Sign in to follow this  
PaPa John

Canadian Member Joining In

12 posts in this topic Last Reply

PaPa John

Just joined this morning and request permission to come play in the sandbox.

Short story. I am 62 years young and a retired LEO (35 yrs). Still working with a company and contracted to the local police department. Married, two children and three grand children.

Just made the deal on a 97 Goldwing and will finalize the paper work on Saturday. Sold my ST1100 as after three season, I realized it wasn't the right bike for me.

1997HondaGoldwingGL1500SE.jpg

There she is. It is in immaculate condition. Looking forward to many years of riding.

I like touring and motorcamping.

Wife called. Time to grocery shop. Will be back on line to see what I have gotten myself into.

Oh by the way my handle was given to my by my grandkids. They could say grandpa so they said PaPa John when the were younger.

John

Bountyhunter

PaPa,Let Me be the first to welcome you to this forum. Good place to be. Lots of good information on here.Good looking wing you have there.You must get a can of pledge and put it on the bike. Again welcome for the Buckeye State.Ken:wave::wave:

Hodgy

Welcome from the foothills. You will find this site very welcoming with lots of knowledge about almost anything you ask. Just ask, someone will answer.

Nice colour on your 97, but red is still the fastest colour !

AspectTwo

:wave: A BIG welcome to the forum from Central Arkansas! So glad to have you aboard or in the box!

That is really a stunning 1500! You don't see that color scheme very often and it's very striking I think. Thanks much for sharing it and congrats!!

beenshot

:wave:howdy and welcome to the forum

Joep

Welcome from North TEXAS.. Dallas area.. yeah you really have gotten yourself in a pickle here now.. just kidding..

golly

welcome from the uk england :wave:

PaPa John

Thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to participating and learning from this site.

John

plskthompson

Hello and welcome from middle Tennessee. :wave:

PaPa John

Well, the paperwork was completed yesterday and the GW is now mine.

Now the hard part. Waiting for the weather to change. I want to ride. I want bugs in my teeth (just kidding - wear a full face - have to protect my mug).

I hope in time the stars will align and I can meet some of this forum members in person.

John

fysty-1

And a big welcome from the west coast.:woohoo:

KC604

Welcome from the West Coast, John. Hope you guys enjoy your new ride. Great looking Wing. Like that color.