Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Rider 2

1 year aniversery. I can never say thank you enough

13 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ghost Rider 2

1 year ago this weekend Cheryl and I hit the deer. It has been a long but great year of recovering. We went to Arthur, Illinois last weekend. Went to church there with a friend and former pastor of our church. He and his family are at Arthur now about 1 1/2 hours from here. Cheryl shared her testimony and how the accident has changed her life. The reason for this post is to again thank each and everyone here. All of the prayers, well wishes, calls, texts, emails. Wow it is hard to ever describe the love and kindness of the people on this site. This is truely an extended family. It is very hard to discribe the love that is felt from Cheryl and myself to each of you. Just want to say thanks to everyone. Jerry & Cheryl

ps. To the dozen of you that made the surprize visit a week after the accident. You will never know just how much that means to us. Even now when we tell someone about it, tears of joy always seem to show up.

Devans

Im glad you both healed up and are here to talk about. :clap:

devansgirl

You guys are well worth it....Im glad your here :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

lucky_x16

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

I am glad you both had a great recovery.

I got the text from cheryl this morning about you all heading back down agian for that same marathon.

May the deer stay out of your way this year.

Maybe we could do an anniversary visit this year?

BNess1964

Always happy to hear about others surviving entry into the Bambi Club. Mine was back in 1992. Broke my back in 2 places and still having issues all these years later. Still riding also! Best wishes and stay safe!

Rudy

Wow. You hit a deer?

BNess1964

Might say I hit 2! Pregnant doe, I knocked the fawn right out of her and removed her head at the same time. It was NOT:twitch: a Kodak moment! Hey, we play this game long enough and we all have stories to tell. Some of how we got lucky and even more about how stupid we were. Though for the record, I try to avoid riding at night these days.

devansgirl

[user=2330]BNess1964[/user] wrote:

Might say I hit 2! Pregnant doe, I knocked the fawn right out of her and removed her head at the same time. It was NOT:twitch: a Kodak moment! Hey, we play this game long enough and we all have stories to tell. Some of how we got lucky and even more about how stupid we were. Though for the record, I try to avoid riding at night these days.

That sucks. Im glad you are ok... Poor baby deer :CRY:

AspectOne

!!!

lucky_x16

Hey, the weekend is over, tell me you both did not go bambi hunting again?

Ghost Rider 2

Home safe and sound. Cheryl rode her own bike to Kentucky. She did a great job. Longest trip she has riden. Next summer I doubt she will ride a mile with me.

lucky_x16

So we do not need to ride over and check on you both this weekend then?

Ghost Rider 2

My brother if you are able to ride come on over and lets go somewhere.