Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

What a day

126 posts in this topic Last Reply

beenshot

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:great, there is no place like home.

Devans

I agree Larry. They have an old 2 story house, so we moved the office in to the den tonight. They are going to put him up in the office since he obviously can't climb that many stairs yet.

He is pretty excited about coming home. I dont blame him... it has been about 3 weeks since he has been home.

Firedog53

:clap::clap::clap::clap: Outstanding!!! :hulk::hulk::hulk:

Devans

John is home. :clap::clap::clap:

I think Donna and I were as excited as Laurie about it. :dance::dance::dance:

My sister has a Grand Prix and we knew she would never get John down that low in to the car, so we told her to use our Trail Blazer to go get him today.

All we had for a ramp was 2 of the ramps you use to get a lawn mower in to the bed of your truck :doh:. I'd like to see a permanent ramp there, but we have just been ran ragged this week and there was just not enough hours in the day to build one. :no:

The day started with Donna and I doing a furnace install. We no more than got there and the Pharmacy called and said they were delivering the bed in a few minutes. I left Donna to tear out the old furnace and headed to my sisters. I couldn't believe it when the 2 guys got out of the van. One was at least 75 years old and the other was about the same age and stood all of 5 foot tall and 350 lbs. :doh: After watching them struggle carrying in the pieces, I finally gave in and hauled the rest in for them. After 30 - 40 minutes of them struggling to put it together, John now has a hospital bed. :clap::clap:I told my sis, I would bet her one weeks pay that both of these guys have a hospital bed in their own homes...:rofl::rofl:

Anyway... I ran back to the install. Half way back I realize I had left my sisters dog and cats locked in her bedroom...back to her house to let them out and then back to the install. :doh: Donna had the old one ready to pull out. We got it out of there, stuck the new one in and was out of there in 1 1/2 hours. About then Laurie calls and says they are almost home. So we run over there to help her get John out and in to the house. We get him in the house, truck unloaded and then off to a service with my step dad. My sis goes to pick up Johns 11 prescriptions and then to my house to drop off our Trail Blazer and pickup her car. She calls me 15 minutes later and says, "Oh poopy...I have your truck keys. Do you have a spare?" Nope...no spare. :doh::rofl: So now we are stuck home because she has to go back home to cath John before she can come back with our keys :rofl::rofl:.

So.. long story short, John is home now and resting comfortably. :dance::dance: Its was awesome to see him get out of the wheel chair, in the living room, transition to his walker and walk the remaining 50 feet to his "new bedroom". What an amazing guy!:worthy:

We are absolutely beat!! Tomorrow we are going to take a drive to Iowa City. There is a nice gentleman there that has an electric lift recliner that he said John can have at no charge, if we come and get it.

Next we have to get this ramp built for him because he is going to be doing physical therapy 3 times a week and I do not trust the ramps we have. So if anyone wants to bring some wood and screws and have a ramp building party - I'm all for helpers.:yes: Its about a 2 foot landing so by code we need a ramp that has a fall of 1" per foot. That's going to be a 24 foot ramp :doh::doh:. Where is daylight savings time when you need it. We need more hours.

plskthompson

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Great news, Dean.

beenshot

wish i was close enough to come help, but you my moral support if that does any good.:whistle:

devansgirl

Moral support is good too :yes:

Cactus_Jack

I think you guys would be done before I got there.

Check codes to see if they require a landing every so many feet and make sure you aren't over that footage.

but if there's room you could do like 12 foot to one direction a 4 foot by 4 foot landing then 12 foot back.

Not that Ive ever looked into having to build these kinds of thing :ponder: :funny:

beenshot

how did the ramp turn out?

how is John doing?

Devans

Well, the ramp was put on hold due to more family related issues and finances:doh: :hmm:. We were actually talking about it today at work. We are going to try to get it done this week since it is nice out this week.

John is not doing to bad, but not much improvement either, unfortunately. My sister just got back from the hospital, with John, about 1 hour ago. She called me today and work and wanted Donna and I to come look at his feet. When we got there his feet and ankles were swollen twice normal size, only on the right foot. The Dr. was worried that he may have a blood clot in that leg so they had him come back to the hospital to do a Doppler on his legs. The results will take about 24 hours, they said, so until then its more sit and wait.

All in all he is healing well. Not much mobility yet, but he is getting there slowly. The first of the Dr. bills has started coming. The bill he got from his Dr. was $175,367.00 That was for his services and the hardware he put in John's back. That did not include the surgery...just his post surgical care :doh: Its going to be a long road......

beenshot

thanks for the update, just wish he was improving a little faster.

our thoughts and prayers are with ya'll down here in Arkansas.

AspectTwo

We're with you guys! Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help long distance......

Devans

So John is not doing to bad. He was moving around the house the other day and got a charlie horse in his leg. The walker kicked out and he started going down. Luckily my sister was behind him with a lift belt on him. He pulled her off her feet but she rared back and was able to get him up before he hit the floor.

Her kids were driving her car a few days ago, screwing around, her daughter leaned against the window and busted the clips off of the window regulator :doh:. We picked one up today and she drove out after work and I got a new one installed for her.

So my sis started back to work today. She said she cried the whole way to work. She has to leave John home alone from 8-1. She goes home for lunch, gets him food, gets his meds and caths him, and then back to work until 4. Then she has to rush back home, feed him, give him his meds and cath him again. He is still on some pretty powerful pain killers so she doesn't allow him to med himself... just in case he is dopey and overdoses on accident.

So far, bill wise, she is doing pretty well. She got a $31,000.00 bill today that was 100% covered by Blue Cross. The previous bill, I posted, for $175,000.00 - she is being asked to pay $283.00 of :clap:. She was a bit surprised so she called Blue Cross. They told her anything over $100,000.00 would be covered 100% and anything under $100,000.00 she would be responsible for 20%. I hope she was told correct.

That's about it for. We are going to head in Saturday morning to get the ramp installed for John. We have a customer, at work, that removed a ramp from his mom's house after she passed away. He just so happen to have still had it and gave me one hell of a deal on it. It cost him $1800 for the ramp and an 8x8 deck. He sold us the ramp for $100 :banana:. It is a PVC type material. The treads are extremely strong. The railing is all PVC with a steel "U" channel inside of it.

Vegaswingnut

That's great news that the insurance is kickin in. Its got to be a relief to your sister. Sounds like you got a great deal on the ramp Dean. I'm sure you're going to do a great job of installing it. Just remember....we love pics!

Devans

Oh, you know there will be pics :yes: and probably a few videos of the bloopers :scared:

beenshot

:watching:

Vegaswingnut

What are the chances of seeing Donna adjusting the radio?

Devans

Id say 100% LOL

devansgirl

Well Duh :funny::funny:

Devans

Hey guys, my sister is going to be selling her camper. I will get it listed in the for sale once I get the exact price from her. Im also going to get pics today.

It is a 23 foot 2000 Coachmen Catalina. She believes she owes around $4500 for it. She is not wanting to make money off of it, only to sell it for what it is owed on the loan. She has had it for 2 years and probably only took it out 4 or 5 times.

Im off to go build Johns ramp... more on the camper later. :wave:

Vegaswingnut

Patiently awaiting the pics......weird_smilie.gif

Devans

Ok...we got most of it done today. We still have to get the railing put on, but I think we are leaving that for next week. We put a couple "stopper" boards at the precarious edges so my sis doesn't shot John off the ramp. The low part is a bit steeper than we wanted, But we only had so much room. I think next week we are going to cut about 2 inches off of the lower landing legs so it will drop the lower ramp a bit more.

For now... it is much better than what she was using which was 2 2x6's sitting on the porch stoop.

1_192105_390000000.jpg

1_192105_400000004.jpg

1_192105_390000001.jpg

1_192105_400000002.jpg

.... and Josh and my nephew playing on the ramp- I mean testing the ramp, as they called it.....lol

1_192105_400000003.jpg

AspectTwo

:clap::clap: NICE WORK Dean and Donna!! :clap::clap:

beenshot

:clap:looks good

Vegaswingnut

I cruised by to help but I was a little late.....You guys did a great job!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,