Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
PaPa John

2012 Goldwing

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

PaPa John

[user=2713]PaPa John[/user] wrote:

John

Some more info from another site

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/624/9265/Motorcycle-Article/2012-Honda-Gold-Wing-First-Look.aspx

John

More picturtes

http://www.bikeland.org/story.php?storyID=60225

John

Triker Mike

If they keep on going they will have it looking even more like a Victory vision(yuk) Just sayin:whistle::CRAZY:

Ghost Rider 2
2012-Goldwing-1.jpg

Ghost Rider 2

I want a blue one!!!

Hodgy

Yes the sweeping bags do look like a Victory.

And no sixth gear !

Geezerglider
That puts an end to the 2200 cc rumors to, doesn't it. I'm not particularly crazy about the new body style, but I guess it could grow on you.

plskthompson

The only thing I wish they would change that they haven't touched is them UGLY headlights.

Joep

plus another gear or two..

winglady

At first glance the 2012 looked like a cross between a Victory and BMW. It doesn't look like a Gold Wing. Maybe if it had some chrome? Obviously if parts were needed for the new one, they couldn't be interchanged with any previous model. We will pass on this one.

lucky_x16

I agree with you and plskthompson. Looks too much like a BMW to me too, well with bug eyed headlights.

That said, I do like the lower front fairing.

lucky_x16

Oh yea, where is that 6 speed transmission?

detdrbuzzard

[user=1136]plskthompson[/user] wrote:

The only thing I wish they would change that they haven't touched is them UGLY headlights.

i feel that way about the1800 wings

Hodgy

With those silver side panels there is no flow of lines and the valve covers do look BMW ish.

Geezerglider
You can talk about the ugly headlights all you want, but if you ever rode one at night, you might change your mind. I can spot wildlife on the side of the road WAY better than I could on the 1500. :winker:

golly

ill stick to my 1200 thanks :egypt:

plskthompson

[user=659]Geezerglider[/user] wrote:

You can talk about the ugly headlights all you want, but if you ever rode one at night, you might change your mind. I can spot wildlife on the side of the road WAY better than I could on the 1500. :winker:

I'm not talking about functionality, as I'm sure they work better than the beaver tooth lights that the rest of us have. I just don't care for the look of them.

bluewing

I'll keep my '05 ! They ruined the bike !

madascanbe

CAUTION:

I made a real mistake dealing with sabercycles, I ordered a part from them and thought I gave them the

wrong zip code, (I did not) But instead of simple verifying the zip I was called a fraud, liar crook, lowlife,

they went as far as to make fun of my last name it was the rudest experience I have had in fifty years of

doing business with others.

These people are the rudest most arrogant obnoxious people on the earth( yes it is that bad) if you want

proof just google sabercyclegoldeingparts reviews and start reading the war stories, Otherwise order

something then ask a question one way or another you will learn!

Thesae people should not have a right to run a business the way they do and succeed, when honest

businesses are needing the work.

Please help to boycott this company by spreading the word.

The following is an actual statement made by this dirtbag:

NOTICE THE COMMENT ABOUT AMERICANS

To: allfire--------------

Subject: sabercyclegoldwingparts sent a message about Goldwing GL1500 Carburetor accelerator

pump #380330233801

Sent Date: Apr-28-11 20:02:16 PDT

Dear allfiredupsteven,

Been on a bit of a rampage haven't you. Tried a good old Goombah trick kipe merchandise. Buddy, we

know where you types come from, all sorts of tricks. Maybe some rating pain, but we are glad to have you

exposed for what you are, and keep you away from us. No, dollars aren't hard to come by. Europeans

spend 3 times as much as Americans, who are bottom feeders, so we really do not need people like you at

all. And we don't need Ebay to sell to them. Shop in a junkyard next time, that's your speed.

- sabercyclegoldwingparts

FirstCavArmyVet

Not sure this is where this post belongs. And what Saber Cycle are we speaking of?

Joep

I am with you on that Shea.... that rant belongs elsewhere... didn't care for the reply ..but does need to be moved elsewhere..

yooperfan

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

I am with you on that Shea.... that rant belongs elsewhere... didn't care for the reply ..but does need to be moved elsewhere..

The post might be in the right category, it just needs to be the start of a new thread. I understand his oops since he is a newer member with only 6 posts. He's still learning. I put my first post (about helmet laws, I think) in the 1200 heading since that's what I ride. Soon after surfing the whole site, (and learning how it works) I asked for the thread to be moved to it's proper location.

Geezerglider

Back to the OP:

I looked at a 2012 at the dealer today. It is a lot better looking in real life than the picture portrays IMO, and has some new features standard that are great such as plug and play MP3, IPOD connection with no need to buy additional hardware. One thing I didn't care for is the location of the radio controls, which is on the left faring rather than right in front of you below the ignition.

Joep

Thanks for a first hand update Geez...

FirstCavArmyVet

Someone want to get some in person type photos or vid maybe? Personally I don't like it. You can REALLY tell that they rushed this into production too fast without second looking it over. The constant grey panel no matter what color is my biggest turnoff, second to the rear bags. Not good IMHO. I can't complain about the engine size or gear since I have never ridden a wing newer than an 83 LOL.