Sign in to follow this  
ronsena

Alternative to Tobacco

139 posts in this topic Last Reply

ronsena

New Flavors added.

Cherry Cherry - Maraschino and Black Cherry combined.

Strawberry Banana - The name says it all.

Coming Soon - The Indulgence.

beenshot

50 days without a cigarette. :woohoo:

at two packs a day, that is 2,000 cigarettes that I have avoided.:woohoo:

Devans

and that is over $500 saved...

AspectTwo

Hey Ron, FYI the links in your previous post are not working...

AspectTwo

:banana::banana: Woooo Hooooo! So excited! Just got our kits in today and can't wait to try them out. With the success that many of you diehard smokers have had using these, we just couldn't ignore it anymore. About the time we needed some more cigarettes, I sat down and did the math. Thanks to Ron's pricing adjustments on his website and the 10% coupon he offers to our forum members, we ordered 2 Riva Starter Kits for about the price of me getting another carton of cigarettes for us both.

You just can't argue with the feasibility since we have testaments of this working. Ron helped me with my order and shipped to us ooooohhhh sooooo fassst! He even kept it a secret from A1 so I could surprise him. Thanks so much for your help Ron!

Soooo, we'll see. :COOL:

:watching:

beenshot

:clap::clap::clap::clap:congrats, you won't regret it.

if you will go to a pet store and buy some marineland rite size u blue foam filter and replace the stock filler in the carts with it, it works a lot better.

and check out this forum for tips and tricks

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

if you give it half a chance, you will be done with cigarettes. the right tweaking and the right juice flavor and strength, and you will love it.

AspectTwo

thanks beenshot! Learning a lot off of ron's site and the forum! Right now I'm a little dizzy from dinking around with hits off the e-cig....:evil:

beenshot

there is a lot of info out there and be careful, you can turn this into a hobby pretty easily:doh:

i am already wanting one of the bottom feeder mods:yes:

AspectOne

Well A2 suprised me with a Riva starter kit today... I must say that after reading the glowing reviews I was excited. To begin with the case was defective out of the box, then after we hooked everything up and tried out my first time and got nothing. Took it apart and made sure it was all put together properly, nothing.

Come to find out it had a defective part where the filter thing goes... so many new names and pieces and parts.... anyway replaced that with a fresh one and it started to work, sort of.

I have to pull too hard to get ANYTHING from it then what you get is just a small wisp of vapor.. to top it off it burned the back of my throat. So OK, I know am slow to change and maybe since this has so many supposed benifits I am not giving it a proper chance. Well after trying to use it all night long I must say I am highly disappointed and hoping I can get this thing refunded. I am out a chunk of money on something that pulls too hard, taistes bad and gives me a head ache not to mention it leaves me craving a cigg and asprin more than ever.

Ron is a nice man, he has given plenty of his time and done the best sales/support for this product you could ask anyone to do... guess it just isn't for some folks. Me included. I am still stuck smoking.

:surrender:

A1

AspectTwo

Well, I'm sortof digging it. The case deal is a snag in the zipper and that stuff just happens. The 1st atomizer on A1's kit, well I'm not convinced that I didn't mess it up trying to prime it. But Ron is a great guy and is going to replace both for me.

:baffled: I'm hoping that A1 will try again. It's a learning experience via trial and error. Getting used to the device, nicotene levels, flavors of juice, PG vs. VG, etc. Whew!

BTW, love the Cherry,Cherry - nice.

beenshot

don't give up too quick, a new atomizer is terrible. they have some kind of primer on them that is hard to get rid of and tastes horrible and harsh. what i do is soak them in rubbing alcohol for about ten minutes, and then let air dry for an hour or so. after that all you taste is the liquid.

the draw is a little harder and different from a cig. what works best for me is a soft slow 2-3 second draw. and you have to keep the cartridge wet with juice or you will get a burnt taste that burns your throat. but be careful, there is a fine line between full and over full. too full and you will get the liquid in your mouth.

certainly, no product is for everyone. these things have to be fiddled with some. the cartridges have filler in them that leaves some room for improvement and the blue foam certainly helps that out a lot. then there are also other options such as cartomizers or drip tips to replace the cartridges.

then there is the juice problem. everyone's taste is different and there are a ton of different flavors out there to choose from. finding the right one can take a while. the nicotine level also has to be figured out. the juice comes in several nicotine strengths and you need one that fits your needs.

if you are serious about quitting smoking and you take the time to learn how to get the most out of the ecig it can work. the ECF forum is a great place to get helpful information and there are a ton of youtube videos that help.

i love these things and they work for me but i know that not everyone will like them. you have to be willing to spend some time and money to figure them out and once you do, they are the best thing since sliced bread.

ronsena

A1, I am sorry you did not have a good first experience with Vaping.

I personally check each battery and atomizer in the kits before they ship to ensure all is working as there had been a issue with DOA atomizers from a previous shipment when I first began selling the Riva. I was assured that the issue had been resolved, but I want to check them personally.

As for the case, I have found that the nylon zipper has a tendency to roll opposite and had tested them before packing to make sure the zipper was set the correct way. However, you know how nylon type zippers can be.

AspectTwo has contacted me and a resolution is being worked on. I would hope that you give it another try when you are ready

Again, I apologize for your inconvenience

Ron

lucky_x16

I am in!

Got my starter set today.

I am missing the vaporing for dummies manual that should be in there. You put how many drops in the filter? Atomizer?

ronsena

Put 2-3 drops in the Atomizer.

Put 7-8 drops in the cartridge initially, then 3 or 4 drops when the flavor drops off.

Happy Vaping!

AspectTwo

Lucky, yea! :banana::banana: I have not even been tempted to get a pack out since Saturday evening when I started this.....

Lots to learn, lots to try, lots to get used to....hang in there. Look @ beenshot's post on the e-cig forum in this thread. Lot of good info out there and some helpful folks. Ron is the best too - ask him questions if you have them! :yes:

ronsena

Here is a video as a "How To" for new vapers

[flash=425,344]

Hope you enjoy it.

Ron

AspectTwo

:funny::funny:Thanks Ron, was that just for me?? :baffled: LOL! I think from his reaction last weekend, although he was wonderful to video chat and show me, I was the first person to say "can you tell me how to put this d*mn thing together??!"...:doh::funny:

BTW, thanks to your drip tips, some 100% VG tobacco juice, and a renewed spirit - A1 is vaping tonight!! :banana::banana:

Now, I got the cartomizers in too and have to ask Ron, why do you have a preference to these (as I believe you use them yourself) and just how much juice do I load into these things??

Thanks so much!! I am a good week off cigs, am fascinated by all the possibilities and variations of what I can do, and have NOT been tempted ONCE to pick up a pack!!

Thank YOU soooo much!!! YOU ROCK!! :banana::banana:

AspectOne

OK, I have to say that with new bits n parts that Berta has installed and after some testing I am actually beginning to get the hang of this thing . It does seem to work now. TG I was beginning to think I was wierd or something. In reality it was just Berta trying to poison me again :)

beenshot

[user=1316]AspectOne[/user] wrote:

In reality it was just Berta trying to poison me again
:)

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

ronsena

Using a Cartomizer takes a bit of getting used to.

I use them with a Drip Tip, but remove the tip to add the drops as I forget, and don't let the juice settle before I inhale.

To fill them, I use the beer pour method. Remove the white rubber tip (for this reason I prefer the drip tip. They are easier to remove). Hold the carto at a 45 degree angle and add 2 drops, rotate it a bit and add 2 more, rotate and add 2 more until it looks slushy. Let it settle for a minute or 2. Then Vape.

I see another video on the horizon..... :evil:

beenshot

my collection of ecigs:yes:

1606_042009_100000000.jpg

left to right: Phidias Woodimus Feedimus(what a name), Riva with a XL atomizer, Riva with a Smartcart, and the Reo Woodvil

AspectTwo

[user=452]ronsena[/user] wrote:

Using a Cartomizer takes a bit of getting used to.

I use them with a Drip Tip, but remove the tip to add the drops as I forget, and don't let the juice settle before I inhale.

To fill them, I use the beer pour method. Remove the white rubber tip (for this reason I prefer the drip tip. They are easier to remove). Hold the carto at a 45 degree angle and add 2 drops, rotate it a bit and add 2 more, rotate and add 2 more until it looks slushy. Let it settle for a minute or 2. Then Vape.

I see another video on the horizon..... :evil:

:rage:I'm frustrated that I don't get it...so don't take my tone as bad - I just HATE being stupid!!:rage:

1- how do you use them with a drip tip when the drip tip is significantly less in diameter than the cartomizer??:baffled::doh:

2- 2 drops, then 2 drops, then 2 more....and filled and slushy?? Mine lookes like it'll take 20ml easy before being filled!:baffled:

:tap: Ron, VIDEO PLEASE!! I HATE BEING OBTUSE!! :rage:

Here's the deal folks, I absolutely LOVE this e-cig stuff, maybe not as much as beenshot with all his versions and accessories, but pretty much! :banana::banana: I have used this periodically since I got it in 3/26/11. Was still chain smoking cigs as it charged up, but started with it that evening. Have NOT been tempted to pick up a cig or buy a pack since!! That's the bottem line. :ponder:

Now there is a testing period and a learning curve, lots of accessories and add-on's and then the juice - what nicotene level is good for you? What flavors do you like? Do you want VG based juice or PG based juice? It's all kinda cool and sort of frustrating when there's something new you don't understand how to implement but the real deal is.....I'm not smoking! AND....I don't vape all the time either...have been a couple days with just one or two vapes then to bed. :surprised:WOW!

Thanks Ron for introducing me to this! I can see myself NOT vaping except in those really stressful times when you pick up a pack again - really need a smoke. As long as I can vape I think I'll be good.

AspectTwo

[user=1606]beenshot[/user] wrote:

my collection of ecigs:yes:

1606_042009_100000000.jpg

left to right: Phidias Woodimus Feedimus(what a name), Riva with a XL atomizer, Riva with a Smartcart, and the Reo Woodvil

:COOL::cool::COOL: