Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

What a day

126 posts in this topic Last Reply

mowerdoc

our prayers are with you i would complain and have him moved

Joep

incompetence training... and on the job at that... i thought you learned that over time not at the beginning of the job!!!

plskthompson

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

[user=1136]plskthompson[/user] wrote:
Always remember, there are good and bad in every profession, so please don't judge us all by the bad examples you are seeing.

We wouldn't do that Johnny. My brother is a nurse. I know that just because these nurses are incompetent, not all are :hmm: the sad thing is, one of the nurses was in training. So she is being trained to act like an idiot :doh:

That is sad, and most likely the training nurse is considered the best one they have.

Cactus_Jack

Gawd,

I know they have to get the training somewhere but wouldn't a progressions from like wellness care to urgent care to post op care etc. be in order leaving critical patients for the last when they have a good grasp of things going on?

plskthompson

That depends on if they are getting their masters through the school, then they have a specialty like doctors.

Devans

No news today. Things are pretty much going the same. The Dr. did say that if John keeps progressing there are going to send him home this week. Wednesday or Thursday. Because of this, they are going to stay at the U of I. No real sense in going through a transfer only to be released a day later..

Devans

This is the flyer I made up for passing out to donors. I will be doing another flyer once we get everything set. I will also be adding all of the donors to the public flyer.

Don't know if anyone wants to see it or not :baffled: but figured I'd post it. :yes:

Attached files john_benefit.pdf Â

lucky_x16

Looks good.

You may want to take it to the local PD where he worked and see if they may have a designated officer (PR Officer) to either help out. Not that you and Smurff would not be able to pull it off, but to lend some extra credence to your presentation. They may be able to get through doors you alone may not.

Devans

Hey Lucky

We are already working with the PD. In fact, we are putting on a bake sale this or next weekend just to bring in some "now" money for them. A couple of the Ladies at the PD have their own cake business. Everyone at the PD has been very helpful. :clap:

AspectTwo

Looks really good Dean!

Devans

Just a little update for ya....

John is doing amazing! He was moved from the U of I to Genesis Rehab in Davenport yesterday. Today he took 2 step, with assistance, but none the less amazing! :clap:My sister actually cried when he did it she was so surprised and happy for him. He is doing so much better in rehab. They do not have him drugged up constantly like the U of I sis. He is becoming himself again and I know very shortly, he will be walking again. :yes::clap:Donna and I, along with everyone, is so proud of him for not letting this be the end all to the great man we know and love.

John was in the Navy for 15 years. He is now signed up for the VA Hospital so they will be getting everything they need for his home coming. There was a few things that their Blue Cross wasn't going to cover, but the VA stepped up and said they would take care of it :clap:

Here is a pic my sister snapped of him after he got into his chair. He made it about 15 minutes in the 90 degree setting and then had to be put to 60 degrees. But to make it that long at 90 degrees was awesome! Way to go John!!

Attached files 109406=3286-john1.jpg

plskthompson

Great news Dean. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Devans

Heading to the rehab center today to check out John's progress :dance:

jarhead
:COOL::clap::clap: That's great news.

lucky_x16

WTG John!!!

It is good to finally get some positive news.

Thanks for the update.

AspectTwo
:COOL::cool::COOL: GREAT report Dean!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

devansgirl

We just got home from seeing John. He looks great. He walked 75 feet today in rehab and he is starting to get feeling in his feet and legs. I saw him, pretty much, for the first time tonight since he went to the hospital. He looks 100% better. Hes in great spirits. Im very happy to report this :clap:

beenshot

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! a strong man with determination will overcome:woohoo:

AspectTwo
FANTASTIC!!!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Devans

[user=1606]beenshot[/user] wrote:

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!! a strong man with determination will overcome:woohoo:

you are correct. He said he went in to rehab the other day and saw people with worse trauma then he had, and they were trying to walk. He told us that right then and there he decided he will walk again, no matter what. If they can do it, with worse injuries, so can he.

We had a great time tonight just sitting and talking and laughing like old times. Even John was cracking John and laughing.

All I can say is the turn around is amazing. Had I not seen it with my own eyes, I would have never believed it.:clap::clap:

I am proud to call John my brother! He is one of the strongest men I know.

Joep

way to go!!!! some times it is like the story of the man who complained he had no shoes till he met the man with no feet.. sometimes we need to see life through others before we wake up to the potential in ourselves..

Firedog53

OK, I don't wanna spoil anyone's good attitude BUT... the guy's a former COP!! C'mon!!:doh: The only walking some of them do is getting out of the car and going into the donut shop!! He's already got that beat!

Columbus Ohio used to put their police and firefighter candidates in the same classes. They would have phys ed and go running for exercise. When they ran through a local park and woods, the ones that ran into the trees were made cops! :funny:

All above offered in jest to make someone laugh.

Do not come looking for me, I will not be there!! I was one of the lucky ones that missed the trees!! Teriffic he's doing better. Sounds like all things are looking up!! Get him well and get him outta there! :clap:

Firedog53

How's the BIL??

Devans

John will be heading home tomorrow at noon.

Donna, the kids, and I went in to my sisters house tonight to rearrange the office and den so they can bring in a hospital bed for John tomorrow morning.

He is doing great at physical therapy. he can walk about 75 feet with the help of a walker and he was able to climb the 2 steps and go back down them, at therapy today and yesterday. :clap:

John still has severe leg pain which is being somewhat controlled with pain meds and oral morphine.

Other than that, no other news except lots of excitement with him coming home tomorrow :banana:

plskthompson

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,