Our Official NAGF Flags

are now available in the NAGF Online Store in TWO Sizes! Don't miss your chance of being one of the first to fly the new high visibility NAGF Flag!!!

Click Here To Go To the NAGF Online Store!!!

Snag_1ffcf50.png

NAGF Admin NAGF Admin
NAGF News Ticker

• Happy 4th of July Everyone!!!
  • New Members are always welome!!!
  • NAGF
Sign in to follow this  
AspectOne

A new day

27 posts in this topic Last Reply

AspectOne

So I and 2 have been VERY sick this week. Walking pnumonia or what ever its called but from last Wed till today .... man oh man have we had it rough. Larry and Debbie Reel were making their way back to pick up Barney after getting her new SilverWing in Dallas. The morning was HUMID, MUGGY and OVERCAST. I roll out the 1500 and trailer from their cubby hole in my garage and wait.

DSCN1041.JPG

Coffee in hand, time to reflect. Charlie82 in NC gave me one hell of deal on this bike... I have made quite a few upgrades and improvements since then. Hell, ride it now you wouldn't think it was the same one. As I inspect the machine, looking for flaws, missed spots from the detail etc, I am thinking maybe I really don't NEED an 18. For half the price I can rig out another 15 and have a teardrop trailer to boot. With change left over even.

DSCN1043.JPG.

I continue to inspect and assess the bike, my situation, life... hell.

DSCN1046.JPG

It would be damned hard to build another up like we did this one. Even in the gloom of a dreary morning this bike stands tall.

DSCN1048.JPG

Hell it would take a lot to just make another trailer like the one I sold with Barney. Thanks to durango Dave for building such a nice unit for us too. I only used it twice.

DSCN1051.JPG

So I am thinking again. My wife will tell you that is never a good thing but it has taken us from my re-entry to the sport on an 1100 all the way up to a 3 bike stable with a 1500 as the crown jewel of our collection.

DSCN1055.JPG

Oh well, it is not like there is a lack of things to do and tinker with. My old 750 project is starting to come together. The parts are mostly here or coming for it... just need the time to do it is all. My health is bad more than good these days and when I feel like working I am so far behind it's as if I will never catch up. When I don't feel good I am on bed rest and so that doesn't help any either... but still progress is being made slowly but surely. A little bit each day I guess.

DSCN1061.JPG

Larry and Debbie arrive and we start the process of off loading her SW and making room to load the trailer. The plan is to load the trailer into the back of their truck and then put the bikes on their flat bed..... This is my new found sister Debbie Reel. Ain't she just a cutie???

DSCN1062.JPG

This bike seems to suite her well enuff... I bet my wife would like one if she ever gave it a try. So we had a hell of a time getting it all loaded down but its on there now. We have all sweated through our shirts in this HUMID air and so its time to wash up and find some lunch. Good reward for a job well done I always say.

DSCN1063.JPG

As anyone who knows us will tell you the Aspects try to be good hosts. We took Larry and Deb to one of our favorite "ole school" watering holes for a good cajun lunch.

DSCN1072.JPG

When we returned it was decided some extra strapping would be a good idea and after a bit of wrangling found the best tie off points to get the job done...

DSCN1076.JPG

DSCN1070.JPG

Larry is one hell of a nice guy. Deb is great. we made some new friends today I think. They work at a factory that makes cups, plates etc... they brought us samples of what they make and so we have all the cups and plates we will ever need for the meet and greet next month too!!!

DSCN1078.JPG

DSCN1080.JPG

Can you say BOOOONNNUUUUUSSSSSSSSS boys n girls???

LOL

DSCN1067.JPG

So watching them pull away, feeling the pit that is grwoing into my stomach I am starting to second guess this whole thing again. I could have a nice 1500 and a teardrop camper instead of my 1800. And have money in the bank still. I knew this deal would tap me but also knew it was a chance and time to move up and on. Still sad about it though.

I am sure I will feel better when I leave for Texas on my new ride Thursday.:twitch:

Anyway... farwell Barney. Safe journey friends.

A1

Joep

sorry you have to part with your prized ride and newly aquired trailer.. but you are going to bigger and better?? things.. only thing is Chris you are gonna need a flatbed trailer sometime and the teardrop ain't gonna want to strip for you..

plskthompson
:CRY::cry::CRY::cry:

AspectOne

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

sorry you have to part with your prized ride and newly aquired trailer.. but you are going to bigger and better?? things.. only thing is Chris you are gonna need a flatbed trailer sometime and the teardrop ain't gonna what to strip for you..

Yea figure on putting another HF together with a topper I got from Dave0430.

The way I travel its too expensive to camp anymore, freakin KOA is 22 bucks. I can stay at a Motel 6 for 30!

So with a tear drop when I get too tire I can just pull of the isde of the road, heat some beens n franks and crash while watching TV in my bedroom on wheels. In the morning I can stumble out to the galley, fire up the coleman for some fresh coffee and be on my way again. I can stay at truck stops with a teardrop for nothing, same for rest areas but they wont allow tents in rest areas now days.

Joep

yeah and in a pinch you can even use wally world's lots.. I have heard they will allow up to three days stayover.. ( they hope you will buy supplies from them)

plskthompson

[user=895]Joep[/user] wrote:

yeah and in a pinch you can even use wally world's lots.. I have heard they will allow up to three days stayover.. ( they hope you will buy supplies from them)

I've slept in a couple of WW lots in the cab of a truck. Manager didn't seem to happy the next morning, but when he seen me walking out with supplies he didn't say a word.

Cactus_Jack

The closest one to us has "No Overnight Parking" Signs all over the place but I've seen the out parking lots of some look like an RV park before.

Joep

Good Sam (IIRC) or AARP has had articles on travelling that have mentioned the wally stop..

AspectTwo

Well, it was a bitter sweet day finally putting Barney and the trailer on trailers for their new home, but glad that Larry and Debby are such great folks and will enjoy their new rides. Told them I was really jealous of the souvenirs they acquire on their vacations! LOL!

:clap::clap::clap:Did anyone catch that they have stocked us for plates and cups for the MNG??!! Thanks to The Reel Family (a newer member here) we are set! It was funny, Chris had told them of the mandatory AR gratuity for any sale :doh:....well they brought it! These guys are great so when you see them out on the forum give them a big hello.

I think I heard a rumor Larry was cussing us after he got the bike home - wouldn't start.....smell gas....still no start. Frickin, fracking, ##@@@%%!! Then, the kill switch- starts right up! LOL! Hey Larry, certainly ain't the first time that's been done....but I'll stop there so A1 hears no rumors of stories I've posted.....:nono::funny:

devansgirl

[user=1299]AspectTwo[/user] wrote:

:clap::clap::clap:Did anyone catch that they have stocked us for plates and cups for the MNG??!! Thanks to The Reel Family (a newer member here) we are set!

.but I'll stop there so A1 hears no rumors of stories I've posted.....:nono::funny:

Thank you Reel Family :clap::clap::clap:

Berta... Your secret is safe with me, but these other guys on here will narc you off :nono: :funny::funny::funny::funny:

AspectTwo

Past that, we're so glad we have new friends in IL with Larry and Debbie. We went to get the 1800 Thursday down in Bossier City, LA. "Wile E." has mileage on him but you absolutely would never know. This bike showed well in the pics, but man oh man what a beauty! This thing is loaded and pristine.

I loaded A1 up with supplies from the local Wall-E Supercenter, gassed all the vehicles up, a kiss good-bye and he's off to Texas while I'm back to AR to work and such. He called me just down the road where he stopped to check our load job on the gear again & said something like, "15 miles & I'm in love...." He likes it!

Wish I had some pics to post, but A1 has the camera with him on his extended weekend romp. It's beautiful for sure. Seller threw in many, many items with the bike that made a really sweet deal just unbelievable! :yes: I'm sure I'll love it too when I get to ride on it - in the meantime, it's all his......

AspectTwo

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

Thank you Reel Family :clap::clap::clap:

Berta... Your secret is safe with me, but these other guys on here will narc you off :nono: :funny::funny::funny::funny:

:funny::funny::funny::doh: don't 'cha know....is that a guy thing or what Donna??:doh:

devansgirl

[user=1299]AspectTwo[/user] wrote:

:funny::funny::funny::doh: don't 'cha know....is that a guy thing or what Donna??:doh:

Yes it is a guy thing. Cant keep a secret for nothing... Us girls on the other hand, we stick together!! GIRL POWER :banana::banana: :funny::funny::funny:

Devans

Thanks Reel family for the MNG supplies... Im sure they will be put to good use. :clap::clap::clap:

mikef

Girls can keep a secret? Um, no.....I don't think so.

beenshot

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

aren't girls the ones that invented gossip?

mikef

AND perfected........:funny:

AspectTwo

Ok guys, obviously you just don't understand the rules......girls dont' keep too many secrets from our girlfriends but that doesn't count! They'd take it to the death!! From you guys, well......:evil::evil:secrets can be kept......

Cactus_Jack

The three fastest ways to spread news

1. Telegraph

2. Telephone

3. Tell a woman

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

sniper

I wouldn't come out from under that chair any time soon Jack. They must be in bed yet, but when they get up that whip is coming out and they will be after you. :rofl::rofl:

devansgirl

[user=511]Cactus_Jack[/user] wrote:

1. Telegraph

2. Telephone

3. Tell a woman

:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

And why would we tell a secret to a man anyways? Its not like they would ever listen :nono:

devansgirl

[user=12]mikef[/user] wrote:

Welcome back Mike... Havent seen you in a long time here :tap: :wave::wave::wave::wave::wave:

And I have to admit, I really cant keep a secret very good :scared:

Cactus_Jack

[user=2]devansgirl[/user] wrote:

[user=511]Cactus_Jack[/user] wrote:

1. Telegraph

2. Telephone

3. Tell a woman

:whip::whip::whip::whip::whip:

And why would we tell a secret to a man anyways? Its not like they would ever listen :nono:

What was that you said Donna? :scared::funny::funny::funny:

devansgirl

Exactly :tap: :funny::funny:

Joep

:watching::watching::watching::watching: I'll keep my mouth full .. can't keep it shut when eating popcorn..

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use,