Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
toomanyfumes

1500 trailer hitch...Combi camper

8 posts in this topic Last Reply

toomanyfumes

For those who have hitches on their 1500's how hard are they to install. Just bolt on? Also does the wiring connect without splicing? I'm looking on Chris Chrome and they say just a phillips is needed to hook up wiring harness.

I can pick up a Combi camper for 500 bucks, It's 20 years old but in great shape.

I'm tempted but it's kinda wide and i don't know if I want to pull it. If I buy it I need to get the hitch and wiring done and run up north and pick it up before the meet in Missouri.

Bamaeagle

The hitches just bolt on to the same frame the saddle bags are attached too.....not too hard of a job. The wiring harness I got was a plug and play type....no splicing needed.

Devans

[user=882]Bamaeagle[/user] wrote:

The hitches just bolt on to the same frame the saddle bags are attached too.....not too hard of a job. The wiring harness I got was a plug and play type....no splicing needed.

Very easy to install...

I bought the plug and play harness also...no splicing.

Ghost Rider 2

I just happen to have a GL1500 hitch. If interested shoot me a PM. As for the wiring. I would go with the plug and play harness at CycleMax. I work at RV dealer. I wire trucks and campers everyday. The harness and connections from CycleMax are great.

toomanyfumes

Thanks for replies

sniper

How far up north do you have to go Andy? I'm half way there, if there is any way I can help you out let me know. Depending on my work schedule and what-not.

toomanyfumes

I appreciate the offer but I'm gonna pass on the camper. It's just too wide. It has a queen size bed and the bed is as wide as the trailer. Also over 20 year old canvas makes me nervous too.

sniper

Gottcha. That 20 year old canvas would make me think a bit too.