Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy New Year and Welcome to 2019!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NASR 12!!!
Sign in to follow this  
Devans

Another harbor freight trailer

36 posts in this topic Last Reply

Joep

I got the the HF set.. and they are really light... and have bright brake lights... need to wire in the light adapter to convert from 5 wires (separate turns and brake) to 4 wire.. 4 wire kit came with lights..

Joep

I got the the HF set.. and they are really light... and have bright brake lights... need to wire in the light adapter to convert from 5 wires (separate turns and brake) to 4 wire.. 4 wire kit came with lights..

toomanyfumes

Well I'm copying your idea Dean. Got the trailer, primer and paint. Mine will be tan though. Gonna look for the carpeting today.

Devans

Have fun with it Andy. I really enjoy tearing them down, cleaning them up, and making them look good. :yes:

toomanyfumes

Dropped the big $6.80 for a hunk of outdoor carpeting. Got the rails sanded, either gotta heat the garage or wait for a little warmer weather before I prime and paint them.

Devans

Heat the garage.... heat the garage :woohoo::woohoo:

FirstCavArmyVet

[user=1]Devans[/user] wrote:

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:
Dean are the tail lights standard filament bulbs or are they LEDs

They are standard, for now. I saw that HF has a set for $29 right now. I have also been looking for 1157 clear LED replacements but all we have around here are the red LED's.

We were looking for clear LED's in the 1157's when we had our 1980 going, couldn't find them anywhere from Ft Myers up to Tampa. Wound up going with the red. You can get the clear, but you have to order them online. I think I still have the website if you need it.

fysty-1

The rule of thumb for LED's is you go with the bulb color that is the same as your lenses. Except where the lenses are clear, then you go with the color of bulb needed for you app. If you put a clear bulb behind a red lens, you will get a pink light. Here is a great link for all those needing LED's. Great customer service. Im my mind they are 5 Stars. http://www.customdynamics.com/

bigjoey38

My name is joe and I am new to the fourm.

Just bought a HF trailer from a guy for $170..already built..like new...

I am in the process of putting the floor on and painting it. Did u sand yours down before u primed it?

On mine I want to add the rails and looking at using a canvas bag when traveling. I had a 84 honda goldwing

but sold it 2 years ago. I really like a honda gold wing trike but have to pay off quite a few bills off. For now I am looking and a used VW trike.. Runs good and good for the wife ( she had knee replacment and has trouble getting on off bikes)..The passenger set is from a cobolt and is low so she can get on/off easy. Plus we are not light weight people so that type of trike will do us fine.

I ran into this site which lead me to fourms of others that have HF trailers. Looks like there is so much u can do with these trailers.

http://www.google.com/search?q=harbor+freight+trailer+pictures&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=yJ2JT9WkMeTg2gX_w7WyCQ&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=622

Joe

Sterling, Co

Joep

Welcome from North TEXAS DFW area.... Yeah Harbor Freight sure came up aces with their trailer kits...

Joep

Computer responses got me.. sorry folks:surrender::surrender::surrender::scared::scared::scared: