Sign in to follow this  
Ghost Rider 2

Not the vacation I dreamed of !!

31 posts in this topic Last Reply

Ghost Rider 2

Well it is day 3 of our vacation. To start met with group for breakfast, my eggs came RAW not the yellow, the whites. 100 miles down the road lead bike Harley throwing oil. All over the front of my bike. 3 hours at a Harley dealer we are running. Stop for lunch order messed up, my hot apple pie came direct from cooler. Got to motel they lost reservations. Sunday breakfast was better, lunch no better, dinner was in a little basket that would not feed a bird. Today started good. Then something happened. Lost vission in right eye. Hit a curb bent up lower front exhaust cover, and yes dropped bike. No other damage. Not exactly a perfect week. Cheryl ready to head home. See what tomorrow brings. Vission still not back in right eye. Headed to eye doctor as soon as we get home.

And the heat is far worst than at Mark Twain. A bank clock today showed 107.

Wish us luck and send prayers for us tomorrow.

AspectTwo

:doh: Man Jerry, not much of a vacation bud! We'll keep good thoughts for tomorrow and your eye! What's up with that one?? :baffled:

May tomorrow be a better day!:banana::banana:

devansgirl

Wow Jerry. Im sorry to hear that. I hope things get better for you. Go home if your not better. Your health is more important than a vacation. You can have another vacation, but you need your eyes now.. Go and be healthy!!!

Vegaswingnut

Jerry, you sound like your havin my kind of luck....Glad you're not hurt. Ride safe bro.

beenshot

jerry, i hope tomorrow is a better day and get home and check that eye out.

ailments and hot days don't mix well.

Joep

Jerry I agree with the others tske care of yourself first.. rides come and go and the heat don't help matters..

Ghost Rider 2

Cheryl says I am going to doctor as soon as we get home. I complained to eye doctor at last exam that it was acting up. He said must be migrain problem in eye. Gave me some drops said it would get better. NO it got worst. New eye doctor that is for sure. Right eye is just very blury right now. Leaving to get on road early check back tonight. Everyone thanks for well wishes.

DigbyODell

dayum.... Good luck you two..

Be safe and get that eye checked ASAP!!!!

dwsonar

Be careful Jerry. Don't worry about al the other problems, it'll get better. If not, it'll be a fun story for a long time. Win/win

lucky_x16

Jerry, sorry to hear about your problems.

Especially the eye thing.

Let us know as soon as you figure something out.

Warlock

Prayers for you and Cheryl. Please do get that eye issue checked out. It can also be neurological.

toomanyfumes

Best of luck on the trip home. Maybe you got all the bad luck out of the way?

Devans

Just googling around, vision loss in one eye is nothing to mess with. It can as major as a stroke on the left brain, sudden loss of blood pressure or a tumor on the optic nerve. There are also several "smaller" things it could be also.

Not trying to worry ya, just sayin you should really get that checked right away Jerry.

Be safe coming home. :worthy:

vtxfrog

be safe jerry and cheryl ..need you back in 1 peice not multipul...... OKAY!!!

and realy have that eye checked it is not worth putting of and chacing someting worse....

be safe ride slow and carefuly....

Ghost Rider 2

Well I am glad to report today was a much better day. Not as hot great riding. Not a problem came up. I let the others lead and I rode 2nd or last. Eye still an issue. I can see something if it is right up close anything over a few feet is a blur at best. No pain or anything just blurry. We are in Boone, NC. Beautiful roads here. Would make a great place for a future meet & greet. Going out for dinner, check back in later.

beenshot

thanks for the report, jerry. glad your trip is getting better and maybe your dinner will be better than your previous ones.

make sure you get some of that standard tea.:funny:

keithg64

Jerry, call your doctor maybe he can prescribe somthing you can get at a drug store close to you. That is nothing to mess with.

Back seat drivers are always the worst. Ha Ha

AspectOne

[user=689]keithg64[/user] wrote:

Jerry, call your doctor maybe he can prescribe somthing you can get at a drug store close to you. That is nothing to mess with.

Back seat drivers are always the worst. Ha Ha

I wouldnt screw around Jerry .... see a freakin doctor bud.

Ghost Rider 2

Cheryl and I broke away from group today. We headed west. Cheryl is heat exhausted. 2 days ago it was 107. 100 yesterday. And spending 10 hours a day on the road is to much. I am feeling good. Eye fuzzy but I am headed towards home. Will call our local eye doctor as soon as we are there. We are at a motel in Tennesse Cheryl and I hit the pool for a while. I came back to room she is still there. We only rode this morning. Checked in motel just after lunch. Taking a break.

Warlock

Good idea Jerry. No sense in killing yourself on vacation.

Devans

You 2 take care of yourselves.

beenshot

the pool sounds good, i'd probably hit that again before the day is over.

take care in this heat and have a safe journey.

Joep

Glad to see ya getting out of the heat.. even with 85 all air flow.. it does get hot!!

lucky_x16

Jerry, did you go get checked out yet?

I know your home.

You are not superman.

plskthompson

[user=651]Ghost Rider 2[/user] wrote:

Cheryl and I broke away from group today. We headed west. Cheryl is heat exhausted. 2 days ago it was 107. 100 yesterday. And spending 10 hours a day on the road is to much. I am feeling good. Eye fuzzy but I am headed towards home. Will call our local eye doctor as soon as we are there. We are at a motel in Tennesse Cheryl and I hit the pool for a while. I came back to room she is still there. We only rode this morning. Checked in motel just after lunch. Taking a break.

Where abouts did you two stay? If it was somewhere in middle TN, I'm going to be disappointed.:tap::tap: