Sign in to follow this  
ronsena

Alternative to Tobacco

139 posts in this topic Last Reply

toledosei

i applaude you all for trying to quit... i tried many times also.. thething that got meto quit was 4 stints, quit the day i wentinto the hospital, and havent looked back, and i'm thinking these cost a little more than the e-cig !! goodluck to you all trying:cool:

Devans

4 stints would definitely do it. I'm hoping to avoid that...

ronsena

2 stints 2 years ago and a scare last week.

But I firmly believe that vaping had nothing to do with is

Devans

Had you still been smoking, it would have probably been alot worse than stints.

AspectTwo

I'm shopping, we gotta quit but I don't want someone to die from it...each time I've tried in the last 2 yrs I wanna take out A1 within a couple of days....you know, and the rest of anyone I come into contact with.....

devansgirl

Berta, you guys are too funny!! :funny: The sad thing is..... I quit almost 6 months ago and I still feel that way. Some days I want a cigarette sooo bad I cant stand it. And then to be around it 24/7:tap: It drives me crazy. And everyone wonders why Im such a B... Nice person :funny: I would love for everyone to quit, but in the same respect, I dont want to be a hypocrite non smoker....

ronsena

I go up to my American Legion Post all the time and we can still smoke there.

I am able to sit there right next to smokers and while they smoke, I vape. It doesn't make me crave a real one as I am getting the nicotine.

When I leave and come home, I immediately change clothes since my clothes smell nasty. I never noticed it as bad in all my years of smoking, Wifey hits me up with "What do you think I have been putting up with for the past 31 years!" She's right.

yooperfan

When I was about 11 years old, my dad switched from smoking cigs to a pipe. Alledgedly, it took 2 hands to light it, so he let me steer the car for a couple of blocks. That turned into miles overtime. I even did the gas pedal and shifted gears while he did the clutch. That's also about the time I started riding motorcycles and he let me drive the car on private property. Life was good. His smoking led to me being the driver and rider that I am today. Even my non-smoking mom let me do these things. I have always had a no smoking policy in my house and vehicles. Is there an e-pipe version or just e-cigs? After 70 years of smoking, his Dr. said quiting would do more harm then good, so he's still smoking the pipe.

ronsena

Yes there is a pipe version. I am trying to get one for myself. But they seem to be scarce right now.

I use mine as a pipe and puff away on it just lie a pipe. The only thing missing is the bowl.

Joep

Hmmmm tsking a pipe and converting it to accept the device sounds like an option if the pipe has a large enough stem spout...

Devans

OK, I got my puffer today.

Do I just leave this screwed together all the time, and then puff when I need?

First puff was pretty cool. It definitely gave me the sensation of smoking an entire cigarette in just one good sized puff. Interesting :ponder: I was a little surprised that you still blow "smoke" or vapor, as if smoking a real cigarette.

BTW.. thanks for the little bonus in my pack :yes::clap:

ronsena

just leave it put together and as you feel a craving, puff on it. then set it down. I used a clean ashtray to leave mine in. walk by, take a puff and walk away

Devans

ronsena

Devans so how is it working for you?

Devans

So almost 3 weeks now since I received this and I figured I would give ya ll who are thinking about a review.

I'm very pleased with the result. I was smoking 2 packs per day, now down to 1 pack. That might not seem like much to some of you, especially non smokers, but that one pack adds up to 7 in a week which is equal to about $45 in real money.

To be honest, a lot of times I will light one while on the computer doing something, sit it down, and it burns up with only one puff being taken... what a waste of money. With the E-cig, I can lay it on my keyboard, take a puff, and let it sit until the next time. I find that 2 puffs satisfies me the same as a full cigarette does.

I have not had to charge the E-cig yet, nor have I had to use one of the 4 cartridges included in the starter pack. I am still on the first cartridge. I believe the cartridges and the battery last much longer than advertised, in my case anyway.

The best part for me so far is that when we went to my sisters house for New years I was unable to smoke in her home. (Ex-smoker) But, I was able to vape while at her house. The smoke from the E-cig does have somewhat of a smell, but it dissipates very quickly and is so slight that she didn't even notice it until I showed her the E-cig.

All in all.... much better than I expected. In fact my mom puffed on mine today and wants me to order one for her now. :COOL: This is a huge plus for me as she has bad asthma and should not be smoking anyway.

ronsena

Thanks for the great review.

beenshot

i have been kicking this idea around so i believe i'll give it a try also.

thanks for the review, Dean.

ronsena, you will be getting my order, soon

devansgirl

[user=1606]beenshot[/user] wrote:

i have been kicking this idea around so i believe i'll give it a try also.

thanks for the review, Dean.

ronsena, you will be getting my order, soon

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

beenshot

ok, my order is in and i recieved a confirmation email. the website is very easily navigated and the products are described quite well, thanks ronsena.

Devans

I think you will be happy Larry. I figure at the very least these will help me smoke much less, as they already have.

bulldogparts

I congratulate all of you who have either quit or reduced smoking using this device. I had smoked since I was 18, and I turned 53 today. I am one of the lucky ones who was able to just do it cold turkey. I smoked my last one in September 2010.........don't remember the day....it was a Saturday. I wanted one only a couple times in the first week, and now can hardly stand to be around someone who does smoke. I didn't realize how bad I stank until I quit and started smelling other people who smoked. I wish I had quit years ago.....or never started. Anyway, good luck to all of you trying to quit, and if it makes a difference, just think of the ones you love who'd like to see you live for a few more years.......without that "hack" or a respirator. Maybe that'll be a little more incentive.

devansgirl

Congrats to you bulldog.. I could NEVER quit cold turkey :hmm: I tried. My family suffered :scared: I quit around 6 or 7 months ago :baffled: I am hoping Dean quits or slows way down. We recently got a new truck and I wont let him smoke in there :yes: So that does help some...

BTW Happy Birthday Bulldogparts :banana:

ValueTeck

Congratulations to everyone that has quit or is trying. I quit 17 years ago. I was a 3 pack a day guy and it was killing me. I got hypnotized and that worked for me. That was a long time ago and yes I tried a lot of things. Remember one time Dean I had a patch on one arm, gum in my mouth and a cigarette in my hand! Whatever way you quit though just quit. You will be much better off for it. This electronic cig sounds like a good way.

ronsena

I tried hypnosis, lasted a weekend.

Did Zyban and quit for about 2 weeks, had a stress event happen and went right back. 2nd try didn't work just made me a zombie all the time.

Then did the patch but it gave me the jitters.

I have to say that my first couple of days on the e-cig I had issues cuz I was using too low a level of Nicotine (6mg). I bumped up to 11mg and found that 11-12mg is my sweet spot and have stuck with that.

Since I do Vape all day long, I sometimes drop down to 0mg flavors at night.

vtxcandyred
Just from my own personal experiance. I quit eleven years ago. I was at three packs a day and had tried EVERYTHING that was available at the time. I used a nicotrol inhaler for a year and have not lit up since. Two pennies.