting bolts in half.  So now, either I have to weld a new stud in place or cut it off and drill the frame so I can install a pass through bolt.  Just out of curiosity, where is the access for the radiator filler neck?  I want to believe it's under the right side glove box.  I'm hoping to order the new helmets tomorrow as well the wind wings.

brianinpa

Radiator filler access is under the faux tank, and you better have a long funnel.

Indianawantsme

Drove cage to get my daughter and grand daughter to airport to head back to Tucson. 

Got back home and was able to get the Wing through yard at 6pm and rode about 50 miles with a few stops.   79F for a high today and really windy.. 73F when i  finally left with Wing and still plenty warm when i got home.   

Installed foam grips from Shinhopples that came in today.  Speed bleeders came in the order also.  Thought i would try them. 

• Like 1

NC Aspenwing

I opened the building up and looked at It, And told It soon baby soon.

• Like 1

AZgl1800

I saw it this morning, had to get some stuff out of the trunk...............

patted her on the behind, and closed the door, at 23* F a ride is not going to happen.

Wx 23*.png

• Like 1

KReitz124

at 78 degrees on Tuesday, four of us got out for 100 mile ride.  Took some roads I've never been on.  Visited the oldest still running general store in Ky.  Stopped for a coke at an old pharmacy that still had a soda fountain area in it.  Nice.   Today   rain and 45 degrees.   Good while it lasted  LOL

Halfling

Beautiful day today here in Middle TN, we had Maeve so a walk around the block with the stroller was the order of the day. HOWEVER, after she went home at 4 o'clock we mounted up and spent a couple of hours on the back country roads, just got home a few minutes ago, Temp was 79* when we left and about 70* when we got home. 80 miles on the clock today!!! Sweet!!!

NC Aspenwing

Finally got a little ride In today, We took the bike on a supper run. Sure

felt good to get back In the saddle even If It was only 68 miles.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Our wing would have to be amphibious to get out of here.  Solid rain for 2 days.  Water is over our driveway and hopefully tomorrow we will still have the 36" culvert still in place.  We have water in our yard where water has not piled before.  At least the pond should be full.  The Embarrass river north of us jumped 11' in 24 hours.  It drains much of east central IL. so the Wabash river is expected to set a record.

Our daughter and her hubby are looking at having to boat out or drive out just before the Bon Pas gets their road gets too deep under.  Joe has 2 saw mills and has cut wood stacked out back in ricks.  Some of his wood is relocating itself already.  Should move most of his sawdust away.

This rain supposed to continue into tomorrow morning.  At least the wing is up out of the water and hopefully dry.

Ghost Rider 2

We getting our fair share of rain up here too.  Just looked at radar a few minutes ago. Rain for next 2 or 3 hours then letting up and we are supposed to clear up for a few days.  Rain coming back in mid p[art of next week.

yooperfan

I couldn't pass up a sunny, 50* day, so I uncovered my wing, backed it out of the garage, checked the air pressures, strapped on the truck bag and headed out to Lou's to pick up a pizza.  I rode through Utica and Starved Rock, along with some other scenic roads, and stopped to see my mom before heading home.  The 105 mile ride cured all the aches and pains from PMS that had been building up over the last couple of months.  I'll take that over a Dr. visit anytime.

• Like 1

Monkeytrucker

Just about backed ours out to try a short ride.  Made a recon of the road and figured trying to keep it within the confines of a truck dual wheel track might be a little dicey.  Even "The Bride" was itching to go.  Back to rain for the next day or two.  

sadsad inside out GIF

AZgl1800

yesterday the lie meter climbed up to 61 and I decided that is as close as it is going to get for a while.

cranked up the 1800 and toured the local rural roads at about 25 mph, any faster and I would get too cold.

I had a chance to see some things that I usually pass by too quickly to even look at.  about 90 minutes of slow riding.