Sign in to follow this  
vtxcandyred

A thought for when you wire or re-wire your trailer.

3 posts in this topic Last Reply

vtxcandyred
When you figure out where you want to run the wires take some measurements and head to the local hardware store to buy some pvc water pipe. I did this and bought some electrical hangers I needed along with the elbows, 45 & 90 degrees and a can of "The Great Stuff" to fill in at the ends where the wires protrude. http://greatstuff.dow.com/ I would end the pvc as close as I could to the light and attach it there with a conduit clamp. http://www.gibsonstainless.com/stainless_straps.htm The top and the bottom ones were the ones I used. When I was done I would squirt a dab of the "Stuff" where the wire came out and no bugs or insects can get in. Of course I would put a clamp wherever I felt one was needed. Just something to think about. Have fun down south. We will be leaving for the Smokies in a week.

DananRobin

Great idea. Getting ready to start a Harbor Trailer build in the next few weeks so getting as much info as I can from everyone before starting the build/

Joep

That is a great idea for keeping the weather out of the wires.. I ran mine down the inside of the tongue and out the back.. then into my box..