Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

New to me trailer

26 posts in this topic Last Reply

Devans

I know this isn't really a project build, per se, but I will be doing work to it as I go along, so I figured I'd post in here.

As most of you know we headed down to Ghostriders house today to pick up my new trailer. It is a Magneta trailer. I have been wanting one since I first saw Jerry's and finally got the opportunity to buy one.

When I picked it up it looks pretty much like the pics below, except the frame was black. I sanded it, primed it, and painted it tonight. It is a bear finding a color that matches the bike so I went with Titanium Silver, which was the closest we could find.

1_192257_590000001.jpg

1_192257_590000000.jpg

Besides painting I have completely removed the old wiring harness which was pretty patched up (not by Jerry). I will be replacing the entire harness and also replacing all the lights with LED's.

I also removed the 1 1/4" steel bar from the cooler rack I made a month ago and will be bolting the rack to the trailer. I will also be ordering some graphics from a guy I have bought previous vinyls from and putting them on the trailer. The main one will be the goldwing logo that will go across the back of the trailer to sort of incorporate the trailer more in to the bike.

1_192257_590000002.jpg

Devans

1_192309_110000000.jpg

One more..

sniper

Looks nice dean.:clap::clap:

Devans

Thanks sniper...

AspectOne

NIce trailer.... hell nice garage!

Devans

[user=1316]AspectOne[/user] wrote:

hell nice garage!

I hate clutter... :yes::yes:

I use an old piece of vinyl for when I change the oil and do repairs. One time, I spilled a little oil on the floor and was panicking for a week until I finally got the stain up... :doh::rofl:

devansgirl

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

[user=1316]AspectOne[/user] wrote:
hell nice garage!

I hate clutter... :yes::yes:

I use an old piece of vinyl for when I change the oil and do repairs. One time, I spilled a little oil on the floor and was panicking for a week until I finally got the stain up... :doh::rofl:

Thats not a lie. Sometimes I go out there and move things just to see how he reacts :funny: And dont you dare spill soda or anything on the floor... OMG.... That will result in punishment beyond belief :CRY: :funny::funny::funny::funny::funny:

Lets just say he is more picky with his garage than I am with the house, and that is saying ALOT :funny::funny:

AspectTwo

I knew you were anal!!....retentive that is.....:scared: :funny::funny::CRAZY:

Great looking little trailer Dean! You kill me how quick you are with these projects man. :clap::clap: You gonna light it up so no one runs over it?? We were kinda worried with the gray/black one so added extra lighting and a flag pole so it could be distinguished when running up on the back of it.

Devans

I wont deny that I'm anal about my garage.. what she says is the truth :yes::yes::rofl:

Lighting... YES.... Im going to try to find a spoiler, with the led's in it, off of a 1500 to add to the top. Im also looking for a trunk rack off of a 1500 to add tot he top of it. :looking::looking::looking: For a really good price that is :yes:

lucky_x16

Great looking trailer Dean!

It does match Baby well!

Devans

[user=650]lucky_x16[/user] wrote:

Great looking trailer Dean!

It does match Baby well!

Well, I did buy 2 in a half hour span... I guess I could sell it to ya... :ponder:

NAH!~! This one is a keeper.

Joep

Nice going Dean... yours is about as big as mine.. and I need to paint a little ( I only havd and outside area..) and the paint will be mostly to give it one color and make the frame look like home built and not repainted bought one..

Devans

I got a couple more hours work in today, on the trailer. I had some new 8" hub caps laying around that we had bought 4 years ago, when I had my other harbor freight trailer. They didn't fit the HF wheels. I decided to give them a try on the new trailer today. Well,,,, after about 5 minutes with a dremel....this is the result.

BEFORE

1_192258_000000003.jpg

AND AFTER THE NEW HUB CAPS

1_221747_210000000.jpg

1_221747_210000001.jpg

I think I am almost done for now, minus the stickers I need to get ordered. I am also still looking for a 1500 or 1200 trunk rack, if anyone has one cheap. I'd also like to pick up a 1500 trunk spoiler...any color, as I can have it painted to match the trailer.

Next thing is to get a LED light mounted to the top lid, for more visibility, as the tail lights are pretty low on this trailer.

As you can see, I got the new DIY cooler rack mounted also and all of the wiring was removed, thrown away, and a new wiring harness was installed from front to back.

1_221747_220000002.jpg

So until I find a spoiler, trunk rack, and get the decals ordered, thats it for now.

1_221747_220000003.jpg

Vegaswingnut

Those caps look great Dean. Where did you get em?

Devans

[user=75]Vegaswingnut[/user] wrote:

Those caps look great Dean. Where did you get em

I honestly dont remember. I know they came from a private party on Ebay. They are actually Golf cart hub caps.

I did find THIS site that does have them though.

Ill post a few pics of the back of them so you can see if you thik they will fit your rim style.

Devans

Hey Vegas... here are the dimensions on those hub caps...

1_221834_100000003.jpg

1_221834_100000002.jpg

1_221834_100000001.jpg

1_221834_100000000.jpg

Joep

Dean do those just bolt on using the lug bolts/nuts or are they press fit??

Devans

They have metal tabs that grab on to the rim.... press fit. :wave:

Joep

kewl

fysty-1

Dean whar a great looking trailer! just a beaut!. Speaking of hub caps Does anyone have a pair of SS 13" trim ( beauty ) rings lying around. I have a pair of Baby moons I'd swap. That is the look I am going for with my trailer. Moons & trim rings & maybe red rims. Pics to follow in projects forum.

Vegaswingnut

Thanx Dean......I looked at that site.....I'm really diggin the Cragar ss mags. :evil:

AspectTwo

Great work Dean!! Those hub caps look awesome!!

Joep

Yeah the black SS ones look real nice.. and the keystones aren't half bad either..

plskthompson

fysty-1, I'll check over the weekend and see about those beauty rings. I know we have a couple of 15" sets, a couple of 14" sets, not sure on the the 13"s though. I'll let you know next week.

fysty-1

[user=1136]plskthompson[/user] wrote:

fysty-1, I'll check over the weekend and see about those beauty rings. I know we have a couple of 15" sets, a couple of 14" sets, not sure on the the 13"s though. I'll let you know next week.

Oh that woul be great! Thanks a bunch. Angela:clap::clap::worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,