Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
lucky_x16

Man Down

62 posts in this topic Last Reply

lucky_x16

Okay, first bike down in a really long time for me.

As some of you know, my Grandpa has been extremely sick for the past few months and I have not had a lot of time to post here because of the extra work I have been doing for them.

Today after work, I jumped on my 750 Vulcan and rode over to their house to get my new chores done to help them out.

When I got done, I just got back on the main road, and a kindly old lady decided she needed all 4 lanes for an emergency ATM run.

I locked up the bike tires, and was in control until I seen I was still going to hit her. To avoid hitting her and a possible end over end, I turned the front wheel. As the bike started its street dance, I jumped and rolled well clear.

So far it is just left shoulder, left knee and about 2 square of road rash.

I am thinking of heading to the hospital and getting checked out.

WIll keep you advised.

dwsonar

Glad it wasn't worse. Go get it checked, and let us know.

devansgirl

Let us know Lucky!! Feel better :wave:

Cactus_Jack

Definately go get checked out.

Good to hear your still kicking though

Ghost Rider 2

I talked to Lucky he was waiting for his mother to drive him to hospital. Said he would report back after he gets out. He is not very happy with the lady in the car.

kristop64089

Chin up boss. Glad to hear you're OK. I have had a few close calls the last few times out. One was a guy turning RIGHT, in front of me, from an obstructed view. I caught up with that prick, who was texting away, on his phone.

Other time was a tailgater, that c-sucker rode me like a pony for 20 miles. I couldn't ditch him for anything. I woulda stopped to beat his butt, but I don't think he would have followed me then.

DigbyODell

Let us know Lucky!!!

Bamaeagle

Man I hate to hear this news. Lucky I hope you are ok man!

Keep us all posted.

lucky_x16

The doctor says I will live, although tomorrow and Friday it will probably not feel much like living.

I pick up my pain meds in the morning.

Other than the road rash, which is expected.

Sprained ankle, and ruined steel toed work boot.

Twisted knee, and ruined pair of Carhart Jeans

He stated the obvious with severe soft tissue damage in my shoulder, and wants me to see an ortopedic doctor Tuesday to have it checked out.

Nothing broken, out side of clutch handle, windshield, turn signal, exhaust, and my pride.

Devans

Glad you didn't get hurt more Lucky... :clap: Thanks for the update

devansgirl

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] wrote:

Nothing broken, out side of clutch handle, windshield, turn signal, exhaust, and my pride.

What does pride have to do with it? :baffled: It wasnt your fault!! Just be glad nothing worse happened... Glad your ok!! :wave::wave:

AspectTwo

Hey bud, so glad you're somewhat ok and talking to us! Be sure to take advice on the shoulder 'cause that's something you'll live with & need to make the best of it. So sorry for the accident but so glad not worse!!:dance: Hang in there as you're gonna feel pretty grumpy and sore tomorrow....

beenshot

great news:woohoo:i knew you were too honery to be hurt very bad:funny:

plskthompson

Glad to hear you're ok Lucky. Donna it may not have been his fault, but he's going to be the one paying for it all because he was behind her. The bastages.

Joep

hmmm did the bike reach out and touch the lil' ol' lady??? and we are glad you are okay Lucky...

Spaz

Good to hear you made it out of that mess walking !!! Get well Lucky!!

lucky_x16

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

hmmm did the bike reach out and touch the lil' ol' lady??? and we are glad you are okay Lucky...

No, the bike did not reach out and touch her, it was ditched just before actual impact to avoid going over the car. When it was ditched, it just seemed to stop and cance in the road missing her car. Initially I thought it had hit her car even though my attempts were to avoid it. Even the witnesses thought it hit her car, but the bike stopped just short of it.

Putt

Good luck Lucky!!!! It sucks to hurt!!

Did the lady stop?:baffled:

Joep

Yeah my next question also!!

lucky_x16

[user=325]Putt[/user] wrote:

Good luck Lucky!!!! It sucks to hurt!!

Did the lady stop?:baffled:

Not on her own.

A couple of cagers chased her down to the ATM machine she was so eager to get to. I was actually very impressed with one of them, she explained the old lady in a manner someone of my size never could get away with, even after rolling down the road with my motorcycle.

I was impressed with the response of the people that seen what happened. Never had I expected so many to get in volved in a situation like this. I was also very lucky that the police gun range was just closing and I was only a block or two away. If the witnesses had not stopped her, she would not have gotten far.

AspectOne

darn bro... you live up to your name here then yea?

FirstCavArmyVet

Thank God your ok man. Glad to hear it. what the hell is it with 2010 and bikes goin down? Did I miss the memo?

lucky_x16

[user=1417]FirstCavArmyVet[/user] wrote:

Thank God your ok man. Glad to hear it. what the hell is it with 2010 and bikes goin down? Did I miss the memo?

I missed the memo as well.

It seems these first warm months of the year are the worst for motorcycle accidents, which is probably why May is motorcycle awareness month.

UPDATE: I can finally begin to move my arm with out too much great pain. Might help that I got good pain meds, but I am working it to get movement back. The knee and ankle are still a bit of a pain, but feeling better as well.

Thanks again for the well wishes and prayers.

Babydoozer

Lucky, well wishes on a speedy recovery sorry you had an ooopsy but glad it was not more servere rest up and heal soon,we will keep you n our prayers

Babydoozer

Lucky, well wishes on a speedy recovery sorry you had an ooopsy but glad it was not more servere rest up and heal soon,we will keep you n our prayers